• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How about the fact that he has been an astonishingly pathetic failure as a the "supposed" forward leader for the past 4 years .. with the common believe that all our young props have under-performed

The downside to keeping him on any coin is he will continue to assert his passion-less, un-invested and emotionless influence over the pack ....

Arguably, the pack as a whole "has been an astonishingly pathetic failure" for the past four years @Woodsie

Last edited:
Arguably, the pack as a whole "has been an astonishingly pathetic failure" for the past four years @Woodsie
Bit harsh , again think the injury issue have been one of the main problems . Had a better run on the forward injury front in 2021 for instance and top 4 position , so the forward personal is not that lacking in ability and on the performance scale in general , Just need the majority fit and available and the consistency factor should automatically pick up as well . Though Marty or his overall performance level has hardly enhanced the pack the past few seasons . Plus the fairly dubious situation with him and the Eels matter at last seasons end . Important factor and all things normal could be just how well some of the younger brigade shape up even for the depth requirement and again obviously having the best forward line up available on a regular basis .

Not argualbly .. demonstrably ... It was the whole purpose of this thread ... But, You seem to be missing the point about me believing it to be Soley the result of Dessie's forward philosophy, and the mentoring influence of the passionless Easter Island Moai

I'll ask you the same question I asked Mark .... If JHW had been Paseka's senior prop mentor for the past 4 years, talking to him about what it takes, and what he has to do to be a top shelf prop in the NRL, and leading by example .... do you believe Paseka would be a different/better player today ?

Not argualbly .. demonstrably ... It was the whole purpose of this thread ... But, You seem to be missing the point about me believing it to be Soley the result of Dessie's forward philosophy, and the mentoring influence of the passionless Easter Island Moai

I'll ask you the same question I asked Mark .... If JHW had been Paseka's senior prop mentor for the past 4 years, talking to him about what it takes, and what he has to do to be a top shelf prop in the NRL, and leading by example .... do you believe Paseka would be a different/better player today ?

On the upside, Paseka learnt how to lift heavy things.

I take your point @Woodsie However, none of our forward leaders (Jake, Aloiai or Taupua) seemed to play that forward mentoring role as well as they should have. I believe all three of them failed equally in this respect.

I take your point @Woodsie However, none of our forward leaders (Jake, Aloiai or Taupua) seemed to play that forward mentoring role as well as they should have. I believe all three of them failed equally in this respect.

Jake brings a different but equally important message ... Aloiai has only been there a year, and certainly not at pack leader level .. although a year older now, he needs to stand up and lead.

I hate you davohan123. I'm trying hard to diet and I adore pizza but trying my best to avoid the delicacy. Then along you come and thrust this into my face. Aaarrrgghhh.
Ah the old diet welcome aboard, taking bloody duromine and shakes for lunch.
Gp orders I am too fat Haha

How about the fact that he has been an astonishingly pathetic failure as a the "supposed" forward leader for the past 4 years .. with the common believe that all our young props have under-performed

The downside to keeping him on any coin is he will continue to assert his passion-less, un-invested and emotionless influence over the pack ....

Paseka, Haumole, Keppie et al are finally out of his orbit ... and ready to explode .... thank the Lord
Agree, signing up Marty would be a dumb move by us, Marty for the last 3yrs has been underwhelming to say the least. What makes Manly think he'll improve in 23 and on considerably less money than his last contract at 800k ? or, are Manly content to throw him 250 to 300k and get the old 22 version Marty.

Charred Moai stone statues on Easter Island that were singed in a wildfire earlier this year are signs of a growing tension between landowners and conservationists in this tiny, remote island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Save us Marty

Please can we stop talking about diets and food. You guys are making me hungry just talking about it. Now I am going to have to make a mad dash to Macca,s , thanks guys, I hope you are happy lol... :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8