• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

qldeagle

Bencher
But if your Man of the Match unbalances the team and wants a culture built around him rather than being a true senior player nurturing the likes of the young Turbos and Gutho then, for mine, he truly can bugger off. It's a team sport and observations of body language over all the years he's been with us, tell me he's not a team player. The player he's most often compared to as an example of building a team around is J. Thurston. Yet, if you watch Thurston in a game, he is a true leader and others really want to play for him. And still ... no premiership.
All that glitters ...
Agreed he looks very smug with all the media attention. He's loving this. I thought this from his body language when he was in the middle of the pitch telling 2v he was leaving. Great player........ But team player?

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
I'm over it now, I struggled for a while but now I'm over it
GetOverIt.jpg

wescliffy

Reserve Grader
Agree. I think we need a fresh start and rebuild. I love the fact Myles wants to be here, but he's no Ben Kennedy. Anyway, here is my team next season in an ideal world for mine.

Coach: Trent Barrett

01. Brett Stewart
02. Tom Trbojevic
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Todd Carney
08. Nate Myles
09. Matt Ballin
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Brenton Lawrence
15. Jake Trbojevic
16. Luke Burgess
17. Blake Leary

18. Ligi Sao

Everyone else...not sure anymore

I agree Good team ( if Chez goes), imagine if and I know it's not possible being able to fit Sam Burgess in there, that with a good run without injuries is another premiership !

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
That house DCE apparently bought May go to waste whether he goes or not..

From coast to coast

The Gold Coast came within a whisker of becoming the first Queensland-based club to shift a home game to Sydney.

Sin Bin can reveal Titans officials approached ANZ Stadium about the prospect of taking a recent home game to the Olympic venue due to the exorbitant hiring costs at Cbus Super Stadium. So prohibitive are the fees – reportedly up to $2 million a season – that the club is in danger of incurring a loss every time the gates are opened.

However, ANZ Stadium is prepared to guarantee clubs a six-figure sum regardless of the attendance figures or food and beverage sales.

The Titans viewed ANZ Stadium as a last resort, knowing they would squander any home-ground advantage. In the end they remained at Cbus, although whether they stay put will hinge on the outcome of negotiations with the various stakeholders, including Queensland Stadiums.

Titans chief executive Graham Annesley would not comment on the renegotiation of hiring fees but said the club had every intention of remaining in its heartland.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...court-on-driving-charges-20150523-gh801u.html

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
I find it interesting that some people want DCE gone as they only want people here that are passionate and will bleed for Manly, then in the same post say they want Toovey gone as well.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
If DCE is blameless and has nothing more to say, then why do a piece for Fox sports tonight to just keep flogging this dead horse about will he or wont he? If he had any smarts he would just keep his gob shut and that would be that.
The real issue with that is that Fox has a TPA with him, so he is contractually obligated.

XV-1

First Grader
Agree. I think we need a fresh start and rebuild. I love the fact Myles wants to be here, but he's no Ben Kennedy. Anyway, here is my team next season in an ideal world for mine.

Coach: Trent Barrett

01. Brett Stewart
02. Tom Trbojevic
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Todd Carney
08. Nate Myles
09. Matt Ballin
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Brenton Lawrence
15. Jake Trbojevic
16. Luke Burgess
17. Blake Leary

18. Ligi Sao

Everyone else...not sure anymore

Myles did not want to be at Manly next year. He wanted to be at the Gold Coast and captain. He had an option for next year
Gold Coast did not want him and refused to pay his asking price so virtually forced him out.

Manly is his next best choice.

What is the difference with DCE?

It is the Manly club, not DCE that should be copping the criticism for this mess. DCE would have been signed if the club kept their word.

It is clear that clubs do not buy into the one team attitude, why the hell should the individual players be held responsible to do so.

DCE gives 100% every game he plays. There are quite a few Manly players that seem not to.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
In the end they remained at Cbus, although whether they stay put will hinge on the outcome of negotiations with the various stakeholders, including Queensland Stadiums.

Titans chief executive Graham Annesley would not comment on the renegotiation of hiring fees but said the club had every intention of remaining in its heartland.
There's the problem right there. It's the Gold Coast , Cbus sounds a transit centre. They should change the name to Footy World or League Adventure Park or Daly Cherry Evans Land.

This all stems down to Manly deciding to go after Foran instead of Chez. So this is payback for hurting his feelings.
I disagree (dont like clicking disagree).
Have we not learnt anything from DCE? Its all about one thing. Money money money moneyyyy. All actions and words are geared towards extracting as much money as he can. I dont think he has hurt feelings. And if he did, those hurt feelings are made better by soothing them with wads of hundred dollar bills.

Mavin

Bencher
Have we not learnt anything from DCE? Its all about one thing. Money money money moneyyyy. All actions and words are geared towards extracting as much money as he can. I dont think he has hurt feelings. And if he did, those hurt feelings are made better by soothing them with wads of hundred dollar bills.

Why shouldn't he be all about the money? If it was me I can tell you I would be all about the money. If he can no longer play 2 a decent standard the club will not have any loyalty towards him and will dump the player every time (and blame the salary cap) so I'm with the players screw every dollar out of the clubs.

wescliffy

Reserve Grader
Yes and that's why he will wait till the last couple of days, like any of us would in a similar situation, if you could wait a couple of more weeks till a deadline and get an extra 100-200k in your pocket with no reason except to keep others happy (fans)
I'm see you would wait too, bit like putting your house on the market and selling to a
Offer on the first day.....

Hes entitled to be that way. Im not saying he shouldnt, I have no problem with it at all. Im just pointing it out. I get the feeling some people cant see that about him and its not being factored into their judgements of what is going on in this situation. This sitch is all about the cash baby, nothing more (which is why i think he'll stay if we match the offer)

Last edited:
  • 🤝
Reactions: Rex

Mavin

Bencher
Hes entitled to be that way. Im not saying he shouldnt. I have no problem with it. Im just pointing it out. I get the feeling people cant see that about him

I agree I have no problem him getting everything he wants (good luck 2 him) but be honest. Friday on channel 7 Manly have matched the titans offer (dce said) last night on fox I have no offer from Manly wtf.

1 of those statements is a lie

I agree I have no problem him getting everything he wants (good luck 2 him) but be honest. Friday on channel 7 Manly have matched the titans offer (dce said) last night on fox I have no offer from Manly wtf.

1 of those statements is a lie
lol i know and it doesnt add up, does it. But when you remember that its all a charade to squeeze the highest offer, lies and deceit become a part of the process and necessary (to DCE and his family)

Mavin

Bencher
lol i know and it doesnt add up, does it. But when you remember that its all a charade to squeeze the highest offer, lies and deceit become a part of the process and necessary (to DCE and his family)

I was disappointed fox didn't push him on those facts it's not like those 2 statements were months apart they were Friday and Saturday lol

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 26 15