• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Every Picture tells a story

And the moral of the story is ....
Never knock a champion because they Always rise to the occasion

1657832816814.png

Mentioned previously that D C E has seemed to have improved his pass delivery and selection in recent times and can only hope that it more the norm going forward . More likely just a bad type of habit and individualistic type mindset when he does kind of overindulge but really has its limitations . Different type of footy at S O O level as well with a bit more ruck leniency and open play . Every time D C E just keeps it simple and doesn 't try to overplay his hand and plays to his strengths , he and the side he is tends to go so much better. Probably does not help at club level when Manly make above average errors or wasting possession but also should have the smarts to do a bit better coping . Will be on the Manly scene for a bit longer yet of course , hopefully can stay healthy and play the type of footy and game mindset to keep Manly competitive at the very least .

Maintained all along that DCE is along with Toovey Manly's best half since I've been watching since 1965. Trouble is he's been playing for most of the past 6-7 years in a side sans Turbo that has been too inconsistent and uncompetitive against the top sides. DCE as a consequence tries too hard and at time overplays. But his game has won has far more games than lost them. Someone like Cleary, who is a very fine player, looks better on many occasions because he has a top side around him. Amazing how the media lauded his performance in Game 2 but tended to understate DCE's performance in Games 1 and 3. Read one lengthy article in the Telerag concerning Game 3 that didnt mention him once. Fortunately a couple of other journos gave him credit including a 9 out of 10, a rating only equaled by Ponga. DCE has become a whipping boy for some I would suggest.

Hunt? Seriously? Apart from the 40/20 & try he lost the ball 3 times at crucial moments & missed tackles. Yes he was good but nowhere near DCE's input.
I meant Hunt was the man who controlled everything, and that was how Slater probably planned it. not that he was better or worse. In saying that, he was instrumental in a few tries.

I wonder if DCE has a problem with trust at NRL level. No problem in Origin and no problem with the likes of Foz, Turbo, Jake. But with the younger kids I wonder if he has a brief question in his mind about whether they can do what he hopes and therefore runs in circles, makes stupid kicks etc, rather than just trusting the abilities of the the young guns?

I wonder if DCE has a problem with trust at NRL level. No problem in Origin and no problem with the likes of Foz, Turbo, Jake. But with the younger kids I wonder if he has a brief question in his mind about whether they can do what he hopes and therefore runs in circles, makes stupid kicks etc, rather than just trusting the abilities of the the young guns?
think it more the case of him just overplaying his hand and delaying the normal flow of play at times at club level anyway . Not saying that he is a natural hog but maybe just a semblance of hog type mentality sometimes . Still a great all round player when he is on his game, just need it on a very regular basis for his Manly side and Manly supporters sake

DCE plays a far more controlled in Origin because he trusts those around him and doesn't over play hold his hand or hold back the pass darting back inside he lets the ball go. We need him to do that at club level and that is a problem that Des needs to address. DCE came into a champion side where he had total trust in those around him in respect of their ability. At club level he makes poor decisions at times because he doesn't trust those around him and he thinks he has a license to be a one man band.

Its a young man's game Bozo. We need young talent coming through. The team needs to grow and evolve nothing or no one is forever or more important than the team.
It is a young mans game because young men are durable and so is the ageless DCE

A very balanced article.
Here's a few sentences that I think are spot on and underestimated by many, sometimes we're a bit too close to the forest to see the trees.

What's remarkable about Cherry-Evans' NRL career is how consistent the whole thing is when you zoom out and look at it as one big picture.

Occasionally he'll break out and do something glorious or heinous, but not very often. He's as consistent a player as you'll find and in a halfback's world...

Looking for a halfback is a volatile business. A good one can be hard to find, let alone one you can plug into your 17 for a decade and not worry about. It is here that Cherry-Evans true value comes through – it's not any one skill, because he is a very well-rounded footballer, it's his ability to flatten himself out, to avoid the peaks and valleys that normally dot a halfbacks career. Cherry-Evans can outwit or outplay, but the ability to outlast has become his true superpower.

Last edited:
A very balanced article.
Here's a few sentences that I think are spot on and underestimated by many, sometimes we're a bit too close to the forest to see the trees.

What's remarkable about Cherry-Evans' NRL career is how consistent the whole thing is when you zoom out and look at it as one big picture.

Occasionally he'll break out and do something glorious or heinous, but not very often. He's as consistent a player as you'll find and in a halfback's world...

Looking for a halfback is a volatile business. A good one can be hard to find, let alone one you can plug into your 17 for a decade and not worry about. It is here that Cherry-Evans true value comes through – it's not any one skill, because he is a very well-rounded footballer, it's his ability to flatten himself out, to avoid the peaks and valleys that normally dot a halfbacks career. Cherry-Evans can outwit or outplay, but the ability to outlast has become his true superpower.
You have to zoom out a fair distance though. When you watch on the ground, week by week, as we have to do, "not worry about" is hardly an apt description of DCE.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6