Taufua: Two year contract extension.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The boy will find his feet again if he can start accumulating some more consecutive injury free games.

He has been playing the last 5 years or so carrying injuries and had an extended time out recently so if he can get close to 100% injury wise in the coming weeks, he will cement his place in the team and get back to some of his career best form.

He has a wealth of experience out on the wing (127 games), 74 tries, still only 27 yrs. If his body holds up he is definitely a keeper for 2019-2020.

So, it is not so much lack of skills, desire, that has contributed to Taufuas drop in form over the last couple of seasons, but injuries that have held the man back from reaching his true potential. For a lot of the time he has been carrying niggling injuries throughout the entire season. As his confidence returns so will his weaknesses improve especially under the high ball. I have seen him take some nice ones over the years so he isn't as terrible as some make him out to be.

Hasn "t seemed to have many attacking opportunities lately to utilize his strong finishing ability . The wet weather conditions for the i st two games probably haven "t helped his playing style either . Maybe down on the confidence level but even if some ordinary form continues , hardly any ready made replacements right now . Young Hoppa a distinct possibility maybe soon , Funa not quite in the picture , Anderson also . Minski looked like a good natural\ finisher in the Roosters trial , be interesting to see how he does progress in the short term for the Workers .

Never have been a fan of straight stats, they are easily misrepresented.
I would much prefer a percentage based stat, ie how many times a player handled the ball compared to mistake made.... On the surface of it I would think the others on this list handled the ball more for a higher error rate but would be a lower %. Would be far more accurate than just stumping up how many times a player dropped the ball, same as for missed tackles.

I like Jorge, I hope he smashes it this weekend.

Agree about stats ... but in this case they are representative in such they are all wingers and have all played the same number of games ... and it can be concluded that their match involvement would be similar if not the same .....

But even if number of touchs were relevant .... it would mean that most of those players would have to have had 3 or 4 times more touchs than Jorge to be equal ... that is clearly not the case ...

PSS ... I rarely just "stump" up figures without giing them some thought ....

Agree about stats ... but in this case they are representative in such they are all wingers and have all played the same number of games ... and it can be concluded that their match involvement would be similar if not the same .....

But even if number of touchs were relevant .... it would mean that most of those players would have to have had 3 or 4 times more touchs than Jorge to be equal ... that is clearly not the case ...

PSS ... I rarely just "stump" up figures without giing them some thought ....

That is a fair call, out of interest I did a little digging, Taufua (not kicks) over 2 games 94.6% handling success rate compared to say Fusitu 93%, Tupou 93.9% and Vinvalu 88.1%, it confirms your highness's assumptions above..This mere numbnut bows to the great one :).....
Cmon Jorge light it up today !!!!

He is not that different a player than previous

The major difference was who was in side him when he played his best footy

At their best ,snake , killer and Stevie were unchallenged and Jorge excelled in finishing off their class acts

Those acts aren’t there for him ATM
I will still back him got a double and a 13+ win like I do every week

If it gets up once you have paid for the rest of years bets

There are a lot of posters on here that need to reconsider their comments over the past two weeks about Jorge.
This time I am thankful I didn't enter the bagging of the bloke with more hair than a Russian female shot putter.

There are a lot of posters on here that need to reconsider their comments over the past two weeks about Jorge.
This time I am thankful I didn't enter the bagging of the bloke with more hair than a Russian female shot putter.
Jorge’s strength’s are his powerful running game (particularly when coming out of our own end) his finishing, and the whack he can bring in defence. It wasn’t like he had to rediscover a lost passing/kicking game, or some other highly technical skill. Simple stuff, and he got his mojo back tonight.

Actually the perfect wingers game from today, noticed only for heroic takes in the air and easy tries.

If we play good middle park footy then the wingers are just over paid mannequins, the way it should be.

played well today, but you can't deny his issues under the high ball and sometimes with ball handling. He still keeps his spot as we need experience and his tough carries out of our own end really helps our forwards, who were tiring in the first 20 of the second half and jorges carries really helped them out. Still, I think we should look for a couple young centres and winger to take his spot come next year. good game today tho

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4