Terrible use of the bench

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
Fainu was probably left so late because they were giving his nose as long as possible to heal. You saw the way he started spurting blood when he was introduced. Why was perrit on the bench at all. Are we that desperate for fit players?
He started spurting blood everywhere because one of the Riff goons made an effort to kneel all over his face in his first tackle. Intentionally attacked the head of an already injured player. Pure class.

Ryan

Journey Man
So which players that were around him last night, in your opinion, are not first graders?

+ Cust needs more time to develop
+ I do believe Taufua needs to step back
+ Elliott isn't a full-time fullback all season
+ Miski has a way to go
+ Walker is class
+ Garrick is perfectly fine

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
I disagree. I think Des was masterful in his handling of the bench. Blame the players for the brainsnap and the referee for timely penalty and time wasting.

Here's your turning point:

Manly down 0-9 - attacking Penriths line - had them completely busted and fresh players on the bench with 18 minutes to go. Ready to win.

What happens next?.
(1) Tafua wide open to score - stupidly rushes forward anticipating a kick - gets a pass - DROPPED with line wide open.
(2) Penrith BUSTED defending their line 5 metres out - stupid HEAD HIGH tackle by Godzieqski - then a melee - the 5 ****ing minutes to send off two players. Penalty to Penrith. Ref gives them time to rest
(3) Timely penalty by the ref for nothing 30 metres out. Nothing like that all night - penalty to Penrith - they score a lucky try - 13-0. Should never have happened.

I turned the TV off at this point. I knew once the game was over and the refs had done their best to assure the result that Manly would score tries and lose narrowly and lo and behold that's exactly what happened.

Bull**** game to watch, and you can see the scam the NRL are running. We were not allowed to win this game. I was already nauseus from all the love blubber about Penrith and their so called season resurgence (oh by the way they are running equal last and have the worst attack in the comp).

NYEagle

Have to disagree on the ref issue last night. We may have had a few so so calls against us but if I take my Manly glasses off I feel the Rif had a lot more harsh decision against them than us. Ref didn't cost us last night.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
I can understand not using a player on the bench if the team is travelling well and has momentum, have absolutely no idea why you wouldn't inject some fresh legs under the conditions last night. Can Des answer that ? I would love to know the reasons, because without that inside knowledge it certainly looks like a huge blunder.

Mitch

Bencher
Can we agree Paseka needs to be on the bench ? Next week:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brendan Elliott
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Corey Waddell
17. Jack Gosweiski

Would be my team next week. We need to lift. We are currently .500 on the season. Lose again, we are Barrett territory again.

50% win rate with Turbo playing a grand total of 120 minutes of football in the first 12 rounds and DCE missing 5 games (along with all other injuries and Walker's unavailability), is something I probably wouldn't have expected to be honest.

The Who

Journey Man
At the start of the season I expected us to finish 10th, so overall I'm happy with the current position.
I expected us to beat the Worriers and Cronulla, and lose to Illawarra because history does repeat.
I didn't expect us to be the only team to beat the runaway ladder leaders.
But after such a promising nine rounds I did expect us to beat the two teams at the bottom of the ladder.
Oh, and I did expect 17 players to get a run last match, especially considering we had racked up zero points in the first 65 minutes of the match.

'Masterful" . . . You have been hoodwinked by DESpicable.
Not using one fresh player when it's obvious the team is not improving is stupid.
Can't you just accept that DESpicable is not a messiah. He gets things wrong like all of us. Last night he insulted Perrett. Regardless of whether he'd have made a difference Perrett should have been given an opportunity. This snub to Perrett could have serious reprocussions to Perrett's mental state. This is Perrett's livelihood, and the coach won't give him a chance. I could almost condone it if the match was close and DESpicable didn't want to risk a change but we needed fresh players to revive our hopes and he totally dished Perrett. He also left Tent on the sidelines for too long. Waiting until 15 minutes to go, and 15 points behind, was a mistake.
Tent? Why tent? I agree he needed to come on with 30 to go. Perrett ye he should of been used why did des keep afb on for that long.

The Who

Journey Man
Des kept AFB for that long because he was braining them. It was clear to see.
Yes. He played well - but we still hadn't scored a point with less than 15 minutes to play. Not his fault, but we had two fresh high-impact front rowers still on the bench. By then we had nothing to use. DESpicable faulted by only throwing one of the big blokes on.
If he intended to play AFB for such a long stretch why did he have two front rowers in the reserves?
Would he have trusted Boyle if he'd been there?

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
Yes. He played well - but we still hadn't scored a point with less than 15 minutes to play. Not his fault, but we had two fresh high-impact front rowers still on the bench. By then we had nothing to use. DESpicable faulted by only throwing one of the big blokes on.
If he intended to play AFB for such a long stretch why did he have two front rowers in the reserves?
Would he have trusted Boyle if he'd been there?

He obviously doesn’t rate perrett as he flicked him from the dogs and has been trying to flick him again. However, I agree he could have given paseka more game time as he did provide some impact.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13