The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My expectations for this year dropped substantially when we lost Api/Fainu.
I think a lot of people underestimate the impact that has had, along with Turbo.. thats where all our attack came from last year..
Completely agree, and especially in hindsight. I understand the likely reasons, and I'm just agreeing with Nordburg's observation that we were not doing that well even with Tom.

Well said with respect to children and their parents.

Being involved with quite a deal of young footballers (via their managers/management team), a fair amount of their parents tend to get well ahead of themselves during negotiations and at some point, become a hinderance to their own children.

Seasons as good as over now. If young Hoppas out at the end of the year why play him? Why not put Metcalfe in until Funa returns? Barring a miracle it’s too late to play finals. Mayb
Completely agree. I was quite surprised and genuinely concerned even early in the season. After last year's improvement I was so excited and looking forward to this year, but we were playing nothing like I was expecting.
i agree. Personally I chose to ignore it in the hope that the following week Would bring about a better performance, it didn’t happen. Then the raiders game occurred and frm there we know what’s happened. Look this year has been a disaster and now I just want it to go away. I’ll be on ticketek tomorrow to try get tix v storm. If nothing else maybe I’ll get to see young Hoppa debut.

Seasons as good as over now. If young Hoppas out at the end of the year why play him? Why not put Metcalfe in until Funa returns? Barring a miracle it’s too late to play finals. Mayb

i agree. Personally I chose to ignore it in the hope that the following week Would bring about a better performance, it didn’t happen. Then the raiders game occurred and frm there we know what’s happened. Look this year has been a disaster and now I just want it to go away. I’ll be on ticketek tomorrow to try get tix v storm. If nothing else maybe I’ll get to see young Hoppa debut.
Yep. Think I’ll punish myself and head North for the match. Weather been great lately so hopefully nice dry hard track.

I was exactly the same, Waz. I was trying to convince myself we were just a bit off with all the drama of losing Fainu under the circumstances, and that we would kick into gear at some stage (hoping it would be soon)...

Good luck I was at last nights match live I hope the boys actually decide to have a dig for you.

i probably have 3 opportunities to see us live again this year tigers at brookvale , dogs at ANZ and titans at brookvale again.

questioning whether I will go but will probably put myself through the pain again.

How long until John blasts the Warriors for not picking Albert ahead of RTS?
At least, he said this on his Instagram post

On Turbo.jpg

Good luck I was at last nights match live I hope the boys actually decide to have a dig for you.

i probably have 3 opportunities to see us live again this year tigers at brookvale , dogs at ANZ and titans at brookvale again.

questioning whether I will go but will probably put myself through the pain again.
Yep. I swore last night would do it for me for the year. But I’ll be on the road north I’m sure ..
BTW for anyone interested in going it’s a lovely ground to watch footy

No. Not at all. The club a week ago did not know he had signed anywhere. Has that changed in a week.? I don’t know.

My post was basically that all the angst being played out publically suggests he’s
likely to go.

Just a question for those bagging young Hoppa. How much do you think the kid has control over his lunatic old man? Ihave coached a lot of juniors and the amount of good kids who are embarrassed by their over zealous fathers is too hard to count. It’s a blight on junior sport.

Btw. I’d love to have Will on the books now. He ticks every box for whst we need re Tommy’s issues. Still a great player.
Maybe we should chase Will to keep Albert. Those 2 in our backline solves all our issues. Give Dogs Waddell and Gosie in return

We are obviously all speculating here - ill add my bit of speculation, Albert had already agreed/signed with the dogs weeks ago, and based on that info Des/Manly decided to loan him out as a 'punishment'.
If that was the case I think the media would be all over it ....it’s not the type of stuff you can keep quiet!

I have a feeling in four weeks that there are going to be some people feeling very sick about this regardless of whose fault it is... and even sicker when Tafua and Parker stroll out in round one next year
This kid will be a star... and Tafua and Parker will continue to play like reserve graders. That won’t change.

Mighty shame it ends like this. No one wins. Especially the fans. Just about over this season.
I hope your wrong. Want to see this kid hear next year. Still got faith in Faniu, hopefully NRL make an exception cause he is the best young hooker talent going around, will be better than API, Brandon, the lot imo.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8