The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Guess that there is a vexed matter with any offer to young Hoppa in that how long in the present situation should the contract consist of , one season offer , two ? surely no longer then 2 . So can see the reasoning of giving him some game time at least from Manly "s perspective and to gauge whether this mooted 250 k offer should be revised . and especially also if more then one season would be part of the equation then . Whether he should have been in the Manly back line already still continues to be a separate matter , no doubt a coaching staff 's call , just hope that it has been based on some sound judgement . Will Manly be prepared to offer him more coin if he does make the transition O K ? , Probably but not overs for sure , as for other clubs , who knows .
Sure but Manly wanting him to play to see his wares is totally different to Payton actually dropping players for him to play. And as Payton is not coaching next year he hasn’t got much incentive to have a look at him in terms of poaching him.... much more incentive to reward actual Warriors guys.
Every chance he sits on the pine for 4 weeks I suppose.
Very strange.

I’d bet Peter O’Sullivan behind this.Seems only plausible explanation. He’s always been regarded as a recruiting guru at Storm and
roosters ( although dodgy) so he probably has told Payton they want to look at him before end of year and to pick him at some stage in regards to making an offer if he goes ok.

Last edited:
Sure but Manly wanting him to play to see his wares is totally different to Payton actually dropping players for him to play. And as Payton is not coaching next year he hasn’t got much incentive to have a look at him in terms of poaching him.... much more incentive to reward actual Warriors guys.
Every chance he sits on the pine for 4 weeks I suppose.
Very strange.
Have to assume that he will be at least on the bench in their 17 game day squad during the 4 week duration Just how much game time he may get could be an entirely different matter with the Warriiors improved form in recent times to take into account .but also then the injury factor with their current backs . Might get a start as a centre , Shame again there is no Black Town to have given him some actual match time this season and guess that has been the main reason for the present situation with him at Manly .

Yep. O’Sullivan announced it on social media I think. If he goes good it guarantees a bidding dual between them and dogs and given him an opportunity to meet the Warriors players etc...and get comfortable. Still cant see any upside if he plays well or struggles.If you want to look at him give him a crack in our side once we get knocked out of contention. Anyway it is what it is

Maybe the new trend of having a dead squirrell on the back of your head haircut ... is responsible for that ?
Not sure that's it!
Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 10.08.25 am.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 10.08.25 am.png

Interestingly the reason Gould doesn't want to coach again is because he says he can't understand the kids of today, can't get in their heads.

Is that really the reason though...

Why would he coach again if he can get paid more as a commentator / pundit / football director / player manager, all with better hours and much less responsibility and public scrutiny?

The weird thing for me is how would a couple of guys who are playing very well in a backline playing really good football despite unbelieveable obstacles ,which no team has ever had to endure , feel about being dumped for a loan player, even a highly hyped one like Hoppa.Their forwards have had plenty of injuries, pullouts etc so I understand the loan boys like Hethrington getting a crack straight away but this is strange.

These guys have given up families etc , play well in response ... and get tossed? Doesn’t seem like something Payton would do. As I said weird.

And if he’s just going there as cover then it’s even more weird.He can do that at Manly.
Yep warriors are trending up whilst we slide into recession... their backs actually can create space and opportunity because as Bozo loves to say - speed kills... our only fast player is Garrick and he is generally left with a 3m x 3m patch of grass to play in when he does get the ball in an 'attacking' position... and I use the work attacking rather generously...

Guess that there is a vexed matter with any offer to young Hoppa in that how long in the present situation should the contract consist of , one season offer , two ? surely no longer then 2 . So can see the reasoning of giving him some game time at least from Manly "s perspective and to gauge whether this mooted 250 k offer should be revised . and especially also if more then one season would be part of the equation then . Whether he should have been in the Manly back line already still continues to be a separate matter , no doubt a coaching staff 's call , just hope that it has been based on some sound judgement . Will Manly be prepared to offer him more coin if he does make the transition O K ? , Probably but not overs for sure , as for other clubs , who knows .
We wont be in a position to - we never are... when was the last player we managed to outbid for - DCE...Jake got overs maybe but only cause of Tom taking under the dogs offer... everyone else was either not wanted elsewhere or wanted out of somewhere (Marty)...
If he does play well then he is already over half way out the door because Des has already demonstrated quite bloody clearly that he has no faith in the kid...

