The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All these young guys that want to run to other desperate clubs for big bucks before they have proven themselves are not a big loss. Smart teams don’t pay overs for potential, especially when that potential comes with a lack of loyalty. Smart teams sign good players and turn them into great players. We have one of the only coaches that can actually do that so let’s trust him.
Yeah great idea. Do you watch the games we play?We have not signed a top tier player for years , have signed no one for next year , have no salary cap space, have got the worst slowest three quarter line in the comp and will in all likelihood be knocked out of contention this week.So who are the new talented guys our smart team are signing to turn into great players.Harper came over early for some reason and does not get a look in.

FFS we have a terrible backline and a slow team thst is regularly getting lapped and this great team can afford to get rid of top young talent with nothing to replace it.

Not sure what people are watching but we are an ordinary team under the new rules with or without Tom.You would think we were knocking on the door for top four.

It’s a joke if he goes.

Last edited:
So where is Hoppa going to play in this Warriors backline ?? Are they likely to drop any of the current backs for him ?? I can't see it, so probably just going there for a bit of depth coverage.

So where is Hoppa going to play in this Warriors backline ?? Are they likely to drop any of the current backs for him ?? I can't see it, so probably just going there for a bit of depth coverage.
Which is what he does at Manly. Not one of Elliot Parker Tafua or Garrick would get a run with them and we get him to sit on the pine over there.
The scary thing is we must think our outside backs are better than theirs so Hoppa will get a run Lol The same plodders who got owned last week by the Warriors backs.What the **** are thry looking at !

Hoppa will get a run only because they may see the talent he has. FMD who can look at our outside backs under the new rules and not be looking elsewhere.

Last edited:
Which is what he does at Manly. Not one of Elliot Parker Tafua or Garrick would get a run with them and we get him to sit on the pine over there.
The scary thing is we must think our outside backs are better than theirs lol to do this. What the **** are thry looking at !
I didn't say it made sense, but some are carrying on like he's going to stroll straight into RTS's No. 1 jumper next week. I'll be surprised if he gets a start unless there are injuries

I wasn’t having a go at you C and C. I agree with you. The point was we must think the plodders we have are better than their outside backs to do it. If he gets a run there he should be first picked for us . It’s lunacy
They are every chance to finish ahead of us this year despite their horrible schedule etc. FMD you’d think we were in the top 4.

I didn't say it made sense, but some are carrying on like he's going to stroll straight into RTS's No. 1 jumper next week. I'll be surprised if he gets a start unless there are injuries
Exactly. Both wingers have been good for them in the last month, and were again tonight. I can’t see Todd Payton dropping anyone after their performance tonight. It’ll have to come down to an injury for Hoppa to get a start imo.

This decision troubles me greatly. I fear that young Hoppa might not be with us in 2021. It makes absolutely no sense to loan him out when he should have been given a chance at full back or the wing at our club. I am concerned about the message it is sending to our other young players on the fringe.

These kids are our future and we cannot affort to fritter away talent like this who are dying for a chance to impress and are blocked by a coach who consistently shows loyalty to players who are more a liability than safe options. Invest in youth!!!! this is the reason for success of the top teams. We cant ignore this as a club!!!

Last edited:
I wasn’t having a go at you C and C. I agree with you. The point was we must think the plodders we have are better than their outside backs to do it. If he gets a run there he should be first picked for us . It’s lunacy
They are every chance to finish ahead of us this year despite their horrible schedule etc. FMD you’d think we were in the top 4.
Nor me you. I agree with you, it's crazy us loaning him to the Warriors given what he could possibly bring to our side. We've got nothing to lose by giving him a go over Elliot, Garrick, Parker or Jorge.

I'll take a guess that he is heading to the Warriors next year anyway. It was rumoured RTS is looking to go to union and Brown is rebuilding already.
If Warriors had pinched him under our noses, and nothing I’ve heard says they have , why would Des reward them with a player when we are going like busteds and may finish behind them.
Kick him out of the squad maybe but possibly give them a leg up to knock us closer to the spoon.That is crazy.

If Warriors had pinched him under our noses, and nothing I’ve heard says they have , why would Des reward them with a player when we are going like busteds and may finish behind them.
Kick him out of the squad maybe but possibly give them a leg up to knock us closer to the spoon.That is crazy.
I didn't insinuate he was pinched buddy, maybe he signed there or somewhere else already. Would explain why he hasn't had a shot with us. Who knows the machinations that go on with RL clubs.

I can see the merit in Hoppa getting a game in the 3/4 line for experience, still would have preferred him get a go at Manly and would add more than shown recently, but obviously not happening so wish him well on debut....most would support him to do well and come out confident after unlucky recent seasons.
Its going to get divided feels as there will be the odd Eagle fan from who knows where, confused that the coach is being picked on if ppl have a different opinion....
Some here may have an idea why the selections are being made, while others have about as much insight as someone from London....regardless, its good to respect all opinions.
The best outcome is Hoppa Jnr plays well and go's on to have a great career at Manly....otherwise could well be snapped up by the mighty Salmons ..,

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8