The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hoppa is unfit at the moment and Funa has been playing FG for most of the of this season.
That is the only logical reason.
We are getting smashed every week because guys out constantly out of position. The tries that we conceded down our right side defence are testimony to that.

I think it's been outlined elsewhere. As I understand it, the concerns were around Hoppa's lack of match fitness. It made sense on that level to play him at centre. I hope we swap Funa and himself around at some stage in the next game or two. Perhaps he may need at least one more, possibly two games before we can shift him to FB with more confidence in his ability to meet the fitness demands of the position?
Yeah he won't be ready to play fb.. was gassed in the centres. May not be ready at all this year. Its taken latrell all season to get there

We are getting smashed every week because guys out constantly out of position. The tries that we conceded down our right side defence are testimony to that.
Maybe so but did you see how hard hoppa was blowing at center with 1/4 the work rate of FB .
It would have been a hell of a lot worse if he was at the back.
I know your frustrated but he simply doesn't have the legs at moment to do that he needs more game time

Maybe so but did you see how hard hoppa was blowing at center with 1/4 the work rate of FB .
It would have been a hell of a lot worse if he was at the back.
I know your frustrated but he simply doesn't have the legs at moment to do that he needs more game time
The whole backline was out of juice, constantly exposed by the pace of the drizzle backline. If they had been really on it would have been a lot worse than 30-6

I felt for him in the last 5 mins when Olam and Addo were 1:1 with Hoppa at centre and Parker on the wing. Parker was calling to Hoppa saying "he's yours" "he's yours" trying to get Hoppa to stay on his opposing centre. He ended up missing the tackle. It didn't end up in a try, but he was getting a bath out there.

All in all he will be the better for it though.

And yet again we had a disrupted backline due to injury during the game. Parker was in Garrick's position, jetski in parker's. It has happened every game for a few weeks.

So how do you explain the stellar performance of the Storm's debutant winger?
He was in the Sharks system & has played under 20's SOO for NSW.

There's been a few late season debutantes who've made an immediate impact, including Charlie Staines & Steven Marsters who scored an early try on debut for Souths against Manly last week. But they've all had senior football experience and haven't spent 2 years out of the game due to major injuries.

it’s a lot easier to shine when you are in a side that are in form and close to full strength.
Easier yeah, but he was underdone, wouldn't have helped Albert allot. However the posters on here probably would be less critical after a win which might've papered over the cracks we saw.

Clearly underdone, and Albert can now see what he has to do to compete in first grade.

The fitness levels, zero margin for error in defence, and the efficacy of his trademark big fend against actual first graders will have been an eye opener. Onwards and upwards from here.

I just read on Twitter that they were asking for double the amount of money that Manly had offered to pay for Albert. On Sunday’s performance he still has a long way to go before he reaches that level. It doesn’t mean to say he won’t get there in a year or two but at this moment in time he isn’t there yet.

Its a gamble. Asking for double is an ambit claim . Hopa's management is asking for more than they expect. They will accept less but not as low as Manly is presently offerin, is how I'm reading of the situation. There's a middle figure. Just depends on whether both parties can reach that medium point. The gamble is, will Albert be as good as is suggested. Its been reported time and again that he is potentially better than his father or Will. Its the sort of risk that all clubs must decide upon with youngsters considered potential game breakers. Ponga, Thurston, Tedesco, Gutherson etc. Mud on the face of the original club's recruitment strategists. But then again there are just as many who are flops. In my opinion take the risk with a 2- 3 year contract and pay more, but not greatly more, than presently offered. Its more than we are paying some pedestrian players so its not a great risk. If after 2-3 years he doesn't meet expectation, you let him go.

Its a gamble. Asking for double is an ambit claim . Hopa's management is asking for more than they expect. They will accept less but not as low as Manly is presently offerin, is how I'm reading of the situation. There's a middle figure. Just depends on whether both parties can reach that medium point. The gamble is, will Albert be as good as is suggested. Its been reported time and again that he is potentially better than his father or Will. Its the sort of risk that all clubs must decide upon with youngsters considered potential game breakers. Ponga, Thurston, Tedesco, Gutherson etc. Mud on the face of the original club's recruitment strategists. But then again there are just as many who are flops. In my opinion take the risk with a 2- 3 year contract and pay more, but not greatly more, than presently offered. Its more than we are paying some pedestrian players so its not a great risk. If after 2-3 years he doesn't meet expectation, you let him go.
And the 2 year career killer morman mission
Where does that fit?

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
Greed is a growing within the younger prospects and deals like the one that Ponga got are the cause. The dogs will throw big bucks at him and he will play with Will. This probably the better outcome for us as our cap is already imbalanced.

Albert Hopoate.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7