The 17th team & it’s affect on the player market

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But they are not going to be called Redcliffe tho right? I assume it will be something like Moreton Bay Dolphins and they will wear the red and white Redcliffe colors. Just a guess.
Moreton Bay Dolphins
Sun State Dolphins
River City Dolphins
Sunshine State Dolphins
North Brisbane Dolphins

are the names being tossed around. I believe they're putting it to a vote to their members.

Chez and Munster will be 2 of the Dolphins first Marquee signings with Chez the inaugural Captain.

Moreton Bay Dolphins
Sun State Dolphins
River City Dolphins
Sunshine State Dolphins
North Brisbane Dolphins

are the names being tossed around. I believe they're putting it to a vote to their members.
What is the Reason they Cant keep the Redcliff name? i dont understand why they shouldn't be allowed to.

But they are not going to be called Redcliffe tho right? I assume it will be something like Moreton Bay Dolphins and they will wear the red and white Redcliffe colors. Just a guess.
Yeah hate it

Yep and just keep them as Redcliffe Dolphins
Just out of curiosity are there any clubs in the league that started as a grassroots club like Redcliffe. For example could you say play for Manly from under 5s. Most clubs are like rep clubs for the district/area right?

He will and is revered at Redcliffe and while this will be the Moreton Bay Dolphins.... really it will always be the Redcliffe Dolphins and he is a Redcliffe junior and loved on the Peninsula
Realize that D C E has a strong Redcliffe connection but thought that Crusher Cleal recruited him when he was playing for Brisbane Wests in some lower grade comp . 2022 - 2023 could be very serious premiership opportunities for Manly so not sure that D C E would be that keen on relocating for that reason alone . plus not sure if any new Brisbane franchise could offer him any more money then he is currently on at Manly and the relocation and family disruption issue . Anyway time will tell but can "t really see D C E leaving Manly early on present indications . Did you ever play with one of D C E "s uncle "s , Cam Cherry, the burly red headed prop and Reddy junior , played against him when he had a brief stint in the local Mackay comp . , good hard running prop .

Another team will mean more younger players opportunities. There is heaps of talent out there and the younger stars that have come through over recent years is amazing. Not every kid with talent makes it but that has been the case since the year dot. I find it funny how one lack of success in Albert H is used as a mast to hoist the flag of lets keeping kids waiting until they are older particularly when we have had a number of successes with young players since. Brisbane's failure has been a good thing for the game because it meant the NRL could no longer remain in what was a comfort zone. Whilst the Queenslander love getting most of the Friday night games they wont watch the Donkeys get flogged each week and will stop tuning in. I hope the NRL try to achieve a structure that sees all teams having a chance to be seriously competitive rather than the social classes that presently exist with a handful of upper class (wealthy and influential) clubs, middle class clubs and the rest. That is a poor and short term business model. They won't achieve it with the currently shambles that is called a salary cap. The point system advocated by mark from brisbane on this forum makes sense and would provide transparency. But it appears that transparency like consistency is overrated by those that make the decisions.

As to the who I don’t know but what I reckon they’ll do is this.

1) they’ll target 1 or 2 high profile Queenslanders with huge dollars to jump ship and become the captain / co captains.

2) they’ll then target a number of journeymen type players at the end of their careers but still offering something and to help teach the kids.

3) they’ll then target the best they can recruit Queensland younger players ( the Drizzle will really be pissed ).

They’ll know that the first thing they need to do is build the fan base and the hearts of the Brisbane fans , they won’t be finishing top 8 or winning a competition quickly so the first years are about building the brand.

Which is why those couple at the top are so important.

Just out of curiosity are there any clubs in the league that started as a grassroots club like Redcliffe. For example could you say play for Manly from under 5s. Most clubs are like rep clubs for the district/area right?
Yes I think the NSWRL clubs were all district based, so there were junior suburban teams under them.

I think one key is Bennett , like Bellamy there will be a lot of players interested in being coached by him.

All that said if i was them I would make DCE my no1 target.

Will offer plenty on the park and is great from a sponsor point of view as well

If I was them I’d throw everything but the kitchen sink , he’d be absolutely perfect for them.

Hopefully Jamie Humphrey's is ready to take over by then.

If I was them I’d throw everything but the kitchen sink , he’d be absolutely perfect for them.
The only thing holding him back would be if we had a heart break over the next couple of years re a premiership (and the chance to win it)

If we get one then I would think he is ore likely to go etc

The only thing holding him back would be if we had a heart break over the next couple of years re a premiership (and the chance to win it)

If we get one then I would think he is ore likely to go etc
Yes but they’d want him for their inaugural year , that would be the benefit for them not a year later.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8