• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I suppose people read Buzz Rothfield's assessment of the top 50 players. Had DCE around No 40 well behind several other half backs. Either I know nothing about rugby League, or Buzz is off with the fairies again. Fair dinkum the guy has no idea

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/nrl-player-stats/manly-sea-eagles/daly-cherry-evans#.Wp9vxMs7Y0I

Nrl.com has Chez #9
https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/09/11/top-50-players-in-the-nrl-10-1/

Chez led in most stats last year, so being judged in the bottom 20% makes sense to a slush :finger:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/233117f4774886cc7979d25b8e814d4c

DALY Cherry-Evans has paid Manly Test forward Jake Trbojevic the ultimate praise by comparing him to 2011 Clive Churchill medallist, Glenn Stewart.

Yet despite being friendless in TAB premiership markets and written off to miss the top eight by the majority of experts, Cherry-Evans said the skill-set similarities between Stewart and Trbojevic would prove crucial to the club’s internal push to silence the doubters.

“100 per cent we’ll be using Jake more this year,’’ Cherry-Evans said.

“He’s hands-down the most talented lock in the competition when it comes to ball-playing.

Cherry-Evans’ glowing endorsement of Trbojevic — following his World Cup victory with Australia last year — was in reference to how the Sea Eagles will cope without an established five-eighth, in rookie half Lachlan Croker.

“The combination that is growing with his (Jake) brother (Tom) and the other forwards is really special to watch,’’ Cherry-Evans said.

“With a young fella (Croker) coming in, there seems to be a perception on me that the expectation on me has to go through the roof for some reason,’’ Cherry-Evans said.

“I think people might get a little shocked in round one when they notice I’m not running the show. Lachie is extremely enthusiastic and is champing at the bit for an opportunity, that’s a great thing to have in your side.

As for a first-up road-trip to tackle a new-look Newcastle, Cherry-Evans said: “The fact that no one is talking about us is gold, we’re just flying under the radar.

DCE is a man designed to lead. That always threatens the established leaders not just with Manly but with the Queensland cabal (Smith, Thurston and Cronk definitely set out to undermine DCE at SOO level from the start if you watch his first games at that level...he was a threat. Both Smith and Cronk are quite full of their self importance).

DCE had his ideas about the game and this young upstart was obviously trying to operate above his station of that time. They were annoyed and perhaps a little threatened by this so and so who was upsetting their comfortable pecking order. Love the players involved but quite frankly there were some big heads among them who should have shown a little more maturity. Only Lyon seemed to remain modest and have his head operating in perspective. That's what made him an excellent captain. Just hope DCE recognises the flaws of his team mates when the next standout leader rises to challenge him.
What is disappointing is that I would like to think that all those antagonists were welcomed into the team with open arms when they started in first grade, such a shame they couldn't find it in themselves to continue that behaviour when DCE joined the team
I think he was warmly welcomed when he was a rookie in 2011. The trouble started when DCE’s pay packet started skyrocketing and it was seen by some of the older player group as jeopardising their spots in the Manly squad.

I think he was warmly welcomed when he was a rookie in 2011. The trouble started when DCE’s pay packet started skyrocketing and it was seen by some of the older player group as jeopardising their spots in the Manly squad.

It started well before his big pay packet increase. Most of the players involved had already left by then. As for the SOO issue, the great excuse for the Queensland cabal dislike only used the Gold Coast issue as an excuse for their undermining of DCE.

It started well before his big pay packet increase. Most of the players involved had already left by then. As for the SOO issue, the great excuse for the Queensland cabal dislike only used the Gold Coast issue as an excuse for their undermining of DCE.

Not so, He was on a 90k contract when he won the GF in 2011 and naturally his manager went looking for a decent pay increase, unfortunately for Chez the salary cap was at bursting point so many legends of the club had to either take a pay cut or be moved on to accommodate this. Daly wore the brunt of the anger because a lot of those players had taken pay cuts to stick together and Chez looking to be upgraded caused that all to fall apart. It was our success that was to blame. If we were Melbourne we would have just signed a couple of the top players to 780k in TPA's and everyone would have been happy however we are Manly and the NRL couldn't wait to see us fall so they could put a favored team back on top, so much so the current NRL CEO illegally enticed our head coach to break his contract, Des got out as he knew this was about to fall apart. He left Toovey the sinking ship and Toovey got that sinking ship into a GF and swiftly got the boot. and now here we are. The pheonix (Burnt Sea Eagle) rises from the ashes yet again!

