Taniela Paseka

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I didn't see the Under 20's match. We only got beaten by the barest of margins . . . So, is Teepee going to be promoted to our top 17, or do you think Lussick may just edge him out?

Paseka seems quite young but I thought the left the tigers as he couldn't get a game in first grade.

Hopefully someone (re) shows him last nights wonderful victory against the roosters and says: "Well....it's one of those players out there you have to be better than to replace them! So what do you think? Time to get stuck into it at training?"

I'm hopeful he'll be excellent for us. (Well I hope this for all our players but you get what I'm saying.)

Hi Guys,

I'm a Tigers supporter and poster over on WestsTigersForum and have joined up to weigh into this discussion - Losing Paseka was majority a sore point within our fanbase, however as posted by some of the posters over here he is indeed from what we know at times a bit of a lazy player.

Reportedly the Sea-Eagles have put a generous offer to the young guy, and the Tigers needed to be in the vicinity of 600k to keep him. A tough decision, and no doubt within the Tigers fan base an unpopular decision, however probably not the wrong decision for our team as of right now.

I personally think he's not worth it at the moment, however if you can get the best out of him - (much like the new lease of life Sironen seems to have gotten with Manly however lets see if it lasts - he had 5-6 game patches with us where he was great, then disappeared in big losses) then all the best.

Good luck for the season guys (except in rounds 19 and 23)

Cheers, UD.
Cheers for the post but where do you get the info of 600K to keep him and over how many years?Other posters on your forum said that he recently resigned for 2 more years,that would mean you shouldn't have to offer him anything to keep him as he is under contract.Are you saying that Manly approached a player with 2 years left on contract which would be illegal?I don't know but think it more likely that with the change of coach Manly approached Tigers about the chances of a release and the Tigers gave the green light.The following negotiations with player/management for 600K doesn't seem ridiculous over 3 years with an upscaling contract 150k/200K/250K,just curious of your source is all.You aren't here to cause mischief the same way one of our members posted earlier this week on your website the news of the Paseka switch?

Hi guys.

To clarify the offer manly put forth was around a 600k figure - I believe over 2 yrs.

From what i understand we arent paying any of his contract, which for once in Tiger town is a relief...

His lack of progress and "gentle" attitude as alluded to by other posters was the source of much frustrstion, as well as his selective involvement.

Having said that Sironen is going well for you guys, and as they say change is as good as a holiday.

@HappilyManly (or anybody) if it is, as now suggested $300k per season, does this put him in our top 25 or are NYC contracts somehow separate?

@HappilyManly (or anybody) if it is, as now suggested $300k per season, does this put him in our top 25 or are NYC contracts somehow separate?

If it is 300k, or any figure over 85k (minimum for a top 25 player) then it would have to be top 25. The NYC cap is a meagre 250k for the squad so no way he would be in that cap especially with the likes of Bainbridge, Parker and Wright in there.

I'm thinking if 600k is the figure then it is over 3 years as he is signed this year, 18 and 19.

If it is 300k, or any figure over 85k (minimum for a top 25 player) then it would have to be top 25. The NYC cap is a meagre 250k for the squad so no way he would be in that cap especially with the likes of Bainbridge, Parker and Wright in there.

I'm thinking if 600k is the figure then it is over 3 years as he is signed this year, 18 and 19.

Cheers Smithy, the obvious second part to my question then is .... who has now dropped out of our top 25 to accommodate him.

This no risk gamble is now taking on an element of risk

I would be amazed if an NYC Player was signed on anywhere the 600k/3 years.

Maybe the kid just saw more of an opportunity at Manly and used the money rumor as an out.@:cool:

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
Cheers Smithy, the obvious second part to my question then is .... who has now dropped out of our top 25 to accommodate him.

Kennedy looked really poor in his games for us, never expected much out of him though. I'd drop him

We are only in our second season of our 5 year plan
Calm down and dont panic feathered friend otherwise you will have a bloody heart attack !!!
15-heart-symptoms-s1-older-man-receiving-heart-attack-treatment.jpg

I know we only nominated 24 players at the cut off date for naming your 25 players,after that I have no idea what we did for the 25th player.Unless we are getting some relief via Stewart/Matai which I doubt,I didn't think we had any room under the cap(unless we trade someone worth the supposed 300K immediately).No one is missing this week as far as I know so I have doubts about this 600K(we only paid 160K a year for B.Kelly who plays in a position that had some need for an upgrade and he had just as many credentials as this guy). If he is on 300K, I doubt he would have been playing Holden cup,more likely would have been playing for Workers...I doubt we could fit him in our Holden cup side even at 150K this year,my guess is that the Tigpies are paying his cap space this year and we will pay for next 2 years or whatever.They are probably clearing decks for next year as they have about 5 players actually contracted and are going to need every dollar to resign current players and bring any new players in.

I know we only nominated 24 players at the cut off date for naming your 25 players,after that I have no idea what we did for the 25th player.Unless we are getting some relief via Stewart/Matai which I doubt,I didn't think we had any room under the cap(unless we trade someone worth the supposed 300K immediately).No one is missing this week as far as I know so I have doubts about this 600K(we only paid 160K a year for B.Kelly who plays in a position that had some need for an upgrade and he had just as many credentials as this guy). If he is on 300K, I doubt he would have been playing Holden cup,more likely would have been playing for Workers...I doubt we could fit him in our Holden cup side even at 150K this year,my guess is that the Tigpies are paying his cap space this year and we will pay for next 2 years or whatever.They are probably clearing decks for next year as they have about 5 players actually contracted and are going to need every dollar to resign current players and bring any new players in.

All you say is reasonable but we do not nominate our top 25, our top 25 is a list of our top 25 highest money earners. We may have named our top 24 but the fact is we would have had a top 25. If we buy someone on more coin than the current 25th then he drops off and the new guy is in wherever he fits in. It would be a problem I think if the current 25th had already played FG.

Only Early days, mixed reactions but sometimes he looks like he could be a handful, majority of the time Pauli Pauli/T Rex comes to mind

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7