The Ashes 2019 in Eng.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was going to post this last night* but I had a feeling Marsh could grab a few

*Of course not. I, like every Australian, felt he was a waste of a spot...watch him go out and get a 100 now

Did everyone see his interview ? Pretty good attitude and well spoken. I've warmed to him a bit more after listening to that. He's only doing what we've all dreamed about doing, so good on him. Hope he gets his Michelle tonight and gets a few runs

Did everyone see his interview ? Pretty good attitude and well spoken. I've warmed to him a bit more after listening to that. He's only doing what we've all dreamed about doing, so good on him. Hope he gets his Michelle tonight and gets a few runs

Well he did get a well deserved 5-for, and then got out for 17 playing an unnecessary shot. It's the Marsh rocks and diamonds that we are all used too.

Though with our openers averaging just south of SFA, one can't be too judgemental.

at 7-166 maybe I'll join the chorus of people wondering why we chose to field first.

8-191

yay 200!

Lyon's having a slog, I think I'll tune in!

*archer gets lyon with a slower ball yorker*

Me: turns off 'cause I'm a jinx

A great catch by Burns brings Australia's innings to a close at 225. Archer 6 wickets.

Smith with 80. I'm no expert but a pretty poor effort from all but two of the batsmen in this innings.

Lyon third top scorer with 25. *sigh* Not a bad batting pitch by all accounts.

Can attest that MM is a really nice fella. When the Aussie squad was up here a few years back before the Bangladesh tour, along with a few others (Hazelwood Smith and Lyon), he could not have been more generous with his time. Often hanging around after sessions to spend additional time with the kids.

Stating the obvious I know, but without Steve Smith, this would have been one of the most disastrous tours in living memory, yet we are still coming home with the urn.

Stating the obvious I know, but without Steve Smith, this would have been one of the most disastrous tours in living memory, yet we are still coming home with the urn.
100% - It's been Smith vs England. Our bowlers have been good, but the batting has been diabolical.

Eng lead by about 360 on day three (which is pretty bad by australia) .

A shame sides can declare or I'd suggest aust don't try to get the last 4 wickets!

We've scored our highest opening partnership of the series.................of 18.

Warner and Harris gone again to Broad. It's ridiculously predictable

Smith looks out of touch. No seriously. Not hitting it as clean as he has been. I'm revising my original predicted Smith score of 244 down to 222.

Ugh 5-194
Smith 23

Our openers are terrible at the moment. This must be the worst series ever for Australian openers? Surely for an ashes but maybe all time?

Wade is having a swing and is on 60 odd. But at the time of typing, 30 overs and 1 day to go.

Wade gets a century! Nice one.

Though the next over he survives a missed stumping chance and is dropped at first slip so I hope he gets his head back into it very quickly.

6-243.

He seems to have gone 'yay a century now I can start swinging' but no, you can't!!!! (as he just smashes a boundary).

Bugger cummings is out.

The umpire then gives wade out but he reviews. Replay shows he didn't hit the ball, it just turned a hell of a lot.

It's nice actually having a review in hand for these decisions!

153 to get, 3 wickets to go.

siddle is swinging hard at (almost) everything. I'm not sure that is a good tactic for a long term stay, but it's up to wade to sort that out I guess.

He's 10 from 12.
Wade: 116

Aust need: 141

Last edited:
Wade gone:

so long and thanks for all the fish!

I swear I think stumping is the stupidest way to get out (esp in these situations).

It's all over.

Last 3 wickets in 12 balls.

Just grab that urn and head on home guys.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7