THE CROKER POLL .. THE RESULT UPDATED!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do you think Croker will go at hooker?

• Will have a breakout year ... egg on some faces

• Will do an adequate tradesman's job

• Will perform poorly ..

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Silvertail's armchair sausage roll eating, mumbling assorted numbnuts and experts have spoken ...

Approx 62% of respondents believe Croker will get a satisfactory job done ... and 38% are predicting doom ...

NOW ... who in the name of Sam Thaiday is Jack Birt !!

Nah 6% reckon he’s going to be TNI!!

You know, I don't think anyone expects Croker to become our next Freddy Jones or Max Krilich or Mal Cochrane or Matty Ballin. But all we really ask is that he do his job and just not almost constantly stuff up like he did last year.

If he can do that, become a solid player from dummy half ... then I think most of us would probably be satisfied.

The Silvertail's armchair sausage roll eating, mumbling assorted numbnuts and experts have spoken ...

Approx 62% of respondents believe Croker will get a satisfactory job done ... and 38% are predicting doom ...

NOW ... who in the name of Sam Thaiday is Jack Birt !!
I resent that. I do get to the Hill to eat my sausage roll.

You know, I don't think anyone expects Croker to become our next Freddy Jones or Max Krilich or Mal Cochrane or Matty Ballin. But all we really ask is that he do his job and just not almost constantly stuff up like he did last year.

If he can do that, become a solid player from dummy half ... then I think most of us would probably be satisfied.

Exactly ... but here will be the difference between the pie eaters and the sausage roll eaters ... by which standard will they judge Croker's performance ... will they compare him to ScamSmith and Cook ... and say he failed .... or will they compare him to Levi ??

Realistically he is on about $150k to 200k a season ... I am expecting about a 3/400k a season performance from him ... not an $800k master class ..

Exactly ... but here will be the difference between the pie eaters and the sausage roll eaters ... by which standard will they judge Croker's performance ... will they compare him to ScamSmith and Cook ... and say he failed .... or will they compare him to Levi ??

Realistically he is on about $150k to 200k a season ... I am expecting about a 3/400k a season performance from him ... not an $800k master class ..

So long as they are Balfours pies and sausage rolls @;)

Will croker be playing the full 80? I doubt it. That means no Schuster on the bench and custard or new kid Brit will be back up. Looking forward to Brit and Schuster in the trial next weekend. I'll be getting kayo for the trial and 2 weeks free trial period to test it out. Hope i dont have to go back to fuxtel. 75 a month HaH! A-holes

Will croker be playing the full 80? I doubt it. That means no Schuster on the bench and custard or new kid Brit will be back up. Looking forward to Brit and Schuster in the trial next weekend. I'll be getting kayo for the trial and 2 weeks free trial period to test it out. Hope i dont have to go back to fuxtel. 75 a month HaH! A-holes
If Schuster doesn't make the 17 I'll eat my Manly members hat.

If Schuster doesn't make the 17 I'll eat my Manly members hat.
I dont have a hat but i have a scarf beanie jersey and jumper.. ill eat all 3 and my manly GF boxsets if he isnt in the 17.... i have a feeling we will be feasting on our beloved manly gear UNLESS! Desmond is planning to use Schuster as the 14 coming on to play 5/8th while the Foz goes to hooker. Then once Croker comes back on in the 2nd either foran or the Schu will goto bench and the other plays on as 5/8. Seems plausible.. much more then croker playing the 80. Maybe @Snake is in on the dessie smoke and mirrors and really Cust will be playing the hooker role and he's pulled a fast one on us.. hmmmm i love a good conspiracy

I dont have a hat but i have a scarf beanie jersey and jumper.. ill eat all 3 and my manly GF boxsets if he isnt in the 17.... i have a feeling we will be feasting on our beloved manly gear UNLESS! Desmond is planning to use Schuster as the 14 coming on to play 5/8th while the Foz goes to hooker. Then once Croker comes back on in the 2nd either foran or the Schu will goto bench and the other plays on as 5/8. Seems plausible.. much more then croker playing the 80. Maybe @Snake is in on the dessie smoke and mirrors and really Cust will be playing the hooker role and he's pulled a fast one on us.. hmmmm i love a good conspiracy
There are a lot of options for Schuster. Obviously 5/8th is the main choice, but he has played plenty of backrow as well and could be pretty devastating on an edge. He could slot in at 5/8th off the bench as you say; although, I've never been a fan of rotating halves during a game unless absolutely necessary.

I just cannot fathom Desmond leaving him out of the 17. Des may be stubborn at times, but he isn't stupid. He wants to win comps and he knows players like Schuster help win comps. He backed a young Foran and a youngish DCE back in the day and we have two premierships because of it. Schuster has even more potential and skill at the same age. I have been watching this kid for a few years now and his talent is immense. The other big advantage he has over other rookie halves is that he is a physical specimen and can certainly handle the physicality of first grade.

There are a lot of options for Schuster. Obviously 5/8th is the main choice, but he has played plenty of backrow as well and could be pretty devastating on an edge. He could slot in at 5/8th off the bench as you say; although, I've never been a fan of rotating halves during a game unless absolutely necessary.

I just cannot fathom Desmond leaving him out of the 17. Des may be stubborn at times, but he isn't stupid. He wants to win comps and he knows players like Schuster help win comps. He backed a young Foran and a youngish DCE back in the day and we have two premierships because of it. Schuster has even more potential and skill at the same age. I have been watching this kid for a few years now and his talent is immense. The other big advantage he has over other rookie halves is that he is a physical specimen and can certainly handle the physicality of first grade.
I hope he plays.. we'll have to wait and see what dessie does. All we can do is guess until rd.1

We all want him to play and more importantly to kill it when he does. I don't buy into the Benji Marshall endorsement as much as the quote of him saying this might suggest - his debut was admirable sure, but we still lost that game from memory after Schuster limped off with his injury.

The absolute must-avoid scenario is a Hoppa-esque ending where he leaves feeling opportunities are limited - heading straight to the Rooters nest I would imagine. Kid sounds pretty committed but the x-factor is the agents whisperings in his ear - does anyone know who his player/manager is? After what Shoe has been saying on his video interviews he has all but committed himself to Manly (been here since 14, don't want to play anywhere else), will the Manly coaching team become too complacent?

We're coming off a dismal season, every player is saying last year didn't meet expectations. Plenty of punters are writing Manly off (plenty more are saying they will be a top-8 smoky as well mind you), so not blooding Shoe really has no logic. Even if we lose games with him, we are performing as many expect us to.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but Schuster is like a pre-built Coliseum ready to be placed in the middle of town for everyone to admire.

Do it Des!!! Make this kid a mainstay, restore our faith that you aren't losing your marbles when it comes to selections!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6