• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would rather DCE at Manly then Moses but that’s my opinion. He is the current Australian half and QLD captain. You have a point in saying the half quality isn’t what it was now that JT and Cronk have now retired but he is the clear front runner in that position and pretty proud he is the Manly captain.
I feel last season he really took control of his position more so that any season I’ve seen him play. Mostly credited to Des for getting everyone working for each other which allowed DCE to shine like he should. Even in 2011 when we won the comp, I believe 2019 was a greater personal performance for him.
But that’s just my thoughts.
No no i dont want moses hahaha but he had a much better year than dce thats why he won the dally m. He played the whole year and didnt have rep duties thats why.

I'm not sure how you can say 2019 was better for him then 2011 when
he played every game
Won a gf
Hammered JT in the finals
Won dally m rookie honours
Was selected in 2011 team of the year

Lost origin
Missed heaps of games
Came 6th
.... yea nah ;) 2011 was his best year he had it all.... foran for the 1st half was in control but the end of season and his finals form was something to behold

No no i dont want moses hahaha but he had a much better year than dce thats why he won the dally m. He played the whole year and didnt have rep duties thats why.

I'm not sure how you can say 2019 was better for him then 2011 when
he played every game
Won a gf
Hammered JT in the finals
Won dally m rookie honours
Was selected in 2011 team of the year

Lost origin
Missed heaps of games
Came 6th
.... yea nah ;) 2011 was his best year he had it all.... foran for the 1st half was in control but the end of season and his finals form was something to behold

2011 he had a team of stars around him where systems where well in place. Was a much easier entry as he would now. Im not discounting that year at any stretch but I feel last season he showed a lot of control and on a personal level gained a lot more than what he did in 2011.
Like I mentioned, that’s my opinion and I respect yours.
Bring on 2020 the year of the Sea Eagles !

2011 he had a team of stars around him where systems where well in place. Was a much easier entry as he would now. Im not discounting that year at any stretch but I feel last season he showed a lot of control and on a personal level gained a lot more than what he did in 2011.
Like I mentioned, that’s my opinion and I respect yours.
Bring on 2020 the year of the Sea Eagles !
I think in 2020 he will take us to glory... again!

Just read the first 5 pages of this thread for old times sake! Quite funny looking back in hindsight

From Weidlers column today:

Fox Sports’ list of contracted current and former players has also been slashed significantly, including losing Daly Cherry-Evans and Moses Mbye, among others. Even big stars such as NSW, Australia and Roosters captain Boyd Cordner don’t have deals locked down for this season.

Thought that a Fox sports deal was part of D C E "s T P A arrangement but must be some other arrangement now . In D C E 's case , seemed to be in some demand for general appearances there previously but maybe is just concentrating on other matters now .

Fox Sports’ list of contracted current and former players has also been slashed significantly, including losing Daly Cherry-Evans and Moses Mbye, among others. Even big stars such as NSW, Australia and Roosters captain Boyd Cordner don’t have deals locked down for this season.

Love how this c*cknose, Weidler writes:

"Even big stars such as NSW, Australia and Roosters captain Boyd Cordner don’t have deals locked down for this season"

What? DCE being Manly & Qld captain, as well as Aust halfback is not a big name star?

He and Slothfield are the biggest germs in league journalism.

@ReadingThePlay blocked me on Twitter.

Honestly no one blocks me , I’m always respectful but always very pro Manly.

I called out his bull**** and said he was just making it up to suit his North Sydney Bears Agenda and BINGO I was gonski.

He can dish out crap but can’t take the heat when it’s put back on him.

Pussy!!

For every cloud there is a silver lining...from the same article

Last week we revealed that a player they had been grooming as a media talent for years, Cooper Cronk, did not have a deal days out from the start of the season. Fox have also let Brett Finch, Mark Gasnier and Graeme Hughes go.

No Cronk (fingers crossed) and no Gasnier.......shut up and take my money !!!!!!!!!!! Two of the biggest dribblers in the business, won't be sad to not hear that pair this season. Now if they can just do something about Hodges.

I can't help but feel DCE cops unnecessary flack for being well spoken and well presented.

It is as though because the guy isn't some redneck-reared bogan (and he's a Qld'er at that, extra marks for DCE there), that he is disingenuous or untrustworthy - somewhat unrelatable to the average IQ of League watchers.

What a crock.

When interviewed he is actually engaging and thoughtful, diplomatic and he doesn't revert to some sub-vocabulary filled with filler words and token homage to 'mates' and effort.

"Yeah, nah mate. like, just great being like out there backin' up the boys. Just love playin' with me mates', playin' footy, yeah, we all put in for each other, 110%, train hard, love backin' up me mates, mate. playin' with me mates. Y'know? Yeah, nah mate. All good cheers."

Said DCE....

Never.

And yet some people I know don't trust him as a result. DCE just needs a bit more "dead**** deadpan" in his quiver and he'll be fine

There really isn't a large enough difference(in general) between players in the outside backs to warrant tailoring a defensive structure based around the differences in players abilities and size. On top of that unlike most other sports where one on one defence is more noticeable(and your positive and negative attributes better highlighted) with League it is more working as a unit and numbers in a tackle.

I don't mind spacing changes for different teams, or even for slower players to not allow too much space on their outside to cover but you don't want structure changes all the time based on opposition teams and players in your own line up that could change through injuries and suspensions.
One of the biggest gripes on here this year was DCE. Because teams targeted him and shut him down so much. It was smart play by opposition teams. So yeah you can have success by adjusting specifically to an opposition

One of the biggest gripes on here this year was DCE. Because teams targeted him and shut him down so much. It was smart play by opposition teams. So yeah you can have success by adjusting specifically to an opposition

I reckon some of them must have shut him down via email prior to kick off. I agree he was an obvious target but until about round 15 he wasnt sighted until the 20 minute mark.

My favorite excuse of the year though was DCE couldnt expect to play well because levi was a crap addition to the spine but levi never copped the same latitude when DCE played crap in the spine

And when walker played well at 6 dce had a rest. Its a long off season . Go back and watch the early rounds

Dce was crazy busy for the last 6 or so weeks. Prior to that he was playing in a dinner suite turning the ball inside , turning the ball inside, taking the line on never

Sorry if this sounds like im disagreeing. I wasnt at all. Just adding. your points are kick arse vaild

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2