The 17th team & it’s affect on the player market

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why unless it is for $? Lifestyle wise with a young family he is northern beaches solid
Just think he is a Redcliffe boy - I gather Troy his Dad and the wider family are all still in and around Redcliffe. I just see it as being the "perfect" closure to his career being the original Captain of the NRL side - his junior club. I think the lure and the dollars will be too good.... especially if we have a young half ready to step in and that is the only tangle in the web at the moment - we dont!

Just think he is a Redcliffe boy - I gather Troy his Dad and the wider family are all still in and around Redcliffe. I just see it as being the "perfect" closure to his career being the original Captain of the NRL side - his junior club. I think the lure and the dollars will be too good.... especially if we have a young half ready to step in and that is the only tangle in the web at the moment - we dont!
Will agree to disagree

I see a 32 year old who has been in our system since 2008 - the majority of his adult life really. I get he has family there but with 3 daughters it is not as easy to pick up and leave unless it is a perm move

Will agree to disagree

I see a 32 year old who has been in our system since 2008 - the majority of his adult life really. I get he has family there but with 3 daughters it is not as easy to pick up and leave unless it is a perm move
just giving my view mate. I know the family well... haven't been close to them for a number of years and used to play footy with his Dad Troy but yes I just think the pull of playing for and being captain of the inaugral Redcliffe side - his junior club will be massive.

I say good luck souths Bennett will eat them alive for us. For us main threat is around Dce, could cust step up not sure really.
Schuster the only other one to worry given his pedigree and contract length

Which we don't really have Cust really has been given the keys and young Humpries is no where near ready

Seeing as all non first grade players have played next to no football for 2 years we are gonna see some very green players being called upon to play NRL with the talent pool being stretched even further. Hopefully all grades get in a full season in 2022.

When the league has expanded before the new clubs were given the right to negotiate with contracted players. Can't remember exactly how this works but pretty sure players were allowed out of their contracts if they were joining a new franchise. Existing clubs were allowed to nominate a few players that were off the table. Gonna be interesting if the NRL handle it differently this time around. Thank god Tommy is Manly through and through.

If we were allowed to nominate 3 players that were off the table who would you pick?

Exactly , it will happen in my opinion.

2024 I’d say.

One of the biggest effect will be the FEAR of losing a player/players to the start-up. Clubs will be locking in players who they feel are their most important going forward. Expect long contracts being offered to young guns whether they were thinking of going or not. This was one of the main drivers in the locking in of Haas.

Exactly , it will happen in my opinion.

2024 I’d say.
I would imagine they would want DCE signed up well before the '23 pre-season starts if he is a chance to go there. His presence would be invaluable in recruitment etc, etc, etc. Will be interesting to see what happens and I would have no hard feeling toward him if he left a year early.

I would imagine they would want DCE signed up well before the '23 pre-season starts if he is a chance to go there. His presence would be invaluable in recruitment etc, etc, etc. Will be interesting to see what happens and I would have no hard feeling toward him if he left a year early.
Me neither , in fact would be a great swan song for him in some ways.

Isn't the 17th team starting in 23? Maybe I am wrong and have no idea - that wont be the first time lol.
This is the headline from todays article in the Daily Telegraph. V'landys will make sure expansion happens in 2023.
NRL expansion: Peter V’landys confirms new Brisbane team for 2023, Firehawks call out Dolphins favouritism. Brisbane will have a second team in 2023 — but Firehawks bid chief Shane Richardson fears it may not be a fair fight, with Redcliffe in the box seat.
Peter Badel and Brent Read
October 7, 2021 - 5:14PM

If it’s the dolphins that’s good because they are a real football club, unlike the two consortia who are both fake like the broncos and storm. Much better to bring in a real club.
But they are not going to be called Redcliffe tho right? I assume it will be something like Moreton Bay Dolphins and they will wear the red and white Redcliffe colors. Just a guess.

This is the headline from todays article in the Daily Telegraph. V'landys will make sure expansion happens in 2023.
NRL expansion: Peter V’landys confirms new Brisbane team for 2023, Firehawks call out Dolphins favouritism. Brisbane will have a second team in 2023 — but Firehawks bid chief Shane Richardson fears it may not be a fair fight, with Redcliffe in the box seat.
Peter Badel and Brent Read
October 7, 2021 - 5:14PM

Yes can't see DCE going in 2024 - he will want to be the inaugural captain if he goes I think

I’m not sure, he has married a northern beaches girl, will have 3 kids in school, he’s our captain, and has been here since he was 15.
Agree and whether we like it or not l don’t see the Qld love for Chez that they’ll need for a marquee player.
Bloody hell, half this place don’t like him.
For some reason ( maybe the Titans fiasco) he’s not revered up there like he should be.
He’s made it clear that he’d like to get into coaching when he’s finished, surely his future is here post playing days.

Munster will be their target and the Storm will help him get there.

Agree and whether we like it or not l don’t see the Qld love for Chez that they’ll need for a marquee player.
Bloody hell, half this place don’t like him.
For some reason ( maybe the Titans fiasco) he’s not revered up there like he should be.
He’s made it clear that he’d like to get into coaching when he’s finished, surely his future is here post playing days.

Munster will be their target and the Storm will help him get there.
He will and is revered at Redcliffe and while this will be the Moreton Bay Dolphins.... really it will always be the Redcliffe Dolphins and he is a Redcliffe junior and loved on the Peninsula

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8