Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Taniela Paseka is he the answer?

Freagle

Boyle was better than him last week. Still, Des sees what he wants to see in him, evidently.

Eagle of London

Premium Member
Then again, there were plenty of Silvertails knocking Api last season.
Yes because Api couldnt pass from dummy half very well. He still can't watching penrith games this year.
That being said his heart and running game is missed but only because of MF and his stupid arse church dance antics. If MF was out there right now we would be saying Api who.

Peter C

Premium Member
Yes because Api couldnt pass from dummy half very well. He still can't watching penrith games this year.
That being said his heart and running game is missed but only because of MF and his stupid arse church dance antics. If MF was out there right now we would be saying Api who.
MF couldn't be out there right now, or anytime in the near future because of his second shoulder operation, might be lucky to play again this year even if the charges are dismissed or found innocent.
We couldn't possibly keep two top quality hookers on our books, so one had to go, and no way it was going to be MF, with all due respect to Api.

Meters per game is the main stat to look at. We know what that is?
Look better than they really are. Less kick return metres.
No point saying he has to go, he has got another year, he could come good, and I don't imagine there's are line up to buy his contract.

R3

Bird gang affiliate
Premium Member
As mentioned already, he’s a Brent Kite project for Des and Don.
He is very physically impressive, this leads to a lot of expectation.
I think he’s currently used similarly to Mark Bryant.
I’m optimistic Paseka will be closer to Kite than Bryant in terms of career potential.

Also, just going off memory
Paseka played for NSW through the junior grades and I’ve heard Freddy Fittler mention a few times he’s glad Paseka has been ‘part of the development’
Not saying he’s ready for origin talk! Just mentioning his rep career might not be for New Zealand or Tonga necessarily

maxta

Premium Member
Everyone can see WHY he is not making an impact...except the big baby Duey himself !!

Start at the back fence - take 5-6 angry pills - Go Full Throttle with only hitting the defensive line hard as possible in mind....after bending the line and crushing 2-3 defenders, get to feet and play the ball as the defence is still trying to adjust - Job done !!

The Who

Premium Member
Everyone can see WHY he is not making an impact...except the big baby Duey himself !!

Start at the back fence - take 5-6 angry pills - Go Full Throttle with only hitting the defensive line hard as possible in mind....after bending the line and crushing 2-3 defenders, get to feet and play the ball as the defence is still trying to adjust - Job done !!
And using this imagery.... I wonder how T Rex is training?

Ron E. Gibbs

All I know is Morgan Boyle has shown way more in the minutes he's played this season than Paseka has. Des and the other coaches must see it differently, otherwise I assume they'd be going with Boyle.

Ron E. Gibbs

He actually reminds me of TREX. All these two need to do is RUN HARD, instead they look like they surrender in a tackles
I get the T-rex comparisons, but don't forget that there was a time when T-rex was almost unstoppable. Yes, it was a brief time, but he was a very good player for Manly, NSW and Australia before things went south. The really frustrating thing is that Paseka hasn't shown anything yet.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Eels 9 8 0 1 114 16
2 Panthers 9 7 1 1 84 15
3 Storm 9 7 0 2 73 14
4 Roosters 9 6 0 3 156 12
5 Knights 9 5 1 3 45 11
6 Rabbitohs 9 5 0 4 34 10
7 Raiders 9 5 0 4 31 10