The best and worst defensive centres in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Someone called Kelly a stain on the jersey? Thats pretty worthy of the flog and wanker tag. And no some of the criticisms of Kelly are worthy but overly exaggerated, but some of the stupid arguments people make dumb as sh*t.
Yeah that was harsh because Kelly tries his hardest. So his commitment is never in question. But that "wanker" did apologise for those over the top comments. So I guess you're the only left here standing with his dictionary in his hand.;)

Last edited:
You can sing your praises whenever you like.

I'll sing Kelly's praise now for making the Emerging Blues squad. Great effort for a kid who had an up and down first season in the NRL. He gives his all for the Maroon and White and has to put up with constant crap even from our own supporters.

I wish him all the best and congratulate him.
We all wish him and all our players a much improved 2018 season .
By the way Batty did you know that singing releases two great health hormones endorphins and oxytocin ?
That's because singing makes us feel good . So keep singing feathered friend!!!
Now you got me singing too ;)
Hey Hey Hey, good old Eagle Rock's here to stay,
I'm just crazy 'bout the way we move,
Doin' the Eagle Rock.

Mate, there are always knives out for players ,coaches , ceo's, etc when the team is under the pump and its up to them to lift up their game and get people to put their knives away . That's the nature of the very competitive NRL beast where winning is everything . There is no loyalty or sentiment . Its all about the salary cap, sponsors, money and re$ults .

Wow, that is a very simple view. I suggest watching DCE'S press conferences where he talks about performance and execution, . He is all about the things he can controll, his performance not the scoreboard. If you go back listen to what he says think what is he not saying?. Never does he blame the bad calls because they are out of his controll. Modern sports psychology is miles away from "winning is everything" and the elite sportsmen are aswell.

No loyalty or sentiment?.... Have to say I've got it in truckloads for the Sea Eagles. Win lose or draw.... and especially for Sea Eagles juniors on the way up.

Or is that my North Sydney Bears mentality for all those years I never had anything to do with them...?
Dce is plenty loyal.

Dce is plenty loyal.
Have to agree with that assessment , Jamie Lyon also . Admittedly one qualification may be also that their families or partners must be relatively settled too but i am sure that there have been many Sea Eagle and other club players in recent times who for whatever reason have had some genuine loyalty to their respective clubs . Unfortunately sometimes N R L clubs can not or do not reciprocate .

No ones hates Kelly as a person . He is probably a nice guy . What passionate supporters don't like is turn style defence .
Jeez, Bozo, I didn't know that you thought he turnstile defence......

I'll sing Kelly's praise now for making the Emerging Blues squad. Great effort for a kid who had an up and down first season in the NRL. He gives his all for the Maroon and White and has to put up with constant crap even from our own supporters.

By the way Batty did you know that singing releases two great health hormones endorphins and oxytocin ?
Doin' the Eagle Rock.
Wow, that is a very simple view. I suggest watching DCE'S press conferences where he talks about performance and execution, . He is all about the things he can controll, his performance not the scoreboard. If you go back listen to what he says think what is he not saying?. Never does he blame the bad calls because they are out of his controll. Modern sports psychology is miles away from "winning is everything" and the elite sportsmen are aswell.
Nice theory of yours but the reality of the brutal modern day NRL is that if the team does not win the coach gets the sack and if the players don't perform there is a thing called the BIG spring clean out at the end of the season .
We will a agree to disagree
spring1-1024x909.jpg

Jeez, Bozo, I didn't know that you thought he turnstile defence......
That's the spirit Wombat64 ( who was one of my favourite all time greats ) That's what we need in this forum . Some good sense of humour . We all can get a bit too serious on this forum

No loyalty or sentiment?.... Have to say I've got it in truckloads for the Sea Eagles. Win lose or draw.... and especially for Sea Eagles juniors on the way up.

