The Ashes 2019 in Eng.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I see Ussie has been given the heave ho - fair enough too he struggles with sideways movement off the deck. Patto been rotated out - so either Starc or P Siddy to come in. Wade needs some runs otherwise the temptation to play Marsh at the Oval may be too great. Anderson gone for the season though, so that's a positive for us. Smith back for us so really it's all about whether he fires or not.

The shame about Ussie is that he says that he has felt really good batting. Maybe the selectors think that if that is him going well, they can't afford him to go bad!

Most of the press has been about how archer is going to do this that and the other, and Aust has lost the ashes, and eng will grind aust down, etc but I wonder: One player batted an amazing innings and got Eng out of an almost improbably hole but it wasn't as if it was a thumping. All the cries are about Eng being on top like they've smashed us.

I just feel it's not going to be some easy walk over for them. After suffering through all the press, I hope it's one for Aust.

Eng: Woakes replaced by overton.

Good to see Starc in. Have no doubt the Poms would prefer to face Pattinson. I would have Cummins Starc and Hazelwood.

Team (Aust)

Australia 1 David Warner, 2 Marcus Harris, 3 Marnus Labuschagne, 4 Steve Smith, 5 Travis Head, 6 Matthew Wade, 7 Tim Paine (capt/wk), 8 Pat Cummins, 9 Mitchell Starc, 10 Josh Hazlewood, 11 Nathan Lyon.

If Usman was dropped for lack of runs, he may be feeling a bit aggrieved seeing warner repeatedly picked for doing sfa innings after innings.

Usman

Seems to be doing better.

Warner in a big hole and broad dining out on the Aussie left handers.

The smith show grinds on, he is just a machine. Amazing he has gone back to the top of the icc rankings after 12 months out of the game. Watching him this series it’s like he has relished the lack of pressure from not being captain and it’s like he has said to himself stuff it I’m just going to be my eccentric self and make the most of this second chance. He’s just in this zone at the moment that the poms can’t shake him from, the only person who looks likely to get him out is himself with some rash shot. Finally gets over his nervous 140’s rut he has been in

I really hope starc has a good test, if he doesn’t fire I think it will put a dent in his confidence after been left out of the first 3 tests

7-387

Smith is on 186. I would love him to get a double after having to listen to how Archer is going to destroy him. Hopefully the last few batsmen can hang around. 400 would be nice as well.

Stokes strained his side and couldn't finish an over 'earlier on', and Overton is obviously bowling to a plan against smith, and that plan is to bowl about 60 cms outside of offstump. It seems very negative, unless he's trying to draw smith over then throw one on the leg stump, I dunno.

edit: It's crap bowling anyway from Overton. Surely bug bad tough awesome england are brave enough to do better.

Last edited:
Smith goes for 211 doing a tired reverse sweep.

The cheers and standing ovation is much louder than the totally classless ****s that are booing. Get ejected if you say a bad word to Archer, but can boo and chant cheat all day long if you're a pom.

8-439. Had a 50 partnership with starc who just clubbed 4 fours in a row.

Probably some swinging coming up now.

The totally ineffectual Archer is back to try and wrap up the tail and provide some column inches to the pommie rags.

First ball 128k, medium pace.

Warne just said that both times Smith got a double century, he was out playing a reverse sweep, bowled by root.

Starc gets his 50!

---------------------

50 partnership up from Starc and Lyon

-------------------------------

Australia declares at 8 - 497!

Last edited:
fml

walked away from the tv and a wicket falls. Why does this always happen to me!

lol

eng 1-10 denly gone

Stumps!

Eng 1-23.

Back to non ranting now.

Last edited:
Highly enjoyable cricket

I know it has been said by many before but smith is just unbelievable to watch

Rain delay ..... was looking forward to some pommy wickets to ease the pain of that horrible performance tonight

If Starc wants more tests maybe he should realise we don't all love his 2 balls in the zone, 4 balls all over the place approach just because "he is fast".

Man, don't you just love it when a nick goes between the keeper and first slip and neither of them move?

Me neither

looks like aust are about to waste a review. Probably as a knee jerk reaction to neither Paine and warner going for that catch last over or so ago.

Outside the line and missing off. fmd - STOP PANICKING

I need a team with a strong leader to follow this weekend, lol.

wolfpack play tomorrow at least.

It worked! I went away from the coverage and England lose 3 wickets! Great partnership with root and burns though.

Just flicked through the final 2 hours, so many chances missed !!

The bowling for that last partnership was abysmal, the 11 faced 17 balls probably only 1 ball that would have hit the timber and no desire to attack his outside edge, was all look how short and fast I can bowl

The singles Stokes got off the last ball of the over were either poorly bowled or poorly planned and far too easy

A stat from today's play...

The ball was 40 overs old. It wasn’t doing much. Nor was the pitch. Nor was Lyon. If anything, Australia’s seamers had fallen for old traps, forsworn this series. In three hours, they bowled only 13 balls that would have hit the stumps.

fmd. How quickly McGrath seems to be forgotten.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cri...wreaked-havoc-on-england-20190907-p52owm.html

You don't have to hit the stumps to take wickets, that's been proven plenty already this series against this pommy line up.

Starc is struggling, if it ain't swinging he ain't doing anything.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10