Telegraph's Composite player of the year points

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
When does the Winner get announced ?
Wondered this myself. Surely they're not doing a ceremony or broadcast this year. But I still think mickqld might be right - will be very hard for Tom to win with the amount of games he missed. Plus, the Dally Ms always come up with weird results. Wighton over Clearly is a mystery for the ages.

In round 12 before voting went behind closed doors Walker was only on 8 points(11 games), Cleary was on 21(11 games) and Turbo was on 15 (7 games).

Since then Walker has played 11 games, Cleary 5 games and Tom 8 games. It's gonna be a very tight race between Tom and Cleary but I think Cody was too far behind
I think Walker starts too far behind to get close to Tom. Cleary was average his first couple games back so I think Turbo pips him too. That last game may have just sealed the outcome.

He’s much maligned on here, I think it’s to do with his pay packet with everything thinking he should win every game.

Doesn’t work like that in real life.
I truly believe that some supporters don’t like him because he’s got a brain. Speaks eloquently. Doesn’t rubbish anyone. I should know, I’m a dinosaur of the 80’s hay day.
‘But over time, I’ve come to respect the person he is, and the professionalism and polish he provides the club.

In round 12 before voting went behind closed doors Walker was only on 8 points(11 games), Cleary was on 21(11 games) and Turbo was on 15 (7 games).

Since then Walker has played 11 games, Cleary 5 games and Tom 8 games. It's gonna be a very tight race between Tom and Cleary but I think Cody was too far behind
I think it shows how good Daly is considering he may get 3rd and edge Nathan cleary for best 7. He must have gotten so many 2 points... considering tom has about 12x 3 pt matches.

Daly has always got more hate and less credit than he has deserved. Easily the 2nd best halfback in comp and probably 3rd best overall half.

He's just rejected because he's not 'one of the boys' and is slightly overpaid (i'd still pay $950k - $1.05million / season)

I don't think it'll happen. Not because he is not a better fullback than Tedesco, but because he's already proven that he can be a second fullback from the centres (something which Teddy couldn't do).

So yeah, Tom a superior player but versatility means that while ever Tedesco is around, Tom will be used elsewhere. It's kinda ironic because the best chance he had for taking the 1 spot was playing poorly at centre...then maybe the thinking would be 'we gotta get this freak into the game and he is outpointing Teddy, lets pick him at 1'. Alas, he was so good, they see no reason to move him to the back because they get the best of both worlds.

Turbo is one of those players like Rowdy Shearer was back in the day. Best and favourite position was fullback, but because of other one position players like Gary Belcher (Qld and Australia) and Garry Jack (Australia), and because of his natural pace, skill and versatility, Rowdy played a lot of his rep footy either on the wing or in the centres (and sometimes even off the bench). It wasn't until those players retired (1992-93) that Rowdy got a go as the Qld and Australian fullback.

While Tedesco is around and in form, Turbo will have the same thing, not that I think he cares, just so long as he gets to play. They could put him in the front row and he'd still happily do it. But he won't get a shot at the NSW and Kangaroo's fullback job until either Tedesco is injured, out of form, or he retires from rep footy. Tom is the better fullback of the two IMO (of the 3 if you include Mitchell), but Tedesco is a one position player while Tom can play anywhere in the backline. If both are fit and in form, you pick both, plain and simple.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10