Taniela Paseka

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He recently resigned with the Tigers for a further 2 years so they obviously thought he was developing well.As to why/ how he became available,I don't know but it was just after a new coach came in.Reports are that he was doing well in a bad Tigers U20's side which is a good thing as it shows he was putting in.A lot of supporters are furious that he was released as they felt he was going to be good,a lot also said so what he has not played first grade and who cares.(not a logical argument).Common thought amongst their supporters is that he is a year away from being a realistic chance for NRL,so a year in lower grades and an offseason will probably be good for him.I had him on my wishlist for this offseasons' recruitment for props as I didn't think throwing big money at another prop was needed and he has a big potential upside,but thought his resigning with the Tigers ended that.Don't know how he will end up but glad we have picked him up,maybe Tatola getting a shot in the Tigers NRL (chosen as player 21 this week)side above him has spurred a change in his priorities.Who knows at the moment how he was released,maybe he requested,maybe they were ok with him leaving.
Fcuk I'm struggling for breathe just reading that (albeit the content was very good)

IMG_3792.JPG
Ian Roberts and Willie were both listed as 195cm...so Shaun Lane is probably tallest ever, soon to be 'eclipsed' by this guy!

Not sure how tall Phil Daley was but I'm 6'4" and I think I remember looking up at him

Wouldn't surprise me if Tigers lost 3/4 of their NYC team.

Was thinking , if so good why would Tigers let him go, but then thought after just spending a motza on that young 18yo winger and with the big 4 off contract .... money will be real short.
They just signed McQueen, and some suggestion this kid was already in there too 25 next year. May be freezing up cash.

Good pick up if the reports are true, old school big bopper prop who uses his size and weight like he should.
Good Times

Interesting to note that Dave Warrick is now the recruitment manager of the Tigers.
I always thought he had a good eye for talent, so I'm kind of surprised that let this guy slip through their fingers.

U20's prop - the next big thing....stars in NYC don't always = NRL stars ( or regular 1st graders for that matter )
Demetriou, Ligi Sao, Knight etc.......just to name a few.... and they were standouts at that level.

Let's hope he's the business but I'll kerb my enthusiasm at the moment.

Because the Tigers have no money?...

Fox sports said he could be available to play for us in round 7.

Interesting to see how he goes against the big boys but he seems to hit the line hard. Panthers have had a heap of success bringing through some big bopper juniors so hopefully it pans out for us.
Let's just say we need to have an interchange system that allows him to be on the field ONLY when we have possession. If that were the case he'd be a great buy.

He recently resigned with the Tigers for a further 2 years so they obviously thought he was developing well.As to why/ how he became available,I don't know but it was just after a new coach came in.Reports are that he was doing well in a bad Tigers U20's side which is a good thing as it shows he was putting in.A lot of supporters are furious that he was released as they felt he was going to be good,a lot also said so what he has not played first grade and who cares.(not a logical argument).Common thought amongst their supporters is that he is a year away from being a realistic chance for NRL,so a year in lower grades and an offseason will probably be good for him.I had him on my wishlist for this offseasons' recruitment for props as I didn't think throwing big money at another prop was needed and he has a big potential upside,but thought his resigning with the Tigers ended that.Don't know how he will end up but glad we have picked him up,maybe Tatola getting a shot in the Tigers NRL (chosen as player 21 this week)side above him has spurred a change in his priorities.Who knows at the moment how he was released,maybe he requested,maybe they were ok with him leaving.
The bloke can't / won't tackle, other than in patches and won;t get down and dirty in the forwards battle. Very much in the Dave Taylor category. The Tigpies have invested heavily in trying to remedy that without success. They have had one on one coaching, the lot and the bloke still thinks it's touch footy. Ultimately the Tigpies concluded that he wasn't going to be fixed any time soon and he was frustrated because he thought he should be playing NRL. He requested a release because he had been told he would play NRL this year and the Tigpies have not yet released him, but probably will.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6