The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There are two sides to this. All the anti Hoppa stuff would be fine if he was being kept out of the side by first graders.These guys in front of him have scored 9 TRIES between them ALl year. Four guys , 9 tries lol. 6 or seven individuals at other clubs have scored more.

That’s the point here. We have a dud backline with zero speed. That’s why people who have seen this kid play are worried. It’s not just him ; it’s the blokes in front of him.

Anyone who thinks the plodders going around on Sunday are the future has got rocks in their head. Cows get beat and we lose and season over more than a month out. Great ! So we ship a kid off for practise.

And I’ll bet London to a brick we will buy no one or if we do it will be for a **** load more than 250k if we do have money.

I put the question out there a while back. Who is the last young player Des signed at the Dogs or us that has gone on to be a top line first grader. ( other than Suli) All this stuff about players racing to Manly is absolute rubbish. Keep your gooduns. FMD how can people watch that backline and be happy to see the kid go.

Last edited:
Funny how the anti hoppa stuff appears today. Des is a dinosaur who is stuck in the past. Unfortunately we have gone from a dud coach to an old coach who hasn't changed with the game.
Can't wait for the exciting signing we will make this off season.

Ok. Hoppa jnr is good enuf to be offered 250k on potential.

This is a lot more than what Elliott is being paid, yet Hoppa is not good enough for first grade .

But he is good enough to be loaned to the Warriors to play first grade.

Are Manly hoping he gets injured again so they can say, told you so.
outside of that I can see no reason to loan him.

Either he is good enough or he is not for first grade. Why not have him find out by playing for Manly?

WTF!!

There are two sides to this. All the anti Hoppa stuff would be fine if he was being kept out of the side by first graders. That’s the point here. We have a dud backline with zero speed. That’s why people who have seen this kid play are worried. It’s not just him ; it’s the blokes in front of him.

Anyone who thinks the plodders going around on Sunday are the future has got rocks in their head. Cows get beat and we lose and season over more than a month out. Great ! So we ship a kid off for practise.
And I’ll bet London to a brick we will buy no one or if we do it will be for a **** load more than 250k.

I put the question out there a while back. Who is the last young player Des signed at the Dogs or us that has gone on to be a top line first grader. ( other than Suli) All this stuff about players racing to Manly is absolute rubbish. Keep your gooduns. FMD how can people watch that backline and be happy to see the kid go.

What if Des doesn't think he's ready & Hoppa is trying to force him to play him by refusing to cooperate in contract negotiations?

For the record I'm not "anti-hoppa" rather outlining some background for the benefit of others who like me, sit at home or at the ground and ask ourselves plenty of questions due to the dearth of information surrounding the Club.

He is entitled to do as he believes, as is the Club and he firmly believes in himself so there is nothing wrong with that.

The vacuum which exists during times like these when we see a talented player loaned out needs to be filled with content to help explain, perhaps, why the transaction occurred.

I have tried to post another, longer reply, regarding the Club itself however the system again, is preventing me from positing the content.

There are two sides to this. All the anti Hoppa stuff would be fine if he was being kept out of the side by first graders. That’s the point here. We have a dud backline with zero speed. That’s why people who have seen this kid play are worried. It’s not just him ; it’s the blokes in front of him.

And I’ll bet London to a brick we will buy no one or if we do it will be for a **** load more than 250k.

I have no idea if the poster is on the money or not.The main point he made was that his effort/attitude at training was average,if that is so no coach is going to put a kid into top grade who is not giving 100% at training(that sends a really poor message to the side that you don't have to give it all you have and you can be selected,you earn the right to play NRL).
The funny part is that people have bagged the crap out of Des as it is his fault without knowing the situation(yeah maybe he would be better than some of who we have now,but unless you are a coach hanging onto his job by a thread then maybe you do what Des has done?)
Maybe players are not rushing to Des as there is no cap space,but players are sure keen to stay and not just the average ones who are maybe not elite players.
I am not happy with the current backline and would like some changes,but it is obvious there are reasons that Des is not playing him and he is responsible for the whole squad,not just keeping a Hopoate happy.If the kid wants more money and Des is not sure if the kid is going to stay then why should he play him?Let him have a go at the warriors and as the poster alluded to(and I have no knowledge if he is on the money)we supposedly have the right to match the offer he may receive elsewhere.

Agreed Woodsie but as I suggested to AWDC it would be nice if someone got onto Silvertails or on their site and told the supporters. Of course supporters are going to get riled if they see a potential Gutherson issue again. Obviously this isn't, but transparency from the start would have stalled all that paranoia. You cant blame supporters if they are left with a vacuum of information. With all the trouble this club has been through, its quite reasonable to be a little nervy about how well things are being handled. In this instance the reasons make sense and no one is to blame...its just Albert testing the market, and that's fine.
I wonder if in the olden days lynch mobs used that excuse.."Sorry but we did not know all the information so you can't blame us,what were we supposed to do?"
Why would you blame the club for not blabbing sensitive info on an ongoing contract negotiation?"Yeah we think his attitiude to training is poor and so we want him to show us more before we offer him more money"

Funny how many think they know the situation and love to say so....
Yep, I frequent most teams forums during the week we play them. Teams that are winning all say the same thing. Teams that are losing all say the same thing. It's human nature and life as a rugby league fan.

12 pages in 24 hours tells me that this decision is more than controversial... I

I dont understand how Des the master coach hasn't been able to get 100% out of Hoppa at training... could it be because the quality kids in the squad are watching these dud backs get picked in front of them and then getting their hopes up after a loss only to watch Des rinse and repeat...

Over and over and over again... i mean if that doesn't motivate them, what will?

Bloody Hoppa...

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6