• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mavin

Bencher
There was a piece on them last week.
Wife going off to LA to get more acting gigs - thought she was still recovering from cancer.
So Myles may be open to moving interstate as the direct flights to LA would be 3 hours shorter from NQ

The Player movements are really hotting up till rd 13

Hotting up for some clubs

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
There was a piece on them last week.
Wife going off to LA to get more acting gigs - thought she was still recovering from cancer.
So Myles may be open to moving interstate as the direct flights to LA would be 3 hours shorter from NQ

The Player movements are really hotting up till rd 13
Didn't know NQ had direct flights to the US?

Menzies11

Reserve Grader
Didn't know NQ had direct flights to the US?
Don't think there are any from Townsville, but can definitely get them out of cairns. Don't think direct to US though, places like Hong kong and Singapore. Still a good 4 hrs drive from Townsville to cairns on top.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
I'm thinking back to 92/93 when we used to get the CNS- LAX flights
Seems like the GFC killed off the route

I still would rather stick with our young forwards and leave Myles to whoever

killerspud

Reserve Grader
Or the opposite, he is staying and his wife's
Happy they are not moving and he's happy
As he really didn't want to leave in the first place, and Manly have had to up his price
With some of Forans Money, so he is more than happy with the deal, that's why he is looking so at ease .....we will soon know
That was meant to be like.My bad.

lurker

Beaver lover
Toovey said in his post match conference in no uncertain terms he believes DCE is leaving, and is looking to leave on a high note. Didn't sound one bit like he was remaining.

I guess it's back to ...... **** ....don't even know who's left anymore.

I hope our CEO has some surprises up his sleeve .... and not an over the hill Myles.
Lol Tooves is learning and playing cards close to his chest. The other day when a reporter asked him if he thought signing dce's mates would help him stay. He replied with a smile you'll just have to wait and see. Haha I think there's stuff in the works ryan

tookey

First Grader
The less news from the club regarding signings the more confident I'm getting about DCE staying.
You must be 100% certain that DCE is staying because we have heard SFA from the club since Penn told us in January that his priority was to re-sign both of our halves by christmas.

The way things are going we will probably be left with Sandow as our half and Josh McCrone as our 5/8.

Andrew..

Bencher
Tipping Member
You must be 100% certain that DCE is staying because we have heard SFA from the club since Penn told us in January that his priority was to re-sign both of our halves by christmas.

The way things are going we will probably be left with Sandow as our half and Josh McCrone as our 5/8.
It just strikes me as funny how we probably have the most money to spend of any club and we're hearing zilch. At one stage I was annoyed thinking the club was just sitting around twiddling their collective thumbs but now I'm starting to think they have a cunning plan !

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Who know's mate, Gus Gould tweeted last night that Penrith have a nice announcement this morning (not sure what it is related to).

I wonder if its something to do with Idris replacement? Although they have enough players to cover the centres.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Ive even noticed that there is alot less speculation linking Manly to every available halve.

The club is styaing tight lipped, and by coming out and saying they want to keep Daly, the media seem complacent to say otherwise.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Our recruitment has always been quite astute, I can't see that going completely balls up just because of a change in ownership.

I have a feeling Penn and Kelly wanted to step in and run the show, but realised very quickly how badly they screwed up the Foran/DCE situation and now are letting Bozo clean up their mess. So whilst things definitely have not gone according to plan, I get the sense that the current plan is being much better executed.

The problem is that they have an uphill battle to get DCE to stay now.

Mavin

Bencher
Less speculation because less players (of quality) available no other reason. My opinion I see no cunning plan I see incompetence.

None of the replacement options are as good as what we had and the people in charge should have known that at the time.

A quality half means you pay less for other players because they want 2 be in the same side if you have a P-Plate half (which looks like we will have) you are stuck over paying players to get them 2 the club.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ive even noticed that there is alot less speculation linking Manly to every available halve.

The club is styaing tight lipped, and by coming out and saying they want to keep Daly, the media seem complacent to say otherwise.

That's because there isn't any available halves to link us to. We missed the boat on Sezer and Elgey

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Maloney rumours seem to have abated, haven't seen where he's re-signed with the Rorters yet though.

It would be fantastic if a back flip was done but I'm resigned to losing him and think we are more likely to end up with a P Plater like Ashley Taylor.

Guess we will know within 3 weeks.

Loaded dog

Well used Member
You must be 100% certain that DCE is staying because we have heard SFA from the club since Penn told us in January that his priority was to re-sign both of our halves by christmas..
I've agonised over this for months. I am drawn to conclude that Penn was talking about Christmas 2015 - not 2014...

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16