• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Charred Moai stone statues on Easter Island that were singed in a wildfire earlier this year are signs of a growing tension between landowners and conservationists in this tiny, remote island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Save us Marty
Don Singed

Wonder what the go was with the Eels supposedly offering Marty that late season switch and to also supposedly bolster their forward line up . Now the Eels having or willingly disposing of some handy forwards and no current interest in Marty . Even if the Eels were expecting Manly to pay some of his late season freight , still seems a strange one everything taken into account . Seems a decent sort of bloke but footy wise, still a bit of an unknown where his firebrand but power based ruck authority and ability went to the past 3 seasons or so . Had two of the best front row combinations in Marty and A F B at one stage but seems quite some time ago now , .

Looks like we are safe....
Mentioned as a side issue in that article, 'ratchet clauses'... why would a club ever agree to such a clause? Would only be agreed out of sheer desperation to sign the very top players I'd imagine. So they'd be on top money anyway.

Mentioned as a side issue in that article, 'ratchet clauses'... why would a club ever agree to such a clause? Would only be agreed out of sheer desperation to sign the very top players I'd imagine. So they'd be on top money anyway.
I think every good manager would insist on such clauses in any long term deal

Especially when a large chunk of this increase needs to also cover the increase in the minimum wage. If you have say 7 players on minimum wage, your $1.2m increase is then already down to $710k due to having to cover your players on the minimum! Possibly plus a few others also that are on slightly above the minimum.

Dce certainly has , i would be very surprised if the turbos dont also have a clause that increases there take home with salary cap increase. They will take about 30% of and increase of about 1.2 , then the minimum wagers next before any spare coin

i didnt realise min wage had dropped from 130 a few years back to 80. Thats pretty **** coin considering. No wonder we dont have a proper reserve grade comp or any real depth as a game. I presume covid and the trickle down affect left its mark

I don't know. Can we really afford to lose "one of the most professional trainers in the game"?
Only if we accept that as one the great trainers, he is also one of the most overrated players in the game.

Good athlete. Not so good as a footballer.

Sounds like playing on for him is now just a vanity project. He and Mrs Tapau have made some good investments.

Good to know all those half-hearted ‘third man in’ tackles and wondrously stupid offloads (e.g. vs South Sydney at Gosford, 2022) and numerous other brainsnaps (e.g. vs Parramatta at Parramatta, 2016), have helped set him up for retirement - at Manly-Warringah’s tolerant expense.

Last edited:
Whatever you think of Marty, it's absolute rubbish that a whole bunch of footy players have no idea if they'll be playing or in what city next year less than two weeks out from Xmas.
Can't imagine the clubs are overly thrilled about it either.

Food, food wonderful food
Healthy Wonderful Food alternatives

Like Grilled fish with Greek salad marinated wiht Extra Virgin olive oil

There are many healthy tasty wonderful food alternatives

Seek and you shall find feathered friend

See the source image

Thanks Bozo. I actually eat a lot of those ingredients though not noodles. I think this section should be now called Bear's Dietary Needs. Get rid of this Taupau nonsense. My food consumption is far more important, dont you think

Thanks Bozo. I actually eat a lot of those ingredients though not noodles. I think this section should be now called Bear's Dietary Needs. Get rid of this Taupau nonsense. My food consumption is far more important, dont you think
Good on you feathered friend . I am glad you are on health focus

I think if you keep this up you will be on good stead to enjoy a longer quality life

Long live all the Great Manly Supporters like you @Bearfax

Long live our Legendary club the mighty Sea eagles

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4