Team vs. Newcastle (Plus pre game waffle)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Barrett. Now is the opportunity to try out some of the young up and comers instead of reverting back to the old tried and pedestrian options. Matt Wright and Brown are safe, but they will not win you games and certainly wont add much to a struggling side. You've got some kids there chafing at the bit waiting for their opportunity. You are struggling with available numbers, and relying on little better than good reserve graders. This will come back to bite you mate. You MUST start to infuse some of these young bucks into the team, if only to give them experience and prepare them for permanent spots. The opportunity is there. You're giving young Croker huge latitude for little pay back yet these other kids, who I suspect are more talented and have more to offer, you are ignoring and not giving them a chance to show their wares. Take the punt for heavens sake.

Barrett. Now is the opportunity to try out some of the young up and comers instead of reverting back to the old tried and pedestrian options. Matt Wright and Brown are safe, but they will not win you games and certainly wont add much to a struggling side. You've got some kids there chafing at the bit waiting for their opportunity. You are struggling with available numbers, and relying on little better than good reserve graders. This will come back to bite you mate. You MUST start to infuse some of these young bucks into the team, if only to give them experience and prepare them for permanent spots. The opportunity is there. You're giving young Croker huge latitude for little pay back yet these other kids, who I suspect are more talented and have more to offer, you are ignoring and not giving them a chance to show their wares. Take the punt for heavens sake.
The problem is the way we have managed our cap means we do not have a heap of options

The way we are going there’ll be a call to us Silvertails for a few fill in’s.

At almost 63 I’m guessing I’m a little past it but some of you young bucks would surely be good for a go?

Last edited:
I've come uncorked a few times
uncorked.png

Croker to 9 and Tom Wright to 5/8. Please not Brown. Croker can at least pass and tackle.
I dont rate brown but he is better when he starts (glass 1/2 full)
But I’d really like to see Tom W on the bench or even at 5/8 (wishful thinking)even though a lot on ST don’t rate him as such (glass 1/2 empty)
We need something to spark us what hve we got to lose ?I’d rather lose trying something new than lose just trying the same old same old
Even starting Paseka is something different, because the same old same old has not done us any good over the last few weeks

Do you think that all Trent's decisions are sane ?
Not sure if same or not, but he is definitely predictable. There was never going to be any major changes to the side, we don’t have much depth and the one player who could offer something has been labelled persona non grata. Wishful thinking that guys like wright or fainu are ready for grade

Not sure if same or not, but he is definitely predictable. There was never going to be any major changes to the side, we don’t have much depth and the one player who could offer something has been labelled persona non grata. Wishful thinking that guys like wright or fainu are ready for grade
First of all there was no malice intended in the insanity Baz meme. I agree with you that Trent is predictable and I wish he was more proactive and take a chance with players that possess skill and ability and give them some confidence in believing in their own ability than holding them back with persistent pedestrian and predictable selections .
I believe a great coach is also a great motivator that brings believe and the best out of his players . I believe Wright and Fainu are right to play in the NRL with the right coach that instils confidence in them and brings out the best in the skill and ability they posses

Last edited:
Baz said when the salary cap sanctions were handed down that he would need to blood some young players sooner. C’mon Baz.

It's been documented we already have a very young team.
Barrett's already called up Gosiewski and Paseka.
And we already had Croker as a novice.
Kelly and Parker are not very experienced.
Perrett Lane and even AFB are inexperienced for middle forwards.
Don't worry, the last couple of kids will certainly get a run soon the way we are going.

Connor Watson to make a very timely return for the knights as Pearce is out.

Sheesh, just one more week'd be nice (we need all the help).

No real changes this week from 2 floggings. Surely TB has his hands tied re salary cap issues and top 30 players available. Or just a sucker for more punishment.
Swallow your pride and ‘ look after the boys’ mentality and tell some home thruths about where you and the team are at. I’m gutted not so much about not winning but the efforts we are dishing up.
If the boys are having coffee and hanging out get Jackson in the 6 or 7. DCE will have an organiser to assist. Trent your the boss get some courage and get the best players on the field. Results business my friend!

What would be insane is chopping and changing the side every week just because some forum posters are convinced we have several "next big things" languishing in lower grades. For arguments sake say he promotes 3-4 young ones and the team still gets its arse handed to it. Then what? You've destroyed whatever team cohesion you had and probably shattered the confidence of the young guys promoted before their time.

I would never suggest the changes if Manly was winning Terry. But what do we see? Its certainly not unheard of for coaches to bring in fresh bloood when things arent working. Certainly the changes may not work, but if you dont try, the chances are you continue to go backwards. Manly may win on the weekend, but can you really see the present side making much impact on the comp. You're relying on the special skills of TT, JT and DCE, and a smart coach will know how to make life difficult for them. The team needs something fresh, a little unpredictability. Only takes a few unexpected top plays to win confidence back again and the more players you have on the park who can potentially do that, the more likely those breaks will come.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11