[Resurrected] Taupau being shopped?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why the haste with him wanting out , doesn 't he think that Manly can still make the finals . Where is his priority there or helping his team mates get there . Talk about questionable commitment levels . Then for him to just not take into account or largely overlook the instability that has just occurred last week and simply and intentionally adding to it . Think that he just needs to pull his head in , had the impression in recent seasons that he generally prefers to just do his own thing . Played with a bit of purpose against the Roosters but pretty ordinary input in many recent seasons . See the season out and do the right thing for your team mates and the club Marty and be part of the slime next season if that is your intention .
I've never liked the team Kapow thing, to me he's set himself apart from the rest of the team doing this, you would never hear team Turbo or team Garrick, it's narcissistic bs

I have felt like Marty has been phoning it in for a few seasons now, so I'd be happy to offload him if we can get something out of it - not a lot of his contract left so salary cap relief for us is going to be minimal. How about we see if they let us keep Davey as part of the deal.
Phoning it in:

Marty: Hey Tommy, I know it’s only the first tackle and you’re the fullback, but would you mind taking that hit up for me?

Marty: Hey Jake or Lachy, would you mind making the tackle on JWH? Thanks lads.

If the club can free up 200K they would be crazy not to release Marty, plenty of coverage in the front row, Bullemoor off the bench would create some havoc in the middle with his leg speed and deserves a chance to play in the middle.

Tuitavake could get minutes also, plenty of options and the $$$ if it’s around 200K is a must do, that’s a forward payment to a couple of players, free up some cap space for 2023/2024.

Storm (nofo), Parra (marty), Easts (lodge) all with cap space along with Panthers (tpj) last year ... seems legit

Note: These aren't second tier players ffs
This end-of-season trading frenzy does my head in. I can't imagine the scenario of say the Port Macquarie Sharks or Taree Bulls half-back asking for a release because their team can't make the finals and heading to the Wingham Tigers who are in contention. Sharks or Bulls fans would say the comp is basically a sick joke with loyalty non-existent. Why does the NRL think a fully professional league is so different?

Last edited:
This end-of-season trading frenzy does my head in. I can't imagine the scenario of say a Port Macquarie Sharks or Taree Bulls half-back asking for a release because their team can't make the finals and heading to the Wingham Tigers who are in contention. Sharks or Bulls fans would say the comp is basically a sick joke with loyalty non-existent. Why does the NRL think a fully professional league is so different?
Perfectly explained

If marty is on 800k. about $2200 per day
Roughly another 150 if its 850k
contract year is october 1
from monday 61 days

a swap with brown is about this year

marty offloaded is a great headline , and about next year

This end-of-season trading frenzy does my head in. I can't imagine the scenario of say a Port Macquarie Sharks or Taree Bulls half-back asking for a release because their team can't make the finals and heading to the Wingham Tigers who are in contention. Sharks or Bulls fans would say the comp is basically a sick joke with loyalty non-existent. Why does the NRL think a fully professional league is so different?
Another situation where to top clubs get all the benefit. A tiger or titan might get to play finals, even a premiership but not for their club.
Melbourne, slime, panthers etc benefit from 'loaning' or trading a good player from a bottom/middle team.
Don't like it and think it's a rort.

The issue with Taupau has never been running metres. The problem is his costly errors at crucial stages, that have cost us time and time again, over many years.

The last 2-3 years he has lost the aggression that used to balance the pros and cons ledger. You could do worse than have him on the bench but with the amount of money he’s been paid, we’ve been getting ripped off for a while now.

Eels chase Taupau as window shuts​

Parramatta have been desperately calling Manly over the past 48 hours to get Marty Taupau to the club immediately.

Manly’s answer to the request for a release remains no, but the Eels will work behind the scenes to try and make it happen before Monday’s 5pm trade deadline.

The Roosters have spent the past few days ringing around all the clubs trying to find an outside back to add to their squad for the run home to the finals.

Eels chase Taupau as window shuts​

Parramatta have been desperately calling Manly over the past 48 hours to get Marty Taupau to the club immediately.

Manly’s answer to the request for a release remains no, but the Eels will work behind the scenes to try and make it happen before Monday’s 5pm trade deadline.

The Roosters have spent the past few days ringing around all the clubs trying to find an outside back to add to their squad for the run home to the finals.

Let him go & keep foz or davey I say!

Story as usual does not make sense. If Manly are apparently saying “no” what’s going to happen between now and 5pm to change things. Marty has had it good at Manly ( paid well above what he has delivered for a long time now ) in this case he should do the honourable thing and see out his contract. If Manly let him go it should involve some sort of compensation, Money or some kind of swap….

Already have Keppie out , not to be negative but what happens if another prop is unavailable during the run in to the finals for Manly . Priority should be a full strength Manly side and Marty and if his form can hold like the other night , [ or did he just lift a bit to impress Eels officials to take him on sooner or latter ] can add something either starting or from the bench . Maybe Alioia and Paseka are the best starting pair at present but again on last Thursday "s form , can also be Marty . Guess that you could technically up grade one or 2 other squad members contract for this season with say a 200 k or so suggested trade deal but not sure how that would affect the respective player or players on their already agreed ongoing contract deals and cap related . Really can 't see Manly changing their current position. Marty is still getting his normal coin irrespective so really should just get on with seeing out his current Manly contract

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8