The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For anyone who isnt aware, username @AndWeDon'tCare in conjunction with the popcorn avatar, is a Sex Pistols reference.

"And we don't care..." is the last lyric in "Pretty Vacant" while the popcorn icon featured in the film "The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle" & was also used as a cover for their "Silly Thing" 7" single.

It also aligns nicely with the "Everyone hates Manly and we dont care" sentiment.
Theres no point in asking, you'll get no reply

Sounds like another Hopoate fiasco unfolding. Will has been Dog average, Jamil can't hold down a spot in that rabble Broncos and now Al thinks he's the next (Tom, Inglis, Teddy, Wombat, Changa) All rolled into one. Tell him he's dreaming. He's proved nothing yet.

Sounds like another Hopoate fiasco unfolding. Will has been Dog average, Jamil can't hold down a spot in that rabble Broncos and now Al thinks he's the next (Tom, Inglis, Teddy, Wombat, Changa) All rolled into one. Tell him he's dreaming. He's proved nothing yet.
I think Des knows that he won't set the world on fire at the warriors and might actually work in our favour when it comes to negotiations

Dear Andwedon'tcare ... I have taken the liberty of reproducing your reply here for the ease of those interested ... good summary of all the work and resources that goes into players these days .. thanks .

"I believe that amidst all the vitriol directed at the Club, our Coach and the support staff including non-coaching staff, it should be worth noting that the Club presented a welldocumented portfolio of every activity the Club has exhausted on supporting this young man (who to be fair has reciprocated through the junior system on many occasions), including mental development, physical development, injury management, rehabilitation, lifestyle support matters and one-on-one personal development. The support provided to the young man, includes a significant amount financially, however, more so, emotional-support when he suffered those injuries, was a combination of the Club’s duty of care at the time of each injury to do “such things” as well as their firm belief in his talent and ability, so it would be somewhat incongruous to suggest that they (the Club) now, during these negotiations, do not have a right to outline or proffer a programme TO THE player for the forthcoming contract period that he should consider and understand. His management team believe that exact document is not warranted “as it is in the past.” A previous post made by Scorpio is worth noting for the general “consensus” of those who work on the periphery at the Club is that they nurtured him through a multitude of matters and now seek that he, as an adult, understands the consequential impact, moving forward of that support. The act of negotiation is not confided to the presentation of a contract “across a table” followed by the words “sign here”; the Club has detailed its position, quite extensively so, along with making him understand their expectations of, as a player, a Club man, an “asset” if you will, to ensure that they are getting fair value for the next stage of the investment in him. A final point for all of us to consider, being match fit is not only confined to the physical condition of a player, it is a total state of mind, so our Coach may not believe he is “good enough” JUST YET, however, give him the game time, outside of our Club to see if, infact, the “grass is greener” on the other side. (P.S. In my earlier post, you will note that I made no comment as to the quantum of the initial offer provided by that particular club suffice to say it is not close to our offer but loaded with a significant amount of match-driven incentives (triggered by selection in the starting 17 only) which would put it well past our offer, significantly so, IF they were to continue on with their average number of wins per season)."

Agreed Woodsie but as I suggested to AWDC it would be nice if someone got onto Silvertails or on their site and told the supporters. Of course supporters are going to get riled if they see a potential Gutherson issue again. Obviously this isn't, but transparency from the start would have stalled all that paranoia. You cant blame supporters if they are left with a vacuum of information. With all the trouble this club has been through, its quite reasonable to be a little nervy about how well things are being handled. In this instance the reasons make sense and no one is to blame...its just Albert testing the market, and that's fine.

Agreed Woodsie but as I suggested to AWDC it would be nice if someone got onto Silvertails or on their site and told the supporters. Of course supporters are going to get riled if they see a potential Gutherson issue again. Obviously this isn't, but transparency from the start would have stalled all that paranoia. You cant blame supporters if they are left with a vacuum of information. With all the trouble this club has been through, its quite reasonable to be a little nervy about how well things are being handled. In this instance the reasons make sense and no one is to blame...its just Albert testing the market, and that's fine.
Unfortunately many professional sports clubs only see fans as a loyal cash cow.

Easy to blame the kid if I was him I would grab every dollar he could as it's obvious to anyone that Des is a journey man lover and youth get no love at our club (expect Schuster to leave next), as for us as a club we are embarrassing, is the club even going to announce that they have "loaned" him or they don't feel it's important to keep us informed? A simple tweet would suffice but even that's to much to expect from us.

2020 we are amateurs in the nrl when it comes to keeping supporters informed.

Love that providing a duty of care to an injured player is a bargaining chip...
The kid is greedy = we have limited cap space and
The kid is not mentally ready = take what we are offering or you dont play...
Oh well, we will see in time who was right I guess...
Bloody hoppa... must be his fault

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4