• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mate it's all just been laid bare in a News Corp article I just read. DCE is one of the major issues as well as tug o war between Hasler and the Fulton's.
I read that also, it doesn't look good @:cry: and we have him for how many more years? Definately time for Tom or Jake as Captain.

And they are talking about him as a potential Dally M winner too. Makes me laugh when you consider the DCE fanbois were tossing up Hunt's $1mil contract as justification that we were paying DCE top dollar and he deserved it. Hunt gets it done without a noted 1, a rookie 6, an average 9 and a forward pack that on paper is no better than ours. Still there are no excuses from him, just gets it done with controlled consistent football. Good on him for coming back from that disastrous dropped ball in the GF a few years back.

Hunt has been more consistent than the Chook for a while now at club level and I think you can mount a case to say his Origin performances have been better too. Let's see where DCE figures in the Dally M voting this year, he won't be top 10 as usual I suspect. Hunt providing better value for money in my opinion.
How did the Dragons go this year..oh yeah

Anyone watch Ben Hunt last night. Took charge and single-handedly led an average Dragons team. Lifted them, showed them how to go forward. I would swap our overpaid goose for him in a heartbeat.

It's interesting his uptick in form. Was it last year that they were all calling for his head, and a waste of money? I think his partner even came out and defended him.

An uptick in form.... ~dreams~

Hunt has been more consistent than the Chook for a while now at club level and I think you can mount a case to say his Origin performances have been better too. Let's see where DCE figures in the Dally M voting this year, he won't be top 10 as usual I suspect. Hunt providing better value for money in my opinion.

Dally M votes correspond to the team's form regardless of an individual's form mostly.
Whatever team wins whether by 1 in golden point or 40 the winning teams players will get the votes.

It's funny you say Hunt's providing better value for money, he may be but they're still not making the 8.

Dally M votes correspond to the team's form regardless of an individual's form mostly.
Whatever team wins whether by 1 in golden point or 40 the winning teams players will get the votes.

It's funny you say Hunt's providing better value for money, he may be but they're still not making the 8.
The original point of my post was that Hunt's salary was used consistently as justification of DCE being highest paid player in league i.e. LOL if Hunt is on $1mil a season DCE is a steal at $1.2mil etc. All I'm saying is that in terms of return on investment through individual performance Hunt is delivering better value than DCE currently. They aren't the only two highly paid players whose teams aren't making the 8 so I don't understand what that has to do with their relative performances.

Anyway why draw the line at making the 8 ? Who cares if you finish 6th or 7th, Premierships are all that counts and we haven't had one for 10 years. So using that logic only the marquee player from the premiership winning team is providing true value for money.🤷‍♂️

Just listening to BSB with Rothfool ,he said amongst questions re his leadership style that DCE is signed till 2025 on 1.2 !!
Surely that cannot be correct and if it is ,as good as DCE is in general that is insane
If that is true, and I find it hard to believe that it is ,then whoever is the architect of that should go immediately

He is the current Qld and Australian skipper and doesn't attract fellow guns to play along side him in search of a premiership, says it all. I think he is a good guy and a great player but his lack self awareness lets him down as a leader. Penn the same , the Jersey fiasco started right in the front office , forget where it ended and be accountable for the start. Hugh Jackman was wearing one in the US before the game as a promotion, you dont have to be a super sleuth to work out where it came from. No chance of building culture when conduct like that is condoned.

Just listening to BSB with Rothfool ,he said amongst questions re his leadership style that DCE is signed till 2025 on 1.2 !!
Surely that cannot be correct and if it is ,as good as DCE is in general that is insane
If that is true, and I find it hard to believe that it is ,then whoever is the architect of that should go immediately
Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

He is the current Qld and Australian skipper and doesn't attract fellow guns to play along side him in search of a premiership, says it all. I think he is a good guy and a great player but his lack self awareness lets him down as a leader. Penn the same , the Jersey fiasco started right in the front office , forget where it ended and be accountable for the start. Hugh Jackman was wearing one in the US before the game as a promotion, you dont have to be a super sleuth to work out where it came from. No chance of building culture when conduct like that is condoned.
LOL....The jersey came from his best mate Gus Worland, not from Penn

The new contract was reported 4 April, the resignation of Humphreys reported on 1 April.

The new contract was reported 4 April, the resignation of Humphreys reported on 1 April.
OMG the plot thickens, so was Humphreys booted because he had financial issues or because he resigned DCE on that stupid deal or was it both.
Also while exercising my addiction to talk back radio Hadley has just said that there was a split in the playing ranks long before Jersey gate ,when they were in QLD last year with the Vid and DCE was allowed to have a separate house to the players rather than be in the hotel compound with everyone else .Des signed off on that and that was the start of a fracture according to Hadley

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6