Not so, He was on a 90k contract when he won the GF in 2011 and naturally his manager went looking for a decent pay increase, unfortunately for Chez the salary cap was at bursting point so many legends of the club had to either take a pay cut or be moved on to accommodate this. Daly wore the brunt of the anger because a lot of those players had taken pay cuts to stick together and Chez looking to be upgraded caused that all to fall apart. It was our success that was to blame. If we were Melbourne we would have just signed a couple of the top players to 780k in TPA's and everyone would have been happy however we are Manly and the NRL couldn't wait to see us fall so they could put a favored team back on top, so much so the current NRL CEO illegally enticed our head coach to break his contract, Des got out as he knew this was about to fall apart. He left Toovey the sinking ship and Toovey got that sinking ship into a GF and swiftly got the boot. and now here we are. The pheonix (Burnt Sea Eagle) rises from the ashes yet again!

Well said and quite accurate :thumbsup:

The troubles over DCE came as early as 2013, when DCE and Foran were on much smaller money. The players had started breaking into camps then and Foran was in the Watmough, Stewart camp, DCE in the other. The problem over the contract money was not such an issue back then. But then after the 2014 season Manly failed to offer Glenn Stewart a sizeable contract and Watmough and his brother got dirty. And yes the issueof DCE's renewing cxontract details were coming up. But so was Forans, asking for similar money, so it wasnt just about DCEs offer.

Watmough spat the dummy and walked out after 2014 season and signed with Parra and Stewart signed with Souths in April 2015. But you may recall Manly found they didnt have the funds to pay DCE and Foran the big bucks they were by then demanding in 2015. DCE was offered a decent contract around $750 thousand a year I believe, thought about it and then Manly withdrew the offer and offered Foran the big bucks. DCE signed with the Titans and then unexpectedly Foran signed with Parra to join Watmough. DCE was not offered the contract he's now on to break the Titan's contract until about May and signed in June 2015, which was well after Watmough, Foran and Glenn Stewart had left the club

It all started 6 months after Dce signed a 3 year deal for around 175k per season, at the same time gift,skivvi and choc all agreed to pay cuts to stay together.
6 month later Dce (after signing his contract) demanded an immediate upgrade for a reported 500k per season which was belie ed to be his actual market value after his breakout season.
His manager threatened to talk to other clubs and manly caved, hence the hatred by the senior players.

It all started 6 months after Dce signed a 3 year deal for around 175k per season, at the same time gift,skivvi and choc all agreed to pay cuts to stay together.
6 month later Dce (after signing his contract) demanded an immediate upgrade for a reported 500k per season which was belie ed to be his actual market value after his breakout season.
His manager threatened to talk to other clubs and manly caved, hence the hatred by the senior players.

And Foran? Wasnt it at that time Foran who was speaking with Hasler about moving to Canterbury for $650 thousand and Manly having to almost match that figure to ensure he stayed. If it was just about salaries why was Foran given the right of passage for about the same if not more than DCE was asking for. Like I said, it was more than money involved in this matter

Last edited:
I gotta admit i lost alot of respect for dce thru that period... He freely admitted himself in the lead up to the 2011 gf that his manager shopped him to every club but no one wanted to sign him and manly were happy to pay him overs at 175k...
6 months later his managment was holding a gun to manlys head demanding 500k..
My personal opinion was that if manly were willing to take a risk on a kid no body wanted, the kid shoulda atleast seen out the first year of that deal and try re negotiate the right way

I gotta admit i lost alot of respect for dce thru that period... He freely admitted himself in the lead up to the 2011 gf that his manager shopped him to every club but no one wanted to sign him and manly were happy to pay him overs at 175k...
6 months later his managment was holding a gun to manlys head demanding 500k..
My personal opinion was that if manly were willing to take a risk on a kid no body wanted, the kid shoulda atleast seen out the first year of that deal and try re negotiate the right way

And you think most sensible players dont behave the same way. This is no longer the park footie of Nick Yakich and Billy Bradstreet days. In those day you had a job and you played weekend footie...and got a little extra for your efforts before a crowded ground. These days Footie is your job and it requires a commitment and preparedness to sacrifice, that those old time players wouldnt have dreamed of having to do. This is their career, and if they are lucky they'll make a motza before their used by date when they reach about 35...if they are lucky enough not to be forced out by injury or just not being good enough.

