Telegraph's Composite player of the year points

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Over the DT when the dally m voting went behind closed doors after rd 12 they have been doing their weekly 3-2-1 voting and releasing it this week. They have published their final ladder today.
No surprise Tom wins from cody walker. What was surprising is Daly edges out Cleary for 3rd. Im guessing daly's 29 points we have been made up of lots of 2 points behind tom. Be interesting to see how many points daly and the other manly boys poll in the actually dally ms.

The whole Tom mania in media while being a 1000% warranted because the bloke isnt human, it has also taken so much pressure off the likes of Daly, foran and shoe.

Attachments

• 0F6838C4-237C-419F-BEB2-3DD144144587.png
    0F6838C4-237C-419F-BEB2-3DD144144587.png
    239.6 KB · Views: 176
Over the DT when the dally m voting went behind closed doors after rd 12 they have been doing their weekly 3-2-1 voting and releasing it this week. They have published their final ladder today.
No surprise Tom wins from cody walker. What was surprising is Daly edges out Cleary for 3rd. Im guessing daly's 29 points we have been made up of lots of 2 points behind tom. Be interesting to see how many points daly and the other manly boys poll in the actually dally ms.

The whole Tom mania in media while being a 1000% warranted because the bloke isnt human, it has also taken so much pressure off the likes of Daly, foran and shoe.
Interesting how far Tedesco has slid back.

It wouldn't surprise me if Tom took his fullback spot for NSW next year. If not next year, I think it will happen in 2023.
Maybe but I don't think NSW need to do that to be honest. He did such a good job playing like a second fullback from centre that it allows NSW to keep Tedesco in the team for as long as they like.

Having said that if Stephen Crichton or Kotoni Staggs step up with irresistible form, maybe that prompts Turbo to move out of the centres so that Tedesco slips back to the bench or something.

It wouldn't surprise me if Tom took his fullback spot for NSW next year. If not next year, I think it will happen in 2023.
I don't think it'll happen. Not because he is not a better fullback than Tedesco, but because he's already proven that he can be a second fullback from the centres (something which Teddy couldn't do).

So yeah, Tom a superior player but versatility means that while ever Tedesco is around, Tom will be used elsewhere. It's kinda ironic because the best chance he had for taking the 1 spot was playing poorly at centre...then maybe the thinking would be 'we gotta get this freak into the game and he is outpointing Teddy, lets pick him at 1'. Alas, he was so good, they see no reason to move him to the back because they get the best of both worlds.

He’s much maligned on here, I think it’s to do with his pay packet with everything thinking he should win every game.

Doesn’t work like that in real life.
I am a huge fan of DCE and have been critical of him in the past but more so out of frustration than anything else...the truth of the matter is, no 7 would have done a better job than him, given the circumstances of what's happened around him. When the roster has been such that it supports him, he has proven he is worth his pay packet. Unfortunately, the times where he has looked like a thief, have been when the rest of the roster is in dire straits for numerous reasons. We don't pay him 1.2m to carry the side, we pay him 1.2m to be an integral cog in a 'team' so I don't buy into the notion that he should have been able to carry a sub-standard roster.

Also, in his defence, as bad as some of his performances have been at times, they're always the result of trying to too hard...i've never seen him 'go missing' or 'disappear' in a game, not matter how bad it's going. That's a real credit to his competitiveness.

So true Cam, if ever their was a case for a Bonus point in the Dally M, it's this season, Tommy has torn sides to shreds it's like he's some sort of Marvel Comic Super Hero he should get 4 pointers not 3.

I am a huge fan of DCE and have been critical of him in the past but more so out of frustration than anything else...the truth of the matter is, no 7 would have done a better job than him, given the circumstances of what's happened around him. When the roster has been such that it supports him, he has proven he is worth his pay packet. Unfortunately, the times where he has looked like a thief, have been when the rest of the roster is in dire straits for numerous reasons. We don't pay him 1.2m to carry the side, we pay him 1.2m to be an integral cog in a 'team' so I don't buy into the notion that he should have been able to carry a sub-standard roster.

Also, in his defence, as bad as some of his performances have been at times, they're always the result of trying to too hard...i've never seen him 'go missing' or 'disappear' in a game, not matter how bad it's going. That's a real credit to his competitiveness.
And that’s an honest reflection of the overall situation, it’s not always been perfect football.
I don’t really get all the trash talk on his game at times and equally I understand how some feel frustrated at times because occasionally he has a bad game or fails to execute the right option etc for a player of his ability, but the one thing that can’t be questioned is the bloke has given his all to our club and he doesn’t deserve to have some of the **** thrown around that gets tossed, critic his game by all means but the trash talk at times is poor. It was good to read your post with regard to the open honesty acknowledging his flaws, ability, effort and role in the side, because I get a bit tired of all the point scoring, chest beating and carry on about who’s right or wrong on things said about Chez.

Finally on the DM composite points estimate how valuable was Toms last game! Hoping like no tomorrow the DM will be hanging around his neck, there’s no one more deserving.

True.

As much as Tom gets all the plaudits, DCE on the weekend still had four try assists, ran for 100m, kicked over 500m, tackled a few big boppers, scored a try, not to mention his leadership.

Nothing to see here.

Not too sure Tom will get it. He only played 15 games and wouldn't have polled in the Knights , Panthers and Storm losses. That means he'd have to get 3 points in every one of those 12 wins he played in. I think Walker with 22 games will win it but not because he's better just because he's played more and only shares points in that side with Laterall dogshot.

True.

As much as Tom gets all the plaudits, DCE on the weekend still had four try assists, ran for 100m, kicked over 500m, tackled a few big boppers, scored a try, not to mention his leadership.

Nothing to see here.
Whilst tom is around though, he or anyone else will forever be Dolly Pardons feet, living in the shadows

Interesting. I assume DCE scored a lot of 2 point games behind Tom and has played the majority of games.

Interesting. I assume DCE scored a lot of 2 point games behind Tom and has played the majority of games.
thats what i thought mate. i think daly would have scored 3 points against warriors rd 5, cowboys after origin and against canberra.

all the press tom gets has taken off all the pressure off daly and foz.

Not too sure Tom will get it. He only played 15 games and wouldn't have polled in the Knights , Panthers and Storm losses. That means he'd have to get 3 points in every one of those 12 wins he played in. I think Walker with 22 games will win it but not because he's better just because he's played more and only shares points in that side with Laterall dogshot.
In round 12 before voting went behind closed doors Walker was only on 8 points(11 games), Cleary was on 21(11 games) and Turbo was on 15 (7 games).

Since then Walker has played 11 games, Cleary 5 games and Tom 8 games. It's gonna be a very tight race between Tom and Cleary but I think Cody was too far behind

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8