The 2015 Top 8 and the Spoon, pick yours now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Firstly doesn't have to be in order of 1 to 8, just which teams you think will make the 8.

Also, your biggest improver and the opposite of this your biggest slider AND your Wooden Spooner

And I'll start,

I think the Top 8 will be relatively the same in 2015 as it was at the end of 2014, so in no particular order Manly / Rabbits / Roosters / Penrith / Cowboys / Bulldogs / Broncos & the new addition, the Eels.

Dropping out of the 8 will be the Storm and coming in will be Parramatta, and so the Storm is my big slider, I think the "big 3" are at the end of their dominance , and Parramatta (especially if they add Watmough) will be the biggest improver.

The Storm will not go down without a fight, but perhaps like the Eels this year will pull up just a point or so short of the mark.

Its hard not to see the Sharks at the bottom again but I think they'll hopefully have the drugs deal over by then and so I predict the Titans might take that mantle up and get the Spoon in 2015.

As to our position in the 8, too far out and too many potential changes in personnel to pick this early, if we get a mass exodus then even making the 8 will be an issue, but I'm confident that's not going to happen and I reckon we will be in the bottom half of the 8 in 2015.

Over to you

Souths, Roosters, Cows, Manly, Bulldogs, Panthers, Storm, Broncos.
Biggest movers Broncos. Wooden Spoon St George. Same 8 as this year with positional changes inside the 8.

I agree that Illawarra will be the Spooners for 2015, from the Faders.
I think the 'Riff may win the minor premiership, from Souffs and the Boncos. The Worriers must get into the eight this year - surely. They have so much young talent.
The big improvers will be the Sharks; they have a good roster and surely can't have such a terrible run of bad luck again.
I think we'll scrape into the eight.

Top 8, no particular order - Manly, Roosters, Panthers, Parra, Canterbury, Souths, Cowboys, Knights.
Spoon - Dragons
Big Improvers - Parra and Knights. parra may sneak a top 4 spot, Knighst will win half their games so will probably make the 8.
Sliders - Souths. They will finish 4th-8th, no Sam Burgess or Teo and we've all seen how hard it is for teams to be consistent the following year after winning the comp.

I think the big improvers will be the Tigers. This year they showed some glimpses of being a serious top 8 team, only to be derailed by instability at the club.

The Tigers have a team which is young, but now have 1 more year of experience for Brooks, Sironen, Tedesco etc. I'm not saying they'll challenge for the title, but I think Jason Taylor will do similar to what he did with the rabbits in 07 when he took them into a creditable 7th.

Manly will run about 3rd or 4th next year.
The rest of the 8 will be about the same. Agree with Mark - Eels in, Storm out.
Wooden spoon: Titans

Top 8 in no particular order:

Broncos, Eels, Bulldogs, Panthers, Roosters, Rabbits, Tigers and Cowboys.

Edit- Spoon: Raiders

Top 8: Manly, Roosters, Rabbits, Bulldogs, Parra, Penrith, Broncos, Cowboys

Spoon: Titans
Improvers: Parra & Tigers (Tigers to just miss the 8)
Sliders: Storm
Manly: 5 or 6th

1. Panthers
2. Dogs
3. Vermin
4. Cows
5. Rorters
6. Broncos
7. Warriors
8. Eels

9. Tigers
10. Storm
11. Knights
12. Manly
13. Sharks
14. Dragons
15. Titans
Spoon Raiders

Final next season will be between the Roosters and Souths
So my 8 are
Roosters, Rabbits, Panthers, Cowboys, Broncos, Eels, Storm, Tigers ( Manly just missing out ) Dragons Gooooooooooone Wooden spoon

1. Broncos
2. Penrith
3. Manly
4. Cows
5. South's
6. Bulldogs
7. Eels
8. Sharks

9. Warriors
10. Storm
11. Roosters
12. Tigers
13. Titans
14. Dragons
15. Knights
16. Raiders

Our last 7 games we scored 114 and had 170 against. One of the worst records of any team at the end of the season and it will flow into next year. Our defense totally went to sht from rd 21 onwards.

We never do well in the mid decade years.

bones said:

Spoon: sharks

Bones....any particular reason why you don't think Manly can make the top 8 ?

Otherwise, same as Mark Eels to replace Storm but sharks for the spoon.

bones said:
Andrew.. said:
bones said:

Spoon: sharks

Bones....any particular reason why you don't think Manly can make the top 8 ?

Otherwise, same as Mark Eels to replace Storm but sharks for the spoon.

Yes

Would you care to elaborate or are you just happy to collect likes.

Wow, what is the fascination with the donkeys. Bennett proved last season that he is more than capable of coaching a bottom 8 team. The donkeys are an unhappy lot with a weaker and older forward pack than last year. Milford is as over rated a player as I've seen, Hodges hamstring won't go the distance, Barba is a shell of a player and if they get darius I will seriously piss myself laughing.

They will finish about the same position in 2015 as they did in 2014.

Tigers will be the big improvers for sure

Tedesco, Nofoaluma, Simona, Moses, Brooks, Sironon, Lodge and Woods is a seriously good young framework for a team, through in Farah and Galloway and you are not far off a top 4 team

I'm predicting 5th-6th

Once they clear out Blair, Moltzen and Halutua etc and completement the above with a quality edge and middle backrower then they will be a premiership force

We will be Top 4, Storm will slide slightly

Warriors as always will be a wildcard

Knights, Dragons, Raiders and Sharks to struggle

Disco said:
Tigers will be the big improvers for sure

Tedesco, Nofoaluma, Simona, Moses, Brooks, Sironon, Lodge and Woods is a seriously good young framework for a team, through in Farah and Galloway and you are not far off a top 4 team

I'm predicting 5th-6th

Once they clear out Blair, Moltzen and Halutua etc and completement the above with a quality edge and middle backrower then they will be a premiership force

We will be Top 4, Storm will slide slightly

Warriors as always will be a wildcard

Knights, Dragons, Raiders and Sharks to struggle

In Red Above, breaking news, Watmough to the tigpies!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6