The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Where does he get a go at the Warriors? Only just pipped by Penrith. They’re playing good footy.

So he's either already agreed to another club for next year or if he kills it over the next few weeks then his asking price goes up. Looks like another lose, lose for Manly then.

Think you have worked it out Mick. BTW I have heard murmurs that Schuster manager is shopping Schuster around as well. As many have commented many of the fringe players are frustrated at not given their chance and looking elsewhere. Yet more youngsters chasing bucks and opportunities. Same happens every year at Manly.

Just on Hethrington - I heard it reported the decision not to play against the Panthers while on loan was his choice, not something that Penrith stipulated. He didn't want to play against his "teammates".

Remember, he is unsigned for next year

This makes zero sense
So if Hoppa's currently unsigned for next year, and Elliot hasn't been re-signed for next year, it begs the question of who Des has in mind as a backup for Turbo - because we'll certainly need a backup FB.

Interesting. I remember reading Des was angry when JWH signed with the Roosters in ‘09 or ‘10.
So, if he has signed wouldn’t they be onto this, ready to counter it?

Think you have worked it out Mick. BTW I have heard murmurs that Schuster manager is shopping Schuster around as well. As many have commented many of the fringe players are frustrated at not given their chance and looking elsewhere. Yet more youngsters chasing bucks and opportunities. Same happens every year at Manly.
He’s eighteen FFS! Never played against men. He’s around the first team at that age, in the top 30 never having played against grown adults. I think these ‘rumours’ are a crock... he was on record saying how pleased he was to sign two years with Manly what, five months ago?

why dont they loan ****ing Elliot or jorge Slowfua! Arrrrrrrrgh! This kid will debut a warrior now? ****ing wow Des ****ing wow.

Mate, I think even the Warriors might balk at taking either or both of those two ... even on loan.

The sad thing is that even Ben Farar was a better fullback than Elliot. And Farar was bog average at best. All Elliot offers back there is being safe under a bomb. His attacking game is an F compared to Turbo's A+ and the same for his defence. And as for Jorge? If the NSW Cup was playing in 2020 I wouldn't actually mind betting that he'd be on the wing for Blacktown more than he is for Manly right now. If Blacktown were playing, players like Hopoate, Funa, Schuster etc would be getting to show what they can do week in, week out in games when the pressure is on (as opposed to training which as we all know is totally different).

He’s eighteen FFS! Never played against men. He’s around the first team at that age, in the top 30 never having played against grown adults. I think these ‘rumours’ are a crock... he was on record saying how pleased he was to sign two years with Manly what, five months ago?

Yeah I’d be surprised and highly disappointed if that was the case. Re-signed in the off season as a member of the Top 30 at 18 years of age.

Truth is none of us know any true details on the inner workings of our roster.

So many questions in regards to hoppa especially. Has he already agreed a deal somewhere else? Is he going on his morman mission? WILL HIS knee hold up?

We can all go on like a silly salmon cursing the coach, the team and management but what do we really know. Nothing.

If this does end up working out for us I wouldn't be surprised if the plan is to drop the kid into a side with no expectations and very unlikely to play finals. Get him some fitness and recall him if he goes well.

All these young guys that want to run to other desperate clubs for big bucks before they have proven themselves are not a big loss. Smart teams don’t pay overs for potential, especially when that potential comes with a lack of loyalty. Smart teams sign good players and turn them into great players. We have one of the only coaches that can actually do that so let’s trust him.

All these young guys that want to run to other desperate clubs for big bucks before they have proven themselves are not a big loss. Smart teams don’t pay overs for potential, especially when that potential comes with a lack of loyalty. Smart teams sign good players and turn them into great players. We have one of the only coaches that can actually do that so let’s trust him.
1. He ain't running - hes being LOANED (with a history of ACLs)
2. If hes ready to play 1st grade than why is he not playing for us??? Not sure if you noticed but we have lost 5 of our last 7 and looked absolutely sh*te in plenty of those...
3. F*ck loyalty, I want to see accountability
4. I'm off to the fridge for another beer

This looks stupid from the outside, however it could be a completely different story if we actually know the inside facts. Knowing how clubs are with player contracts, I find it hard to believe that Des and Crusher would be stupid enough to loan an off contract, highly regarded potential star to another club without a few airtight guarantees. I am guessing (hoping) they have a solid contract in place for at least next year (Maybe he has signed an extension with us to allow this to happen) and you would expect there would also be a (no poaching) clause inserted in the loan contract. We might also get some salary cap credit's that we can use next year to upgrade our young blokes or go into the market. Plus Albert may get some much needed game time into his legs without the pressure of getting vilified by our fans and the media if we miss the eight and he has a couple of bad games.

If he has signed elsewhere as some are suggesting then there is no way Des would be loaning him out, why would you help opposition like that, makes no sense.

I just don't think Des & Crusher are stupid enough to do this without having every angle covered. If they haven't covered all the bases and we lose him and he becomes a star then this could be one of the dumbest moves ever made by a coach and retention team. I hope it's not.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8