The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Two basic elements i would expect to see of an attacking player at the age of 19yrs is youthful speed and sharp footwork, Albert has neither. Won't last long as a back-line player, already has some size(and i don't particular like his physical makeup) that will probably slow him down in the future as he packs on more weight.

Yeah i know you have to give young players time, along with seeing their attacking attributes in a team performing well to see what they can offer(hard to stand out in a squad all busted and struggling to perform) but i'm not all that fussed about Albert already.

Worth persisting with but $250K is about right.Long way from polished product yet,lot harder against adults,issue I see is that he was reported to have a bit of toe...not seeing that and don't know if he would be better at fullback.
Funa was great at fullback,got caught out once which led to a try but good under the ball,did not get pushed around,defended well,looks sharp and good footwork,lacks a yard of pace to be really good but doubt Albert is the answer...

Interesting how some on this site see players. The fantasy points scorers saw DCE as have a good game. They also saw Funa next best in the backline followed by Hopoate. Interesting about perceptions. Funa and Hopa are kids just started but they are being judged as experienced players with years under their belt. Funa looks sound. Hopa was tentative and no doubt being careful about those knees. Both did enough to suggest they'll get there. An offseason will see these kids become men. Today they were up against a well oiled side with pace to burn, many already experienced and ruthless. We have to start somewhere and given they had 10% less ball than the Storm and they had all their best players back, I think Manly held them well, despite the final blowout.

Hoppa no worse that Elliott or Jorge. Baptism of fire today. Apart from a few position errors Funa impressed me today. But our backline defence is really brittle. May as well give the young ones game time we can’t make the eight. Let’s build for next year. Time to give Schuster a shot at 5/8.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8