Team vs. Newcastle (Plus pre game waffle)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Id like to see changes for the team being run out to play Newcastle. We hear repeatedly we're struggling for players with the salary cap situation yet we have some great young kids who would happily step up to the plate and have a red hot crack.

Its gotta be better than the tripe being dished out at the moment and I dont think the players are going to get the message if they are continually selected after such inept and lackluster efforts.

Id like to see the following (#optimism)

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Moses Suli
3. Tom Wright
4. Dylan Walker
5. Brian Kelly
6. Jackson Hastings
7. Daly Chery-Evans
8. Martin Tapau
9. Api Koroisau
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Joel Thompson
12. Jack Gosiewski
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Joey Lussick
15. Aden Fonua Blake
16. Shaun Lane
17. Frank Winterstein

What is there to lose? Another game? That'll happen anyway without change.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Moses Suli
3. Brian Kelly
4. Dylan Walker
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jackson Hastings
7. Daly Chery-Evans
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Api Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Frank Winterstein
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Shaun Lane
17. Lloyd Perrett

would be my team.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Moses Suli
3. Brian Kelly
4. Dylan Walker
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jackson Hastings
7. Daly Chery-Evans
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Api Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Frank Winterstein
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Shaun Lane
17. Lloyd Perrett

would be my team.

That would be very close to the mark for me as well mate. Only changes would be keeping Gosieski (although that one on one miss on Norman yesterday was horrendous) and Hastings in place of Brown, but I can't see that happening.

Dropping Gos seems harsh

We came 6th overall last season with Frank in the starting 17, and Brown on the bench who covered utility and backrow. It just meant I could have three props on the bench.

I think i read we are not allowed to use Suli yet, and there is no way in hell , lussick will get a run after bro and dad spat venom at the coach..

We came 6th overall last season with Frank in the starting 17, and Brown on the bench who covered utility and backrow. It just meant I could have three props on the bench.

We also had a 6 last year who ensured the team got around the park. So unless he is coming back not sure Frank and Brown will help revive the form of last year.

It’s all fine to choose fantasy teams but all we have to choose from is:

1 Tom Trbojevic,
2 Brad Parker, (assuming ok to play)
3 Dylan Walker,
4 Brian Kelly,
5 Akuila Uate,
6 Lachlan Croker,
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Addin Fonua-Blake,
9 Apisai Koroisau,
10 Martin Taupau,
11 Joel Thompson,
12 Jack Gosiewski,
13 Jake Trbojevic.
14 Shaun Lane,
15 Lloyd Perrett,
16 Matthew Wright,
17 Taniela Paseka
18 Frank Winterstein,
19 Jackson Hastings,
20 Tofofoa Sipley
21 Jonathan Wright
22 Tom Wright
23 Tevita Funa

Q: Do you give the current squad one more chance to redeem themselves, or make changes now?
I can't imagine that the players would have the lack of spirit to perform like they have over the past three weeks. One more chance? I'm now leaning to YES. I get the feeling that we will aim up against Newcastle. It's a gut instinct that is correct two out of three times (correct that we'd lose to Titans and Eels, wrong that we'd beat Tigers).
However. If there is no improvement there is only one option:
to enlist some recruits from the 2017 premiership-winning Under 20's, such as Tom Wright, Fainua and Anderson (if we are allowed).
There would be nothing to lose. These guys would gain valuable experience and be better players in 2019. If they failed then we'd know that perhaps they weren't our future.

There aren’t many options I’m afraid. I’d bring in Sipley and T Wright for Uate and Perret. Wish we had an option for Croker but we don’t yet

Both those YARTS are better than the side we ran out last week. If Barrett chooses the same 17 as last week and we go on and win (which is highly likely with Pearce our) I fear it will cover over some huge cracks and he’ll stick with the same team when it’s time to face the better sides. If he changes things up and he really should, things could end up turning around in no time. IMO the fact all the players were out having a coffee (including DCE and Hastings) does not bode well for Barrett.

For me....

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Tom Wright
3. Dylan Walker
4. Brian Kelly
5. Moses Suli
6. Wacko Jacko Hastings
7. D. C-Evans
8. Martin Taupau
9. Api Koroisau
10. Shaun Lane
11. Joel Thompson
12. Jack Gosiewski
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Joey Lussick
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Lloyd Perret
17. A. F-Blake

As I’ve said in another thread , Trent could possibly appease the media and take some of the heat off by picking Jacko at 6.

Give him a few weeks and if he’s still playing up then he gets dropped back to BWSE.

Frog could do with a break anyway.

But we all know pride will get in the way and there’s not a chance in hell that , injury dependant, the same side as last week won’t be named for this!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6