Terrible use of the bench

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Can we agree Paseka needs to be on the bench ? Next week:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brendan Elliott
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Corey Waddell
17. Jack Gosweiski

Would be my team next week. We need to lift. We are currently .500 on the season. Lose again, we are Barrett territory again.
Elgey no way. Suli in for Elliot. Olakauatu or TRex on the bench. Gojetski out

Fainu was probably left so late because they were giving his nose as long as possible to heal. You saw the way he started spurting blood when he was introduced. Why was perrit on the bench at all. Are we that desperate for fit players?

I disagree. We were doing well through the middle both our starting forwards were immense. Our halves just couldn't capitalise. The Panthers had weaknesses there to exploit but they couldn't get the ball to the right places at the right time. Kicking game was lacklustre and they generally lacked direction and punch. Walker needed better ball against Yeo but he never got it. We need a simple game plan utilising the momentum we can generate in the middle but the halves failed at that. What this game tells me is that neither of them had the game awareness to direct the team.
So, you are happy that we go 65 minutes without being able to put one point on the scoreboard?
We have two big, impact front rowers on the bench and yet you persist with the same forwards?
The match was gone. We hadn't shown any spark.
And you are happy that one forward gets 15 minutes and makes a huge impact. And the other doesn't even get on?
You are blinded by DESpicable's aura. He is not always right. Tonight he blundered. No matter what anyone thinks of Perrett we'd reached desperation point after 50 minutes and something had to change.
I can only imagine how the Forum would have reacted to that game plan had Barrett been coach.

Fainu was probably left so late because they were giving his nose as long as possible to heal. You saw the way he started spurting blood when he was introduced. Why was perrit on the bench at all. Are we that desperate for fit players?
Yes

Can we agree Paseka needs to be on the bench ? Next week:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brendan Elliott
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Corey Waddell
17. Jack Gosweiski

Would be my team next week. We need to lift. We are currently .500 on the season. Lose again, we are Barrett territory again.

LG....really?

Game wasn't lost because of the bench. Elgey and cust have shown us why there both reserve graders. Pathetic kicking game all night..
Absolutely agree on Elgey, 110%. Believ Cust had good kicks (except that one that went dead), although just didn’t take ownership of the kicking duties. He simply didn’t kick enough and left us with the horrible sight of watching Elgey botch any advantage we’d gained with the set of six. Cust will work well with dce. Elgey just killed his career in 3 weeks (Broncos, Titans, Panthers), where he showed he only plays well when he can hide behind the work of an organising halfback. Without one he is terribly exposed

DESpicable has the media duped. There was not one question in the media conference about his "use" of the bench.
He seems to be immune from criticism.

Agreed terrible use of the bench. Fainu needed to be on in the 1st half same with paseka he was good hes a big human being no need to keep afb on for so long or marty. Perrett not used at all. Api didn't return dessie stuffed up
Fainu broke his nose in warm up brother - that’s why he didn’t come on til late and why Api didn’t return once Fainu finally came on. Also our problem wasn’t the bench - just awful options in attack from our halves and nobody really took the game by the scruff of the neck. Not panic stations just yet.

Fainu broke his nose in warm up brother - that’s why he didn’t come on til late and why Api didn’t return once Fainu finally came on. Also our problem wasn’t the bench - just awful options in attack from our halves and nobody really took the game by the scruff of the neck. Not panic stations just yet.

I think it is.

We got flogged by the absolute worst team in the league by Dan Ferris injury riddled Titans at home.

We followed that up with a lame duck effort (for 70 minutes) against the second worst team in the league, with a team much worse.off with injury than us.

100% mate. No way he deserve the flogging he's copping by all the....people, here.

People rip Elgey, but praise The Magic Pudding like he's an international.

Give Elgey some time, and some 1st graders around him and lookout.

LG has had since 2015 to prove he belongs in first grade and he still hasn't done it, not at the Tits and not at Manly. There was a reason Des originally dropped him for Croker and the only reason he's even still in first grade is because both DCE and Croker have been out injured.

Seriously, when (if) Tom comes back next week and if we're still without DCE for any reason.....I'd be playing Elliot at centre and even have Walker at 5/8 with Cust at half before having to put up with any more of the $hitfest LG has served up the past two weeks.

I don't see many around here praising Boyle.

LG has had since 2015 to prove he belongs in first grade and he still hasn't done it, not at the Tits and not at Manly. There was a reason Des originally dropped him for Croker and the only reason he's even still in first grade is because both DCE and Croker have been out injured.

Seriously, when (if) Tom comes back next week and if we're still without DCE for any reason.....I'd be playing Elliot at centre and even have Walker at 5/8 with Cust at half before having to put up with any more of the $hitfest LG has served up the past two weeks.

