The bulldogs player that quit…

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Of course Gould and Ciraldo have come out and said we are just setting standards however this is a serious issue.

No other club has players walking out of the club because they are being humiliated in front of the whole group and made to wrestle the whole group for being ten mins late.

this is 2023 not 1980. This could be a serious workplace issue for them.

They are the worst team in the comp. As I said above why do they need to raise the standards when they bought rep and premiership winners and reduced them to reserve graders. At the eels we never saw the rubbish games that mahoney plays now at the dogs. Or kikau at the panthers. This is on the coaches not the players. They were good players before they played under Gould and Ciraldo and now we are hearing this stuff about weird punishments. Let alone the culture Gould has built by lying to everyone and sacking so many players, staff and coaches.

This is a major issue. If I were the board at the dogs I would be getting Gould and Ciraldo out the door quick smart.

They were much better and they were also improving under Dean Pay.

Last edited:
I think Ciraldo is looking to be the next Urban Meyers. Trouble is, as we’ve seen over many years , what works for one footy code (College Gridiron) doesn’t work in the NRL.
But Netflixs Untold series called Swamp Kings, and Urban Meyers hard line stance had me wishing Seibold could take a cpl of the disciplinary processes onboard.
Fkn brutal.
Is Urban a country boy?

Of course Gould and Ciraldo have come out and said we are just setting standards however this is a serious issue.

No other club has players walking out of the club because they are being humiliated in front of the whole group and made to wrestle the whole group for being ten mins late.

They are the worst team in the comp. As I said above why do they need to raise the standards when they bought rep and premiership winners and reduced them to reserve graders. At the eels we never saw the rubbish games that mahoney plays now at the dogs. Or kikau at the panthers. This is on the coaches not the players. They were good players before they played under Gould and Ciraldo and now we are heading this stuff about weird punishments. Let alone the culture Gould has built by lying to everyone and sacking so many players, staff and coaches.

This is a major issue. If I were the board at the dogs I would be getting Gould and Ciraldo out the door quick smart.

I wonder how happy Chad is hanging around Belmore?

Did you see what I did there?

They are the worst team in the comp. As I said above why do they need to raise the standards when they bought rep and premiership winners and reduced them to reserve graders. At the eels we never saw the rubbish games that mahoney plays now at the dogs. Or kikau at the panthers. This is on the coaches not the players. They were good players before they played under Gould and Ciraldo and now we are heading this stuff about weird punishments. Let alone the culture Gould has built by lying to everyone and sacking so many players, staff and coaches.

It likely started even before Gould and Ciraldo came on board. A couple of years ago they bought a swag of players, notably including Vaughn, Dufty, and others Saints let go after the bbq debacle. Hard to imagine the effect on squad culture was even considered. Wouldn't help to sign wingers like Cotric and JAC on huge deals, a known problem child like TPJ on a massive deal.

Ciraldo no doubt is a smart new coach but he's lost at least part of the group, good luck fixing it. Maybe Laundy has distracted them all with his promises of post-career beer and skittles.

From reading The Kennel it seems many believe Raymond Fautolo-Mariner is the bad apple rocking the boat there.

Who knows but it certainly seems to be coming to a head now.

I think Gus knows what he’s doing - it will become very apparent (if it isn’t already) who the agitators are by players reacting like this in the media, so I expect more dramas to come as Gus flushes out the mole.

Did you see what I did there?
OIP.13Ers6ojkfan2Wg27AndVgHaHa.jpeg

And from what I understand (again courtesy of The Kennel), Braidon Burns was forced to train despite still recovering from a hamstring injury & worsened it, while it was Topine who was late to training & was forced to wrestle 12 of his teammates (which has increased to 30 in this latest article) & this all happened 5 weeks ago & he didn’t leave training upset, he applied for leave a week after the event & hasn’t trained since.

From reading The Kennel it seems many believe Raymond Fautolo-Mariner is the bad apple rocking the boat there.

Who knows but it certainly seems to be coming to a head now.

I think Gus knows what he’s doing - it will become very apparent (if it isn’t already) who the agitators are by players reacting like this in the media, so I expect more dramas to come as Gus flushes out the mole.
Wouldn't be surprised, he was named club captain this year....then talk that he's free to negotiate with other clubs despite signing a three year deal last year.