Or is that my North Sydney Bears mentality for all those years I never had anything to do with them...?
I agree mate . The only loyal people in modern sport are the fans

I believe young Kelly will be depositing large amounts of egg on some faces by seasons end. The interesting thing will be how the Brian Kelly haters perform their about face. Will it be quick as a flash as though the opinions regarding his footballing ability never even occurred? Or prolonged and premeditated while they wait to pounce on any error or missed tackle? Time will tell, as it always does.

Doin' the Eagle Rock.

Nice theory of yours but the reality of the brutal modern day NRL is that if the team does not win the coach gets the sack and if the players don't perform there is a thing called the BIG spring clean out at the end of the season .
We will a agree to disagree
View attachment 7307
Newsflash: 15 teams lose every year.

I believe young Kelly will be depositing large amounts of egg on some faces by seasons end. The interesting thing will be how the Brian Kelly haters perform their about face. Will it be quick as a flash as though the opinions regarding his footballing ability never even occurred? Or prolonged and premeditated while they wait to pounce on any error or missed tackle? Time will tell, as it always does.
I love this quote by the mortal Bozo:
We need an X factor in the centers with Dylan . Everyone knows what Jono Wright can do and that is very little . Mathew Wright has not been fit to play in any of the trials , so the most logical choice is the fit and ready X factor Kelly .

Newsflash: 15 teams lose every year.
Newsflash : The Manly Sea eagles are the most successful team in the modern era and their supporters are not used to their team losing .
Great players make great teams and Every body loves a winner
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!
imagesW8VQMH2V.jpg

Newsflash : The Manly Sea eagles are the most successful team in the modern era and their supporters are not used to their team losing .
Great players make great teams and Every body loves a winner
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!
View attachment 7311
You must have found it pretty tough going during the regretful Northern Eagles two seasons BOZO . i certainly did and especially during the second season . It was certainly a great credit and achievement that the Manly club were able to win two premierships within ten years of being reestablished again in 2002 . Winning isn't everything of course but for the Sea Eagles , yeah , it is something that has often seemed second nature in their culture , to set good and high standards [ and to recover quickly when they have occasionally been down ] and to be successful [ and nothing wrong with that outlook ] .

You must have found it pretty tough going during the regretful Northern Eagles two seasons BOZO . i certainly did and especially during the second season . It was certainly a great credit and achievement that the Manly club were able to win two premierships within ten years of being reestablished again in 2002 . Winning isn't everything of course but for the Sea Eagles , yeah , it is something that has often seemed second nature in their culture , to set good and high standards [ and to recover quickly when they have occasionally been down ] and to be successful [ and nothing wrong with that outlook ] .
There is always a positive about everything and the positive thing to me about the Northern Eagles was the take over of the bears club and to see former bears players playing with an Eagle on their chest .,The Northern Eagles was never a merger it was a fcking complete take over . Unlike Souths and Norths , Newtown etc the bustards could not kick us out of the comp because like Great Eagles that we are we clawed our way back in and back to being the successful team once again
untitled.png

I disagree with you there feathered friend and Ill explain why ......
True supporters don't sit back waiting to pounce on any error or missed tackles by any of their players . True supporters want to see the teams strongest 17 on the field so they can devour the opposition. True supporters don't hate any player . They just don't like losing .
NRL+Rd+16+Dragons+v+Sea+Eagles+kqiOxeyGC__x.jpg

I disagree with you there feathered friend and Ill explain why ......
True supporters don't sit back waiting to pounce on any error or missed tackles by any of their players . True supporters want to see the teams strongest 17 on the field so they can devour the opposition. True supporters don't hate any player . They just don't like losing .
View attachment 7315
I disagree because we saw a number of people pounce on every error Kelly made this year once they established they didnt like him. Unfortunately we cant have every player coming from an origin team and be 700k plus.

I disagree because we saw a number of people pounce on every error Kelly made this year once they established they didnt like him. Unfortunately we cant have every player coming from an origin team and be 700k plus.
That's fine mate . In life you will learn that every one sees things differently and this forum is all about expressing what we see and when we see players not up to standard we post accordingly .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8