I don't see many around here praising Boyle.
Get what you're saying. Let him settle in is all I'm suggesting? He hasn't had time to acclimatise with the same team more than 2 weeks.

That being said, I DO love the look of Croker.

LG has been around for s few years now and didn’t set the world on fire at the Titans. He is not a general and his kicking in general play and last play options are benign the majority of the time. LG is a good player but we need a general to set DCE free.

100% mate. No way he deserve the flogging he's copping by all the....people, here.

People rip Elgey, but praise The Magic Pudding like he's an international.

Give Elgey some time, and some 1st graders around him and lookout.

You sure your not his manger Ryan?

He's been terrible for a few weeks now and his last play option is non existent. Kicking game is put up a bomb and hope for the best and that harbor bridge pass he uses is doomed for failure. Surprised it hasn't been intercepted yet. I don't think he has enough confidence to lead a first grade team around the park.

I disagree. I think Des was masterful in his handling of the bench. Blame the players for the brainsnap and the referee for timely penalty and time wasting.

Here's your turning point:

Manly down 0-9 - attacking Penriths line - had them completely busted and fresh players on the bench with 18 minutes to go. Ready to win.

What happens next?.
(1) Tafua wide open to score - stupidly rushes forward anticipating a kick - gets a pass - DROPPED with line wide open.
(2) Penrith BUSTED defending their line 5 metres out - stupid HEAD HIGH tackle by Godzieqski - then a melee - the 5 ****ing minutes to send off two players. Penalty to Penrith. Ref gives them time to rest
(3) Timely penalty by the ref for nothing 30 metres out. Nothing like that all night - penalty to Penrith - they score a lucky try - 13-0. Should never have happened.

I turned the TV off at this point. I knew once the game was over and the refs had done their best to assure the result that Manly would score tries and lose narrowly and lo and behold that's exactly what happened.

Bull**** game to watch, and you can see the scam the NRL are running. We were not allowed to win this game. I was already nauseus from all the love blubber about Penrith and their so called season resurgence (oh by the way they are running equal last and have the worst attack in the comp).

NYEagle

I disagree. I think Des was masterful in his handling of the bench. Blame the players for the brainsnap and the referee for timely penalty and time wasting.

Here's your turning point:

Manly down 0-9 - attacking Penriths line - had them completely busted and fresh players on the bench with 18 minutes to go. Ready to win.

What happens next?.
(1) Tafua wide open to score - stupidly rushes forward anticipating a kick - gets a pass - DROPPED with line wide open.
(2) Penrith BUSTED defending their line 5 metres out - stupid HEAD HIGH tackle by Godzieqski - then a melee - the 5 ****ing minutes to send off two players. Penalty to Penrith. Ref gives them time to rest
(3) Timely penalty by the ref for nothing 30 metres out. Nothing like that all night - penalty to Penrith - they score a lucky try - 13-0. Should never have happened.

I turned the TV off at this point. I knew once the game was over and the refs had done their best to assure the result that Manly would score tries and lose narrowly and lo and behold that's exactly what happened.

Bull**** game to watch, and you can see the scam the NRL are running. We were not allowed to win this game. I was already nauseus from all the love blubber about Penrith and their so called season resurgence (oh by the way they are running equal last and have the worst attack in the comp).

NYEagle
'Masterful" . . . You have been hoodwinked by DESpicable.
Not using one fresh player when it's obvious the team is not improving is stupid.
Can't you just accept that DESpicable is not a messiah. He gets things wrong like all of us. Last night he insulted Perrett. Regardless of whether he'd have made a difference Perrett should have been given an opportunity. This snub to Perrett could have serious reprocussions to Perrett's mental state. This is Perrett's livelihood, and the coach won't give him a chance. I could almost condone it if the match was close and DESpicable didn't want to risk a change but we needed fresh players to revive our hopes and he totally dished Perrett. He also left Tent on the sidelines for too long. Waiting until 15 minutes to go, and 15 points behind, was a mistake.

. We are currently .500 on the season.

What on earth is .500?

I know you aren't the only one to use this terminology (so this isn't a point against you specifically).... but why has this crept in to our vernacular? It is curious.

Its not possible to be .501 based on our # of games.....

I am not going to give an opinion on the use of the bench until I hear from @Batty ... ST's expert on coaches who don't use the whole bench ... I was lucky enough to be schooled by him last year when I (silly me) made the error of saying why would you bring your #1 prop off to play your #6 prop .. if you didn't have to .....

I forget Batty old mate ... what did you call a coach that doesn't use the whoe bench ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8