The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I dont take a lot of notice of what senior Hoppa says and this time its interesting that hes unhappy at his boy not getting a crack at Manly.

I think its important to put things into perspective. Albert is a very promising young player and Des has decided that obviously Tommy when hes fit and Brendan Elliot who did a fair job before his injury was his solution to full back.

The decision to allow him to go to the Warriors on loan was clearly made on the assumption that Tom would be back to replacce Brendan.

It would be nice to know the truth if young Hoppa will be a Sea Eagle next year or has he signed elsewhere? This is what we do not know and I think once the truth comes out we will have a better picture.

What does concern me about Hoppas words is that Des and the coaching staff are ignoring some of our younger players and sticking with tried and trusted fringe first graders. Des did that at the Dogs and it really bit him in the last 2 years there as coach.

Dessies hand is forced now, we have a glut of injuries and the finals are highly unlikely now. I do hope that there is at least communication with these young players who understand the process moving forward for their pathways to first grade.

What has really killed things this year is there is no minor grade football and these kids are not getting any match play hence Dessies reluctance to pick them.

I hope some cool heads can resolve this as we do not need a walk out of talented young players if they perceive that they are not getting a fair go from the coaching staff!

Said I was done but I’ll come back for one more

**** Manly says John.

The club who gave him his start and provided him with everything he did in football. The club who gave him a second chance and signed him after making the game into a laughing stock worldwide after he stuck his finger in a few arses. He managed to blow that opportunity too

The club who gave Will his start, and the club he didn’t even give a chance when he was finished with his god bothering, signing a big deal with the Eels before his foot was even out the door

The club who gave the real chip off the old block Jamil a second chance after he had a stint behind bars, and did all they could to get him an NRL start

The club who brought Albert through, supported him through 2 major injuries, offered him a new deal worth 250k. But apparently the club owe him more, as an 18 year old who hasn’t played footy for 2 years, he should be a walk up start for first grade, real primadonna stuff from the Hopoates

John, this club has pretty much given you and your family your lot in life, and without it, your biggest achievement in life would be keeping your imbecilic arse out of jail

** Manly John ? No, ** you. If we lose Albert, so be it, but if the club going forward has absolutely nothing to do with a family like the Hopoates, and builds around a family like the Trbojevic’s, I’ll take that happily

Over and out

Could not have said it any better. AMEN!

Generally in find papa Hopa a peanut but he right in this instance, why Albert not received a crack is a complete joke.
I did not watch last night had an enviable feeling we would get smacked Garrick pathetic at fullback as is Jorge while Suli simply a lazy slug.
Hasler needs to ****ing wake up, what we are seeing is the same **** that seen him shafted from dogs.

Generally in find papa Hopa a peanut but he right in this instance, why Albert not received a crack is a complete joke.

Hasler needs to *ing wake up, what we are seeing is the same * that seen him shafted from dogs.
Seeing that you must know exactly what is going on to make such a condemnation, please share it.

I did not watch last night had an enviable feeling we would get smacked Garrick pathetic at fullback as is Jorge while Suli simply a lazy slug.
Hasler needs to *ing wake up, what we are seeing is the same * that seen him shafted from dogs.

For the record Garrick didnt play fullback.

It was much worse......

Said I was done but I’ll come back for one more

**** Manly says John.

The club who gave him his start and provided him with everything he did in football. The club who gave him a second chance and signed him after making the game into a laughing stock worldwide after he stuck his finger in a few arses. He managed to blow that opportunity too

The club who gave Will his start, and the club he didn’t even give a chance when he was finished with his god bothering, signing a big deal with the Eels before his foot was even out the door

The club who gave the real chip off the old block Jamil a second chance after he had a stint behind bars, and did all they could to get him an NRL start

The club who brought Albert through, supported him through 2 major injuries, offered him a new deal worth 250k. But apparently the club owe him more, as an 18 year old who hasn’t played footy for 2 years, he should be a walk up start for first grade, real primadonna stuff from the Hopoates

John, this club has pretty much given you and your family your lot in life, and without it, your biggest achievement in life would be keeping your imbecilic arse out of jail

** Manly John ? No, ** you. If we lose Albert, so be it, but if the club going forward has absolutely nothing to do with a family like the Hopoates, and builds around a family like the Trbojevic’s, I’ll take that happily

Over and out
Great post Kiwi. I’d say one thing mate. Don’t waste your energy writing about the idiot Hopoates. They are not worth your time! Same goes for all on here who have posted similar around this lunatic and his seemingly apparent entitled offspring.