The Gus 10 year plan looks a longshot
Also his call about being patiant as the Dogs build within the club through juniors, yet seem to buy an entire squad from outside players.
Whatever works is fine, but let's keep it real on the reality side of things.
Agree..Watched 100% footy about 6wks ago and Gus said to the Bulldogs supporters on TV, It'll take at least 3yrs before the Bulldogs even reach the 8 let alone be in contention to win a premiership. I found that a strange comment to make after spending a huge amount on players this season. Gus went for the quick fix rather than thinking about a long term strategy ie; mix of up and coming jnrs with talented mid priced players. Meanwhile, Thompson wants out and will take less money to sign with Easts, TPJ going tactical, retires to take up boxing...yeah, whatever ..he'll be back at a top 8 club next season. The brooms been used that much at the doggies that the bristles are falling out.

It’s disgusting that gould and co are making comments like the player only complained once the week was over like oh well what we did couldn’t be that bad or like it is the players fault.

Imagine if you were a good worker and a good person and you were tens mins late and the boss humiliated you in front of everyone for thirty mins. You would not complain but stick it out for the day and the week and then when you had a chance to think about it on the weekend decide this is not the place for me and it’s not the correct way to be treated and decide not to return.

Gould , Ciraldo , etc are a disgrace. The player should take legal action against all of them.

It’s disgusting that gould and co are making comments like the player only complained once the week was over like oh well what we did couldn’t be that bad or like it is the players fault.

Imagine if you were a good worker and a good person and you were tens mins late and the boss humiliated you in front of everyone for thirty mins. You would not complain but stick it out for the day and the week and then when you had a chance to think about it on the weekend decide this is not the place for me and it’s not the correct way to be treated and decide not to return.

Gould , Ciraldo , etc are a disgrace. The player should take legal action against all of them.
That’s soft

Get there on time, or take your medicine if you cock up, and leave 15mins earlier and get yourself in order. If a wrestling session that would have been over in less than half an hour breaks you, you’re probably not up to the pressures of first grade

Remember watching the video of when Ridge arrived at Manly, he was put in the centre of a circle on his knees and 2 guys at once were taking turns at belting him, Toovey absolute gave it to him, from that the players learnt that Ridge had something inside him

Tallis was telling a story last night about how he had to go through the entire Brisbane squad one training session, it’s nothing new

Last edited:
That’s soft

Get there on time, or take your medicine if you cock up, and leave 15mins earlier and get yourself in order. If a wrestling session that would have been over in less than half an hour breaks you, you’re probably not up to the pressures of first grade

Remember watching the video of when Ridge arrived at Manly, he was put in the centre of a circle on his and 2 guys at once were taking turns at belting him, Toovey absolute gave it to him, from that the players learnt that Ridge had something inside him

Tallis was telling a story last night about how he had to go through the entire Brisbane squad one training session, it’s nothing new
It’s 2023… you can’t hurt anyone’s feelings or expect them to be held accountable…

You can only discuss the issue with HR present and must consider the player’s ‘personal circumstances’ prior to creating an action plan that aligns professional expectations with the player’s work/life balance needs…

I'd say Ciraldo is in trouble, ain't nothing the great Gus' fault! 5yr contract, from memory, but it'll have something hidden in there so Gus can cut him without a monster payout.
I'm wondering how long into next season that Gould announces that he's taking over training to take the pressure off Ciraldo, it's only a matter of weeks from then till they announce the signing of Ciraldo's replacement, it will be managed so as to lay as much of the blame on the coach as possible, Gould and his ways don't fit the modern game, it's clearly obvious every time he opens his gob in commentary, he believes he's some kind of guru but with every utterance he simply proves he's a man past his time

To be fair,if you’re going to build through the juniors,it’s not going to happen within the first couple of seasons of a re-build.So they’ve had to buy a few players in the interim until those young players come through.Say what you like about Gould,but he did start the re-build of the Panthers,with a bit of help of course
That's true, but comparing the Dogs' juniors to Panthers' juniors is like chalk and cheese

I'm wondering how long into next season that Gould announces that he's taking over training to take the pressure off Ciraldo, it's only a matter of weeks from then till they announce the signing of Ciraldo's replacement, it will be managed so as to lay as much of the blame on the coach as possible, Gould and his ways don't fit the modern game, it's clearly obvious every time he opens his gob in commentary, he believes he's some kind of guru but with every utterance he simply proves he's a man past his time
Yeah, Goulds lost his glitter, the ferals on the Kennel have all thrown in the towel on Gus and Crapldo looks like the work experience guy in the sheds. Bet they wish Des was still around, anyway makes for good entertainment watching them squirm.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10