Taniela Paseka is he the answer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Taniela Paseka is finally starting to realise just what an advantage his natural size is in rugby league. At 120 kg he's in the top 3 for weight in the NRL, and at 197 cm (6'6") only Nelson Asofa-Solomona and Shaun Lane right now are taller.

He seem's to be finally shedding the gentle giant tag and is starting to show the potential many thought he had.

If we manage to keep him long term, because its probably a given that he'll receive offers from elsewhere the better he gets, he'll be a starter in our front row for a long time.

I 100% agree with @manly al ... I hope the club see's him as a priority keep and puts in the effort required to keep him a Sea Eagle.
Reported on here earlier in the year that he's on about 400k, so is a big upgrade really smart. An extension sure, but with Jake, Marty and AFB's big $$$ can we really afford another big $$$ forward. 400k if it's real, is pretty huge coin for a bench prop.

He has the potential to be as good as Payne Haas. Big body, good footwork, atheletic for his size and can offload. Really living up to his potential that last few weeks. If he keeps on improving we won't lose that punch we have through middle when AFB and Kapow get their spell. He's only 22 we must remember

Wasn't sure at first as he ran like he was scared to get hurt. I'm starting to slowly see the player he's built to be. He's gonna be feared. If he had AFB's mongrel in him then Jesus.

That try was something you’d see from Viliami Kikau or Payne Haas. So much satisfaction watching Paseka comfortable out there injury free!
I wonder if Paseka could be used as a ‘cheat code’ on an edge like Kikau?
Still happy to see him remain at prop. This guy is gonna be a beast.
Still just 22 years old!

He has the potential to be as good as Payne Haas. Big body, good footwork, atheletic for his size and can offload. Really living up to his potential that last few weeks. If he keeps on improving we won't lose that punch we have through middle when AFB and Kapow get their spell. He's only 22 we must remember

For mine I think the big problem we're going to have is keeping him at Brookvale beyond 2021. The more the big boy starts to show how good he is, the more interest and offers he's going to attract from other clubs. And some of them (e.g. Uncle Nick's brown paper bag mob) seem to have more than the salary cap to play with when it comes to players salaries.

I hope Paseka gets paid his worth, but I hope its by Manly.

Last edited:
Why start a new thread when we have plenty to choose from?

With Aloiai out on Friday against the Eels, will Paseka stand up and show what his huge frame is capable of?

Or will he continue to be a 1.2l 4 cylinder Ford Fiesta.

Why start a new thread when we have plenty to choose from?

With Aloiai out on Friday against the Eels, will Paseka stand up and show what his huge frame is capable of?

Or will he continue to be a 1.2l 4 cylinder Ford Fiesta.

Because I can .. I could .. I did ... ... anyway, I thought you were permanently glued to "poor Shuster, Dessie doesn't like him" ... and the "let's bag DCE" threads

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4