The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Tom is back next week I’m happy enough with it. Ina normal year he’d be getting game time in NSW Cup. The alternative is for him not too play which doesn’t help his development. Also happy to help out the Warriors considering what they’ve given up.

****ing Sherlock Holmes in the house lol .I don’t look at nrl injury websites. Would not even know where to go.He had.a bit of a niggle at training apparently.Simple as that. Mitch asked on the site and I said exactly that. Nothing serious at all and I said that.I couldn’t give a toss mate. I post a few things on here that might add some value. Plenty I don’t post too for obvious reasons.

If you knew who I was speaking to you would stfu. The only relevant point is he has been basically fit as a fiddle for the last couple of months and isnt being picked (because your experienced lads are doing so well) . The reason is simple. Our club does not want to rush them.Some agree some dont. That’s a coaches perogative which I happen to disagree with which means nothing.

You seriously think I give a ** what a tosser like you thinks. You want to buy into all the bull** about Hoppa being a ****wit, not good enough , training badly etc knock yourself out .So far from the truth it ain’t funny.
That escalated quickly lol

Go to the top right of page, then down a bit. Where it says ‘Staff online’. It’s showing @Chip and Chase is on. You can click on his name and start a PM with him.
@Dan owns the site, but I think he’s busy laying pavers.
Nah mate was in bilpen and mt Tomah today with the kids, now drinking hillbilly cider

good question, that's a massive risk, but i would imagine that the end of 2020 off contract players would have to be fair game. (I wonder whether it would be illegal for two clubs to have a 'no poach' agreement if it has the effect of lessening competition??)
I dont know what the deal is, but if the present Assistant coach was heading off to be head coach of a rival team, and rumors were floating around they were looking at 3 players at minimum to head hunt from the team, I would be filthy if I was a coach, a CEO, a director and a supporter.
Deal or no deal it would be on ya bike mate.

Good point re the legality ?

He made his debut at 18 and was a regular member of the side just after he turned 19. Same age as Hoppa and Shuster.That was also in the era when young players were bashed, unlike now.
Having said that he was so good no one was going to keep him out for long. Pure natural footballer we won’t see the like of at Manly for a long time. If Hoppa or Shuster are anywhere near as good as him we are in for a treat.

Guess the big advantage in Stewart’s situation was having a reserve grade side for to come through and get a bit of a grounding first. Real shame in this situation that we don’t have that option for these young guys to get used to playing against bigger and harder bodies, and I suspect that is where Des would be extremely cautious with them at the moment too

For me, he probably doesn’t have the ceiling that these other guys do, but Funa really deserves his crack at it right now. Wasn’t expecting much, and it was a tough debut, but there is just something about him that to me shows he has a bit of natural ability in him and I’m happy to see him rewarded this week. A couple of standouts for me from him was his 1st game at centre he scored a try running a beautiful line, and the try where he threw a really nice last pass to get Taufua over as well

If I think back to how DCE was handled as well, Hodkinson was a pretty handy player, but DCE had more natural talent, and Des sent him to QLD Cup for a year to get him ready for NRL which gave him a very good base to enter first grade

Last edited:
Concerned like everyone with Des selections and not backing kids. I don’t know what’s going on, in his first term he picked kids Stewart boys, Matai, Foran, Dce, Jason king, choc, Matt ballin and others who did not make it Ashley Alberts, Chad Randall this won us titles. For some reason who become conservative, making the 8 this year with this same squad achieves nothing as we not in same league as storm and roosters for that to happen we needed to blood Hopoate and schuster. It’s just not that either blind Freddy can see Cust is a developing into good 6 yet Lachlan croker and Dylan walker seem better option or out wide it’s been pathetic rush in Jorge to start getting manhandled our every kick return set. Elliot a complete liability let’s try after try in after grubber Garrick ragdolled all the time. Our centres we are never going to be anything but a just top 8 side with Suli and Hank. How long does schuster wait or Ben turbo and Sione fainu
DCE actually debuted at the age of 22 in 2011.

This whole situation is ludicrous

the issue of most concern for me is that our coaching staff think brendan elliott and Taufua have done enough to justify getting continually picked at the expense of talented juniors. When we can tell if they are ready by giving them a go with our club rather than the two aforementioned spuds

Last edited:
Funny how the anti hoppa stuff appears today. Des is a dinosaur who is stuck in the past. Unfortunately we have gone from a dud coach to an old coach who hasn't changed with the game.
Can't wait for the exciting signing we will make this off season.
If this quote form the dogs forum indicates we may have our big offseason signing Foran

"The only news I have received is Foran is not happy with the 1 year offer.

