Tanginoa & Paseka

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I call BS if Taumolo gets knocked back these two are snowflakes chance plus I didn’t think the NFL trials were till February
Could be a college thing? Free degree from Princeton for competing at college level. Most of those blokes never make the nfl

To be honest, the club's set the precedent that if you want out, just ask, and you'll get a free pass, no questions asked, so as an athlete, why wouldn't you whore / shop yourself around to the highest bidder at whatever sport offers it?

Kelly / Green have set a really bad example to the rest of the group.

To be honest, the club's set the precedent that if you want out, just ask, and you'll get a free pass, no questions asked, so as an athlete, why wouldn't you whore / shop yourself around to the highest bidder at whatever sport offers it?

Kelly / Green have set a really bad example to the rest of the group.
But we also got Taupau, Walker and Thompson in similar circumstances. It cuts both ways.

To be brutally honest,who gives a "F"? Just my opinion..but after looking at all the current squads(and yes,I am not an NRL coach) I think there is enough talent in all sides in the NRL that if I was a coach I would be confident in my own abilities to get a side into the finals.I would be looking at that as a major talking up point as a guy looking to get hired.People on here talking about Des as getting a pass mark for finishing 10-12th...no thanks.....Des would be expecting more than that loser talk....And yes,players may go,but I would have enough confidence in my ability to deal with that issue(silvertails supporters expect nothing less).

Last edited:
To be brutally honest,who gives a "F"? Just my opinion..but after looking at all the current squads(and yes,I am not an NRL coach) I think there is enough talent in all sides in the NRL that if I was a coach I would be confident in my own abilities to get a side into the finals.I would be looking at that as a major talking up point as a guy looking to get hired.People on here talking about Des as getting a pass mark for finishing 10-12th...no thanks.....Des would be expecting more than that loser talk....And yes,players may go,but I would have enough confidence in my ability to deal with that issue(silvertails supporters expect nothing less).

Smokin, you are right BUT our issue is depth.

Take for example , the Dragons this year.

Absolutely on fire until they started copping a few injuries and then struggled and limped into the finals but were never the same again.

Our top 17 can match most sides but watch us when we get 2-3 major injuries, like this year we will still fall away regardless of the coach.

When we have say 19-21 regular First Graders with most jockeying for a start we will be a force again.

I see us doing MUCH better in 2019 as I’m sure defence will be better but my above point I think is fair considering our player roster.

Mental toughness is the one area where the coaching staff and particularly Des should be able to instill or promote better for next season "s campaign . Hopefully also a better fitness regime can get the squad into an improved mindset to focus better when the inevitable pressure is really on at crucial times in matches next season as well .

Absolutely on fire until they started copping a few injuries and then struggled and limped into the finals but were never the same again.
I agree that depth is our concern and that injuries played a role in the Dragons losing steam at the back end of the year.
But in my mind, the Dragons were on fire until the NRL told the referees to stop blowing penalties. From that point on, the Dragons struggled while the likes of the Storm, Roosters and Souths dominated (each going on a 9-2 run).

Genuine question... How so?

Just my opinion ....

In the forwards the only player from last year we might miss is Lane .... and I think Tanginoa, Paska and Sipley will be genuine FG'ers this year and I (personal opinion) think that Waddell and Keppie are the real deal .... Hopefull GoJetSki lifts as well .... and if Winterstein is the worst we have ... I am happy ...

Backs ... Just think the young blokes from last year will be better for the run and excited about some of the new youngsters .... It is just a matter of we lost a few depth players but have replaced them with some real quality players with more than just depth potential ...

Whilst we might bemoan the loss of Tom Wright, Hastings and Lussick ... the fact is none of these blokes contributed FA last year ....

and Elgey, Fainu, Hodko and Cust more depth than just Crocker last year ....

Last edited:
My mail is Paseka has just been given an NFL contract (Colts?) And Tanginoa in serious contention. Could be wrong
As I mentioned, the NFL knocked back Jason Taumalolo.
There's no chance nuffies like Tanginoa and Paseka get a gig over the likes of him.

Also, if your Des, give other guys an opportunity now if this is true. Paseka and Tanginoa can play in reggies.

It's getting really, really hard to actually feel attached to the team with players who are as loyal as piss.

The notion that Taumalolo couldn't get a gig in the NFL so no chance Tanginoa and Paseka more so illustrates some naivety about the desired attributes of NFL players. Taumalolo is an outstanding NRL player but doesn't really fit the body shape of any NFL player. The same argument could have been said about Taumalolo and Mailata as Mailata was down right average as an NRL player so I dont see that as a valid argument. Tanginoa trialled in the combine although he also doesn't likely have a position in the NFL from what I am told. Paseka though as 6'6" and athletic could have a very real shot.

That said, he has not yet been given an NFL contract from what Im told. While probably not worth a lot these days Im reliably informed that Paseka's future will be put to rest shortly.

Kelepi is probably the definition of a depth player. Someone who I think will never be a star or in demand from any other team, but probably plays above their pay grade. I like him.

Kelepi is probably the definition of a depth player. Someone who I think will never be a star or in demand from any other team, but probably plays above their pay grade. I like him.
Plenty of past examples of pocket battleship types who have played key roles for premiership winning outfits. Seemed to be on the verge of a breakout season this year until injury hit. Fingers crossed he kicks on.

Smokin, you are right BUT our issue is depth.

Our top 17 can match most sides but watch us when we get 2-3 major injuries, like this year we will still fall away regardless of the coach.

When we have say 19-21 regular First Graders with most jockeying for a start we will be a force again.

I see us doing MUCH better in 2019 as I’m sure defence will be better but my above point I think is fair considering our player roster.
No worries mate,but I think we have depth,it is just underperforming depth and some inexperience...(hopefully Des will and should improve that).Sharks only have 19 guys who have even played a first grade game,roosters have 20/21.The roosters won a grand final but take a couple of key guys out with injuries and they are toast,same as the Broncos.All sides bar a couple are thin on depth,welcome to the new age.....As to the Dragons,their season faltered when Widdop got injured,not depth.Hunt proved he can not handle it on his own whether he earns a mill a season or not.When Widdop came back they beat the broncos easily but then bowed out after he injured his shoulder again.I guess that is why the roosters were so desperate to have Cronk in the GF.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6