Tanginoa & Paseka

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mailata is huge - 203cm, 157kg (!!) and does 40 yards in 5 seconds. That is significantly bigger than any other NRL player at the moment. As far as I can tell he is on a comparitively modest contract for an NFL player as well.

If a shred of this story is true, I will be amazed if either of these guys earn a contract.

Meanwhile, the NRL would do well to scout players from US colleges like AFL have managed to do, with Mason Cox being the most notable example.
And the NFL told him to bulk up because he was too small

There are a zillion quality athletes in America who have played the sport since they were 5 years old that don't get a look in.....highly doubtful either will make the cut....
If they did, it's bad as a supporter, but good luck as they have just set themselves up for life....but not overly concerned it will pan out that way.

Well while we are all taking rumours seriously, I read somewhere Marty and AFB are leaving.
And Perrett is being moved on.
So it looks like Sipley and Keppie are our starting props, with Frankie coming off the bench supported by ... gee.. maybe Jorge? lol
Nope - Sipley is home sick and wants back at the Warriors and Kelpie has dreams of becoming a vet - both goorne.

That leaves Tom to move to front row with Parker.

Manly's front row stocks would look thin
Martin Taupau
Fonua-Blake
Tofoafoa Sipley
Lloyd Perret
Sean Keppie

I read somewhere here on ST that Frank Winterstein is big enough to play front. It may become a reality. Jake T could play in the middle without any problems.

.... so could Tom ... @:mask:

As I mentioned, the NFL knocked back Jason Taumalolo.
There's no chance nuffies like Tanginoa and Paseka get a gig over the likes of him.

Also, if your Des, give other guys an opportunity now if this is true. Paseka and Tanginoa can play in reggies.

It's getting really, really hard to actually feel attached to the team with players who are as loyal as piss.

Mailata is being trained up as a tackle. It is pretty rare to see NRL players with the build to make it on the lines for NFL, perhaps Taumalolo would have also done ok there.

There’s only so many running back and returner positions and the NRL guys are way behind on game knowledge compared to those who’ve played through high school and college over there. Also, they have so many good athletes I think it would take someone really special to make it as a legitimate offensive weapon in the NFL after playing NRL through the juniors.

lol

It's like when something actually happens such as Val going to try out in the NFL (notice the lack of accurate scoops the media had on this) the trash drawer of the 'sports' media think: "How can I take this news and use it to start an anti manly rumour?"

Voila: "4500 Manly players definitely 100% maybe going to the nfl."

Tossers

I can see Winterstein being moved to front row regardless. He just doesn't seem to get how back row is played. Well under Barrett any way, I won't say half the issue wasn't coaching as out back row was different under Baz.

As a player he appears way to robotic on the field for back row or centre. Just no instinct what so ever. I am pretty sure he won a league NYC Grand final, I dont think union can get all the blame.

If he isn't moved on, what DES does with Winter will be interesting.

Getting him to just cart the ball up, is worth a shot. He is more mobile then most front rower.

And he can't stay in the backrower.

Funny how all these Manly players are apparently leaving... i bet they all stay. Tangles in the nfl get out of here same with that lump paseka

I can see Winterstein being moved to front row regardless. He just doesn't seem to get how back row is played. Well under Barrett any way, I won't say half the issue wasn't coaching as out back row was different under Baz.

As a player he appears way to robotic on the field for back row or centre. Just no instinct what so ever. I am pretty sure he won a league NYC Grand final, I dont think union can get all the blame.

If he isn't moved on, what DES does with Winter will be interesting.

Getting him to just cart the ball up, is worth a shot. He is more mobile then most front rower.

And he can't stay in the backrower.
Thats exactly what he should do. Make him run like he did trex

My mail is Paseka has just been given an NFL contract (Colts?) And Tanginoa in serious contention. Could be wrong

It was the memorizing and adhering to the inch specific plays that Hayne couldn't handle.

NRL players have so much latitude in 'playing what's in front of them'. Zero of that in the NFL :shake:

That Souths Junior is a huge man and Kelepi especially falls short.
Paseka could build up but lacks aggression. Hard to see either push a US player aside @:cool:

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9