We wont be in a position to - we never are... when was the last player we managed to outbid for - DCE...Jake got overs maybe but only cause of Tom taking under the dogs offer... everyone else was either not wanted elsewhere or wanted out of somewhere (Marty)...
If he does play well then he is already over half way out the door because Des has already demonstrated quite bloody clearly that he has no faith in the kid...
Have to take into account that he would be at least on a basic contract now , what say 150 k - 200 or so , what would Elliott be on , maybe 180 - 200 k So if Elliot leaves and he can produce some reasonable form at the Warriors , in theory at least Manly could offer him say 350 k and then it could get to the stage on what might be considered overs . Still have Garrick and Funa as longer term prospects as well and they would not be in the post 250 k or so bracket . if he measures up , show he has fully recovered from his previous injuries and is prepared to stay for the 300 - 350 k or so , good but would have to give some indication that he can offer something more capable then Garrick and Funa for instance to warrant some more serious coin

****ing Sherlock Holmes in the house lol .I don’t look at nrl injury websites. Would not even know where to go.He had.a bit of a niggle at training apparently.Simple as that. Mitch asked on the site and I said exactly that. Nothing serious at all and I said that.I couldn’t give a toss mate. I post a few things on here that might add some value. Plenty I don’t post too for obvious reasons.

If you knew who I was speaking to you would stfu. The only relevant point is he has been basically fit as a fiddle for the last couple of months and isnt being picked (because your experienced lads are doing so well) . The reason is simple. Our club does not want to rush them.Some agree some dont. That’s a coaches perogative which I happen to disagree with which means nothing.

You seriously think I give a ** what a tosser like you thinks. You want to buy into all the bull** about Hoppa being a ****wit, not good enough , training badly etc knock yourself out .So far from the truth it ain’t funny.
Awwww,need a tissue,sweetie?Most people who like to big note themselves about who and what the know are usually F.O.S. Yeah,don't think I will STFU,people you speak to are probably your kids....

Keep telling you numbnuts .... our back line is a victim of our playing style .. and our softly softly forwards ...
This is correct. We are not getting any momentum thought the middle. Then when we try to move it wide our attack is way too shallow. This means the defence is on top of our backs resulting in panicked passes, intercepts and rushed, ineffective kicks.

So none of the employees or coaching staff at Manly Warringah Football Club talk to anyone outside their group. Never involve themselves in conversations with people who have been around the club for years. They adopt a code of silence. No one at all ever knows anything that goes on in this secret society. Only if good old Smokin Joe knows is it credible.It’s a football club ffs. That’s all they do.. talk footy.

Sounds credible Sherlock.
Thanks for clearing it up for me
The only thing I have said is that I have been told the club has big wraps on Hoppa, is training well and is fit and available... sorry to offend you. It will come down to money as does basically every move in footy these days. Not exactly groundbreaking.

I thought you’d be too busy writing glowing reports about our current backline and the lack of need for youth as we stride towards another title to bother replying.

Last edited:
This is correct. We are not getting any momentum thought the middle. Then when we try to move it wide our attack is way too shallow. This means the defence is on top of our backs resulting in panicked passes, intercepts and rushed, ineffective kicks.

Funny you mention depth ... did you notice how deep Parra are getting in attack .... almost like back to the 70's ...

When the play the ball was on the 10m line ... the backline were spread all the way back to the 40m line .... looked great ...

Funny you mention depth ... did you notice how deep Parra are getting in attack .... almost like back to the 70's ...

When the play the ball was on the 10m line ... the backline were spread all the way back to the 40m line .... looked great ...
Yes, and it works. Even if you don't score you move the defence around more, opening opportunities on following plays. I think all the top teams are playing with more depth to a certain extent. Maybe defences are moving up quicker to try to counter the faster ruck. So teams have adjusted to give themselves more room. But I don't think we have.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4