Des is trying to bring Kieran back to Manly, but has to offload a couple of players. I have been told that Des has offered Dylan Walker to Barrett, to ease cap pressure off Manly.

Barrett has said NO to the offer, and has told Des AFB if he needs to ease cap pressure. Haven't heard anything since"

If this quote form the dogs forum indicates we may have our big offseason signing Foran

Des is trying to bring Kieran back to Manly, but has to offload a couple of players. I have been told that Des has offered Dylan Walker to Barrett, to ease cap pressure off Manly.

Barrett has said NO to the offer, and has told Des AFB if he needs to ease cap pressure. Haven't heard anything since"

Foran has spent more time on the sidelines than both Tom and Dylan over the past 5 years. If we are seriously considering signing him we are lunatics.

OMG I hope that is all wrong

Guess the big advantage in Stewart’s situation was having a reserve grade side for to come through and get a bit of a grounding first. Real shame in this situation that we don’t have that option for these young guys to get used to playing against bigger and harder bodies, and I suspect that is where Des would be extremely cautious with them at the moment too

For me, he probably doesn’t have the ceiling that these other guys do, but Funa really deserves his crack at it right now. Wasn’t expecting much, and it was a tough debut, but there is just something about him that to me shows he has a bit of natural ability in him and I’m happy to see him rewarded this week. A couple of standouts for me from him was his 1st game at centre he scored a try running a beautiful line, and the try where he threw a really nice last pass to get Taufua over as well

If I think back to how DCE was handled as well, Hodkinson was a pretty handy player, but DCE had more natural talent, and Des sent him to QLD Cup for a year to get him ready for NRL which gave him a very good base to enter first grade

I look at it differently. Des as he always has been is conservative. He picked Hodkinson and ignored DCE. no other team either wanted DCE so he played Qld cup.
Dog rapists came up with a big offer and Hodkinson left.
DCE then came in but he was never Des's first pick.

Des has form by picking the conservative option and being WRONG.

But I really really do not know why Des keeps picking Elliott - a player who is not going to be offered a deal in 2021 over than taking a punt on a young gun.

But we are happy to have him debut for the Warriors.

No wonder Hoppa wants to leave!!

12 pages in 24 hours tells me that this decision is more than controversial... I

I dont understand how Des the master coach hasn't been able to get 100% out of Hoppa at training... could it be because the quality kids in the squad are watching these dud backs get picked in front of them and then getting their hopes up after a loss only to watch Des rinse and repeat...

Over and over and over again... i mean if that doesn't motivate them, what will?

Bloody Hoppa...
Des the master coach—you post this with an air of mockery. He’s been in five grand finals and won two... Would love to see big brave Frankie boy wander into the sheds and tell the coach what he is and isn’t doing right.

Last edited:
Des the master coach—you post this with an air of mockery. He’s been in five grand finals and won two... Would love to see big brave Frankie boy wander into the sheds and tell the coach what he is and isn’t doing right.
Don't get so worked-up with posts here buddy. I would estimate 90% of posters know almost zero about what is entailed in coaching an NRL team. Everyone here acts on their emotions and the prime one is wanting their beloved team to succeed. The intricacies and machinations involved putting together a successful RL team are beyond almost anyone.

Most here post out of passion...knowledge is not a prerequisite of passion.

NOBODY here knows even the tiniest little bit about what goes on but most are passionate about our club and feel better if they vent.
Let the meaningless stuff slide buddy... which is basically ALL of it....you'll feel better.
Des is going to do what he is going to do and not 1 single post here will change that....and that's why we hired HIM, not someone else.

Wow lots of angry people.

Ever think maybe we dont want to end up like the broncos with a load of very talented juniors in a side with no form. The kid Tesi nue (apologies for the spelling) was supposed to be the great hope and what? Lasted 3 games and back to bench.

Thing is no matter how good hoppa is he's unlikely to win us games on his own back like turbo does. So perhaps instead of putting him and Schuster into a struggling side it makes more sense to play guys that you know are expendable. They might not be as good as the young superstars but do do a job.

How would this forum be if we dropped all these kids into FG and were loosing by 40 or 50 most matches? The place would burn down.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4