The Ashes 2019 in Eng.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Looks like warner is happy for smith to score all the runs. Another duck. Aust 4-50

Steve Smith on 71 from 79 deliveries - and obviously another planet.

Aust 4-129

lead by 325

Smith out for 82.

You could tell he was starting to hit out.

As usual, the wicket fell when I was away from the tv. Incredible.

He was scoring pretty quickly without going the slog though.

-------------------------------------------------------

Lol, Eng waste a review for a caught behind from a bouncer, but the replays show it was high enough to be called a wide, so it was. No reviews left.

Commentators are saying they are just reviewing to waste some time.

Paine responds by hoisting a surprise declaration flag with one ball to go in the over.

So Aust lead by 382 and will get...I dunno, 8-10 overs of bowling in tonight.

Probably more like 6 if you take into account how many times the English batsmen's shoelaces will come untied this evening.

Last edited:
WICKET!

third delivery

Burns out!

--------------------------------------

WICKET!

4th delivery

Root bowled by cummings!

Eng 2 for none! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! woohoo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hat-trick ball, and denied with a good defensive block by Roy. Apparently no Aussie has taken a hat-trick in an ashes series in Eng.

Last edited:
It always feels a bit sus when they go for a review and it takes ages and ages to bring the ball tracking up.

Just had an lbw review denied.

Apparently hazlewood can get a ball to turn 40 cms sideways in the space of 10cms lengthwise. Warnie would be proud!

Aust need two wickets in failing light.

Time to bowl one billion bouncers.

Oops, Cummings just does a nice length ball as I typed it.

I don't think Aust have taken the new ball yet.

Some top shelf time wasting now in play by eng. (I'm sure all teams would do it)

cummings - 4 bouncers in a row. 1 hits leach on the helmet, allows him to clean his glasses)

You can feel the pressure actually building on Aust here. Getting mouthy, getting frustrated.

Need to take the new ball soon I'd have thought.

max 20 overs to go. Crowd right into the game (obv)

Last edited:
Some leadership would be nice.

bouncer, bouncer, bouncer, bouncer, length, bouncer

no wicket

repeat with old ball.

Now I'm frustrated. don't want to win the ashes boys? ffs.

Labuschagne to bowl.

Crazy, desperate, or genius?

GENIUS! Labuschagne gets leach caught at short leg!

Hazelwood to Overton.... Out lbw and that's the ashes!

Overton reviews but it's 3 reds on the tv, and what a great rear guard action he employed. Almost got Eng home.

But

Woohoo! Thank you Steve Smith!

Hopefully Aust win (or draw) the last match as Aust haven't won a series in Eng for 18 years.

(wow I didn't think it was that long).

Last edited:
Great win. We should have won last test but strangely our bowlers were off a little. However the bowling attack was back to its best this test, deserved winners. Our batting outside of Smith looks positively shaky, except, maybe Labuschagne, so we need to get some fresh blood in there putting pressure on some of these older heads like Usman and Warner. Paine won't last past the end of our summer is suspect, once Smith's captaincy ban expires he'll take the reins again for sure won't he and Paine will retire ? Bowling stocks are probably best in world cricket at the moment in terms of a group.

Great win, looking forward to making it 3-1 at The Oval -

Not bad for a team that the Eng papers (and a few ex players) claimed were done, dusted, mentally shot, can't win the ashes, broken, etc after Leeds.

Of course that doesn't mean the Eng team thought so.

I didn't know that about Smith and the captaincy. That'll be interesting when the time comes up. Maybe Paine will step down or Smith wont want it back if his batting is still top notch. Plus Paine has captained a victorious ashes team in England, something Smith hasn't done (I think).

Things that make you go hmmmm... Mitch Marsh.......
So selectors have gone with the same 12 with the exception of Marsh for Head.
Warner obviously lucky to survive and is still there on reputation.
I would not have been surprised if the selectors had of gone with 4 seamers ( Hazelwood, Starc, Pattinson and Siddle) and rested Cummins and Lyon. Anyway I guess not.
Will Siddle come into the 11 for Pat?

Things that make you go hmmmm... Mitch Marsh.......
So selectors have gone with the same 12 with the exception of Marsh for Head.
Warner obviously lucky to survive and is still there on reputation.
I would not have been surprised if the selectors had of gone with 4 seamers ( Hazelwood, Starc, Pattinson and Siddle) and rested Cummins and Lyon. Anyway I guess not.
Will Siddle come into the 11 for Pat?
Unbelievable that Marsh gets a shot. We have rotated bowlers through the 4 tests with the exception of Cummins, so its not like they should be worn out. I'd rest Cummins and bring in P Siddy. Lyon has a cut on his spinning finger apparently which gave him grief in Manchester, so maybe they are going to go with the 4th seamer and pat time spin of Labuschagne and Smith and give Gazza a rest. That is the only scenario that I would play Marsh. If Lyon plays then it's a joke that Head makes may for Marsh. Travis has been pretty consistent in his career to date and is the current vice captain - that really sends a message to your leadership group. I hope for the selectors sake he is injured or has some reason for not wanting to play, because if they are dropping people based on performance Warner should be first in the crosshairs. I bet if you asked Head, you can open the batting or be dropped, take your pick....what do you think he would do ?? All he would need to do is hit one off the square and he is already up on Warners last two test efforts.

Eng 6-199.

Looks like the call to field was an alright one. A few dropped catches in there as well as the ole 'out lbw but on a no ball' caper.

Buttler 2 sixes off two balls.

Then trying a ramp shot, unsuccessfully.

Now Eng are 8 down, I hope it's not a bouncer-a-thon

n-e-way 8-242

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8