• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The only winner out of this whole debacle was our astute Businessman/Player DCE,
That's debateable too. Sure he's cleaned up financially but he was savagely vilified by the Qld press and has been the object of scathing criticism ever since. Even here among Manly fans. Given the reputational damage and angst that must surely have come with that, if he's won overall then probably not by much!

200k isn't going to be the difference between us beating a side like Penrith.

All the teams that had wins during the semis were built off the back of forward dominance and defence. Penrith won the GF off the back of their pack and defence. They are so far ahead of Manly and every other NRL side.

They won the Grand final in each of the 4 competition grades SG Ball, Jersey Flegg, State Cup and NRL.

They have all the best local junior talent. If you cannot match a sides opposition pack and have a decent defensive outfit wont be very competitive.

Plus we're still lacking a genuine hooker. They are the biggest concerns for me. Yes, I feel DCE should take a pay cut for his next contract extension, but how are we going to match Penrith's pack.

Hopefully Gordon Chan Kum Tong steps up to fill the hooker position, he looks very promising.
agree, but 200k (I said 300k), is a start in getting the money to where its needed to bolster some positions and let further players go who arent who we need.

Yep, there is more tweaking to do, but i am happy with approx 85% of the side. A few key positional upgrades, luck with injuries, and manly wont be too far off 2021 form

agree, but 200k (I said 300k), is a start in getting the money to where its needed to bolster some positions and let further players go who arent who we need.

Yep, there is more tweaking to do, but i am happy with approx 85% of the side. A few key positional upgrades, luck with injuries, and manly wont be too far off 2021 form
agree.

What I'm hoping for is some of the young players turn out to be real good first grade footy players. A successful nrl side needs those types of players. they have the core top players on the bigger slaries, then a group of younger talented players step up.

Cowboys were a great example. Their hooker Robson had a awesome year and he wasn't even heard of last year, then Drinkwater made the full back role his own, their 5/8 Dearden came of age, McClean and Gilbert were solid up front but their real gun forwards Cotter and Nani had breakout years and Taumalolo discovered his best form. Also thought Holmes was back to his best and Hiku was strong too.

Hopefully the young talent coming through at manly can have similar break out years.

Still lacking some go forward up front and a threat at hooker.

I actually think Shuster will have a better 2023 (fingers crossed)

i agree

Its not just about the extra coin its also the extra dimesion another halfback might bring manly as well as the coin. just because another halfback isnt as good at footy doesn't make them less effective at NRL

DCE is footy skills personified, but NRL , the brain game, he is a footy fabio

getting us into the home stretch-in order to make a move is 100% hit or miss underDCE control

A less skilled but reliable player who takes the ball to the line in attack and kick game may be boring but we may be a better footy team, less highlights, more field position.

players of this ilk-range in price but we could add a very good 9 and start playing NRL . Its like we have the walker brothers coaching us , but everyone has the script

foran at 400K , outplayed dce this season and that says a **** tonne about both players. Foran was humbled by years end, dce was hoping his association hadnt cost him personally. Its sad

i agree

Its not just about the extra coin its also the extra dimesion another halfback might bring manly as well as the coin. just because another halfback isnt as good at footy doesn't make them less effective at NRL

DCE is footy skills personified, but NRL , the brain game, he is a footy fabio

getting us into the home stretch-in order to make a move is 100% hit or miss underDCE control

A less skilled but reliable player who takes the ball to the line in attack and kick game may be boring but we may be a better footy team, less highlights, more field position.

players of this ilk-range in price but we could add a very good 9 and start playing NRL . Its like we have the walker brothers coaching us , but everyone has the script

foran at 400K , outplayed dce this season and that says a **** tonne about both players. Foran was humbled by years end, dce was hoping his association hadnt cost him personally. Its sad
Not to mention admitted to having thought about walking out on the club, especially if he lost his captaincy. Guys made out of butter, gets hot he just melts.

Mate, you watch how he goes in the world cup. I bet he'll silence a few tbh. He looked like JT in the Prime Ministers 13 !
Yeah he'll look like a champion beating up on the Rd 1 sh*t teams but Cleary will be there when the real matches start.

FB_IMG_1675575826178.jpg

34 years old this month, retirement age for an nrl player. Let him get his 300 games then send him off to super league. At that age he is on too big a paycheck.

Speaking of pay check. Dose anyone know what his new contract is worth?
It will really determine his value to the club

Last edited:
Speaking of pay check. Dose anyone know what his new contract is worth?
Is will really determine his value to the club
I've tried to find it but there isn't even a whisper on the google machine.
I think they've gone above and beyond to contain any leaks given the drama surrounding his salary over the last 10 years. I think $1M without the ratchet clause would be a good deal for both parties but thats pure speculation.

I think $1M without the ratchet clause would be a good deal for both parties
After 2023, I doubt this would be DCE's value on the open market - unless a club was desperate for an experienced halfback for a limited period. Otherwise, I think his top market value would be more like 900k. Likewise, Jake's current market value is probably 750-800k. If Turbo has a completely injury free season, I think his market value increases to 1.5M.

After 2023, I doubt this would be DCE's value on the open market - unless a club was desperate for an experienced halfback for a limited period. Otherwise, I think his top market value would be more like 900k. Likewise, Jake's current market value is probably 750-800k. If Turbo has a completely injury free season, I think his market value increases to 1.5M.
Agree on Jake and Tom. As for DCE he plays a position that comes with an inflated price due to the lack of good options. Just look at the teams overpaying for the likes of Brooks, Moses, Hunt and Taylor. 900k is probably right under the old salary cap but with the cap increasing by 25% $1M is the new $800k.

Do we even know what the DCE deal is for 24 & 25 ?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2