Nothing by Des justifies The loaning of Albert who ready to play for the Warrior and not the injury ravaged Eagles....NOTHING.
Team comes first, except for Des’s stubbornness

Des silence about his rational for not playing Albert is also unjustifiable.

I dont take a lot of notice of what senior Hoppa says and this time its interesting that hes unhappy at his boy not getting a crack at Manly.

I think its important to put things into perspective. Albert is a very promising young player and Des has decided that obviously Tommy when hes fit and Brendan Elliot who did a fair job before his injury was his solution to full back.

The decision to allow him to go to the Warriors on loan was clearly made on the assumption that Tom would be back to replacce Brendan.

It would be nice to know the truth if young Hoppa will be a Sea Eagle next year or has he signed elsewhere? This is what we do not know and I think once the truth comes out we will have a better picture.

What does concern me about Hoppas words is that Des and the coaching staff are ignoring some of our younger players and sticking with tried and trusted fringe first graders. Des did that at the Dogs and it really bit him in the last 2 years there as coach.

Dessies hand is forced now, we have a glut of injuries and the finals are highly unlikely now. I do hope that there is at least communication with these young players who understand the process moving forward for their pathways to first grade.

What has really killed things this year is there is no minor grade football and these kids are not getting any match play hence Dessies reluctance to pick them.

I hope some cool heads can resolve this as we do not need a walk out of talented young players if they perceive that they are not getting a fair go from the coaching staff!
Hopefully one of the league journalists will write an op-ed on this latest Jonald Hump rant, drilling down on exactly how much the club has helped out this feeble-minded man child and his family, over nearly three decades.

Hoppa snr Instagram page is now private.
Is he copping crap about his posts or has his vitriolic outbursts put the nail in his son's coffin for Manly.

Hopefully the nail goes into Fainu's coffin as well.

Here is one article to back that up:

And another:
Shame about haumoles brother.. if he is better than haumole he must be a beast

Hoppa snr Instagram page is now private.
Is he copping crap about his posts or has his vitriolic outbursts put the nail in his son's coffin for Manly.

Hopefully the nail goes into Fainu's coffin as well.
Yep. Let’s get rid of him too regardless of the outcome of his issues. So many great options out there

Plenty of blame to go around on both sides on this one I’ve no doubt.Bottom line in the end is that our club will have lost its best junior since Tommy and it’s been a total cluster**** of mismanagement from club and player with a total disregard for long suffering supporters in terms of transparency .. as usual.

And after everyone has stopped flapping around in disgust over a dickhead like Hoppa Snr and congratulating themselves in giving him and his family the finger the reality will set in for next season that it’s totally irrelevant whose fault it is now.

And that 2021 REALITY is

9 Levi
14 Croker

5 Tafua
4 Suli
3 Parker
2 Garrick

I can see both sides of the argument here but for the fans like us the above nightmare is the reality.Unless the selections week in week out were just a dream the above players are regarded by the coaching staff as our best backline. And they will all be here next year.

God help us

Last edited:
Why would Brandon Smith go to a cluster **** like us?
He will have half the comp chasing him. And he’s going to go to a team that is spiraling down the table ?
That is the other huge downside of all this rubbish playing out in full view of the public and the dismal slow football we are playing.Why would a top player want to come here ?I can’t think of one.

The Dogs were knocked back by every single player for three years until they grossly overpaid for Cotric after Des left with the club in tatters.

We plays dogs style football folks.

Last edited:
Yep. Let’s get rid of him too regardless of the outcome of his issues. So many great options out there

Plenty of blame to go around on both sides on this one I’ve no doubt.Bottom line in the end is that our club will have lost its best junior since Tommy and it’s been a total cluster**** of mismanagement from club and player with a total disregard in terms of transparancy for long suffering supporters.

And after everyone has stopped flapping around in disgust over a dickhead like Hoppa Snr and congratulating themselves in giving him and his family the finger the reality will set in for next season that it’s totally irrelevant whose fault it is now.

And that 2021 REALITY is

9 Levi
14 Croker

5 Tafua
4 Suli
3 Parker
2 Garrick

I can see both sides of the argument here but for the fans like us the above nightmare is the reality.Unless the selections week in week out were just a dream the above players are regarded by the coaching staff as our best backline.

God help us

Believe me those players in those positions dont instill any real confidence in me either.
But lets rewind a bit, up until Turbo got injured (again) we were actually doing ok, and still seen as a premiership threat by many.

Believe me those players in those positions dont instill any real confidence in me either.
But lets rewind a bit, up until Turbo got injured (again) we were actually doing ok, and still seen as a premiership threat by many.
Run a campaign on the fitness of one player with spaghetti hammies. Think we’ve tried that. It doesn’t end well.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8