These guys brutalise their body for our entertainment and they deserve every cent they earn. If you're not good enough you find another job, just as we all have to do. If DCE and his manager played hard ball to get the best deal, then he is one smart operator because by the time he reaches 35, its all over, unless he can secure a media role, top coaching spot or use their name for a few years in some company wanting to make a buck on his fame. Most dont get out with body intact and good prospects like Beaver did. Many end up drunks reminiscing in pubs about their golden days or get into illicit activities to maintain the lifestyle they had and is now gone.

If you lose respect for DCE because he demanded more, then Santa isnt likely to bring you presents at Christmas any longer. The dream ends

And you think most sensible players dont behave the same way. This is no longer the park footie of Nick Yakich and Billy Bradstreet days. In those day you had a job and you played weekend footie...and got a loittle extra for your efforts before a crowded ground. These days Footie is your job and it requires a commitment and preparedness to sacrifice, that those old time players wouldnt have dreamed of having to do. This is their career, and if they are lucky they'll make a motza before their used by date when they reach about 35...if they are lucky enough not to be forced out by injury or just not being good enough.

These guys brutalise their body for our entertainment and they deserve every cent they earn. If you're not good enough you find another job, just as we all have to do. If DCE and his manager played hard ball to get the best deal, then he is one smart operator because by the time he reaches 35, its all over, unless he can secure a media role, top coaching spot or use their name for a few years in some company wanting to make a buck on his fame. Most dont get out with body intact and good prospects like Beaver did. Many end up drunks reminiscing in pubs about their golden days or get into illicit activities to maintain the lifestyle they had and is now gone.

If you lose respect for DCE because he demanded more, then Santa isnt likely to bring you presents at Christmas any longer. The dream ends

Maybe its about having a bit of class.. A club gave him a contract when no other club would, and at above what other rookies got... To turn around a few months into that deal and threaten to walk because you had success (off the back of an already established successful team) its a disgrace...
The way his manager handled it was crap, but hey, if thats how u think business should be conducted then thats cool, not my problem

The myth of these pay cuts is just that. :nod:
Manly backended the clique's deals and Des left before the million dollar payouts became due :mad:
Choc had a 900k final year contract, when most top forwards were 300k.
Delaying monies can hardly be termed a sacrifice :shake:

Those senior players put their friends above the Team, just like Chez did - that's the nature of professional sport @:cool:

Maybe its about having a bit of class.. A club gave him a contract when no other club would, and at above what other rookies got... To turn around a few months into that deal and threaten to walk because you had success (off the back of an already established successful team) its a disgrace...
The way his manager handled it was crap, but hey, if thats how u think business should be conducted then thats cool, not my problem

So Foran, who played Manly along nicely until DCE was forced to sign elsewhere and then sign with Parra, the same guy we've been reading about with various personal issues that have placed him under questionable legal practises, has class, but DCE, who's been a clean skin throughout and was prepared to return to Manly (granted for a strong inducement but you would be stupid not to want something) and face the ongoing finger pointing from those who quite frankly live in glass houses themselves is without class. DCE has been classy in my opinion playing it openly and straight even if it meant chasing the dollar., not saying one thing and doing something else. I know who has the class here

So Foran, who played Manly along nicely until DCE was forced to sign elsewhere and then sign with Parra, the same guy we've been reading about with various personal issues that have placed him under questionable legal practises, has class, but DCE, who's been a clean skin throughout and was prepared to return to Manly (granted for a strong inducement but you would be stupid not to want something) and face the ongoing finger pointing from those who quite frankly live in glass houses themselves is without class. DCE has been classy in my opinion playing it openly and straight even if it meant chasing the dollar., not saying one thing and doing something else. I know who has the class here
Lol, be nice if we were arguing the same topic... Whats foran leaving and dce's forced from the club saga have to do with him holding a gun to the clubs head in 2012??? Fact is, in 2010 his manager shopped him around and no one wanted him...manly gave him a contract above what other rookies were on.. The CLUB wins a gf in 2011 and not even half way thru 2012 his manager and he threaten to walk out if hes not instantly upgraded to 500k... Thats classless pal, and has sweet f$@k all to do with the foran situation or the dce backflip of 2015

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8