• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought the turning point was the early tackle 40/20 attempt that the Titans fullback caught on the full on the 30m line.

We had been going set for set for an extended period, and DCE blinked first for whatever reason.

Next thing you know, Walkers in the bin, and the rest is history.

As you say, DCE does love the cheap play, and this is not the first time an early tackle kick has swung momentum away from us.

The early DCE kick has also served us well many times.

Walkers bin was an issue, no DCE's early kick.

The early DCE kick has also served us well many times.

Walkers bin was an issue, no DCE's early kick.

It sure has.

The point we are making is that it is not a percentage play.
It's a cheap, flashy play that has bigger consequences when it doesn't come off.

We were going set for set, and Cherry blinked first....it was unnecessary and ultimately, costly, even forgetting the sin bin, as the Titans fullback caught the ball on the full on the 30m line, and they then had better field position.

I want Cherry to play percentages more often, although, as said, I fear it is too late to change.

It sure has.

The point we are making is that it is not a percentage play.
It's a cheap, flashy play that has bigger consequences when it doesn't come off.

We were going set for set, and Cherry blinked first....it was unnecessary and ultimately, costly, even forgetting the sin bin, as the Titans fullback caught the ball on the full on the 30m line, and they then had better field position.

I want Cherry to play percentages more often, although, as said, I fear it is too late to change.

At age 33 and 34 when 2023 starts, yes it is too late.

Man, he will be 36 when his contract finishes. 12 months too long?
I certainly hope he is taking unders for those last 2 years.

Seriously... the number of times DCE's 40/20 attempts has gifted the oppostion a try this season is ridiculous. This is low percentage and selfish play. Just when we need to build on possession and after being gassed from defending. Sick and tired of it.

Agreed.

To be fair though, if we ever needed a 40/20 attempt to change momentum it was at 0-22 last night.

I can't bag him for trying one in that situation. It was a last ditch attempt to do something different.

The Titans one still annoys me though. That was a cheap play that swung the match. And not for the first time this season either.

Does anyone else feel uncomfortable that this bloke, in the next couple of years will become our most capped player of all time?

Look at the rest of the top 10 and you have legitimate club legends that have won at least 2 premierships with the club. DCE won one in his rookie year off the back of the Stewart’s, Lyon, Matai, Watmough, Kite etc and done nothing but rob the club and destroy our salary cap since.

Agreed.

To be fair though, if we ever needed a 40/20 attempt to change momentum it was at 0-22 last night.

I can't bag him for trying one in that situation. It was a last ditch attempt to do something different.

The Titans one still annoys me though. That was a cheap play that swung the match. And not for the first time this season either.
With all due respect I see things differently. It's such a low percentage play. He gives away possession after just the 2nd tackle. Usually we have been gassed after lack of possession. So if it goes wrong we are screwed because:
a) no one from our team is expecting the kick. so there is no effective kick chase from anyone.
b) because of said lack kick chase the oppostion get the ball back easily in a better attacking field postion
c) our defence is tired/ on the backfoot backpeddling
d) a try usually ensues which compounds the situation.

DCE needs to learn to stay in the grind, try for better kick placement where we can put pressure on the defence. Just build pressure. Maintain possession. He is not a genuine leader. We need that to build resilience in our team. He is definitely not the sole problem of our team but he is a big part of it. And we are stuck with him and his over priced contract.

Does anyone else feel uncomfortable that this bloke, in the next couple of years will become our most capped player of all time?

Look at the rest of the top 10 and you have legitimate club legends that have won at least 2 premierships with the club. DCE won one in his rookie year off the back of the Stewart’s, Lyon, Matai, Watmough, Kite etc and done nothing but rob the club and destroy our salary cap since.
He has only taken what the club has given him - the club had the chance to let him go but singed him up again

You expect him to say no thanks? Would you do that?

He has only taken what the club has given him - the club had the chance to let him go but singed him up again

You expect him to say no thanks? Would you do that?
Yep 2 massive errors that set this club back a decade. Signing DCE and Barrett. Look at the players we've lost over the years and the team we could've had easily without the massive overs for the select 3.
1. Gutherson
2. Suli
3. Ramien
4. Hiku
5. Tom Wright
6. Cust
7. Hynes
8. AFB
9. Api
10. JWH
11. Lane
12. Garner
13. Verrills

Yep 2 massive errors that set this club back a decade. Signing DCE and Barrett. Look at the players we've lost over the years and the team we could've had easily without the massive overs for the select 3.
1. Gutherson
2. Suli
3. Ramien
4. Hiku
5. Tom Wright
6. Cust
7. Hynes
8. AFB
9. Api
10. JWH
11. Lane
12. Garner
13. Verrills
I’m not sure about a Manly team without the Turbos. But if we hadn’t signed DCE and Walker a few years back we could’ve had Gutho and Hynes as a long term halves pairing for much less money than we paid DCE and Walker with Tom at 1 and Api at 9.

Some will probably say Gutho is not a 6, but he played a bit there at Parra and I think he could have been a good one (and he may even end up in the 6 one day).

I’m not sure about a Manly team without the Turbos. But if we hadn’t signed DCE and Walker a few years back we could’ve had Gutho and Hynes as a long term halves pairing for much less money than we paid DCE and Walker with Tom at 1 and Api at 9.

Some will probably say Gutho is not a 6, but he played a bit there at Parra and I think he could have been a good one (and he may even end up in the 6 one day).
In all honesty the only players that would go into that squad from our current crop would be Tom, Jake, Koula and ( Olakau'atu prior to pride gate ).

IMG_6793.jpg

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8