Tamou & Fifita

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tamou is washed. Based on this year I really wouldn't play him in front of any of our plodders (Keppie, Sipley etc). That's saying something

And I don't see him as a role model. Doesn't come across as a intelligent guy and obviously lost his cool the other day.

Haven't seen enough of Fifita to comment.
Actually I think he is pretty intelligent. He (paradoxically) came across very well after his blow-up at the ref. He has certainly matured a lot since he first came on the scene.

He has played some halves/hooker , good defender,our defence is the main issue fix it and our attack will improve hard to attack starting your set in our own 10m, bring a Fulton/ GCKT on the bench 14 ,Props Jake,Alioa,Paseka , Keppie,( Toff and Bully both off contact next year)
Yeah his defence is decent, scoots about, enough footy to worry oppositions, seems to love his footy and is around the ball often
our big props need more work out of the back row. lawnton, oku and davey for mine
jake at 8

Actually I think he is pretty intelligent. He (paradoxically) came across very well after his blow-up at the ref. He has certainly matured a lot since he first came on the scene.
Fair enough.

Either way I would rather have Marty if the money was similar.

For what it is worth

Old Man Fifita v Manly plodders Running metres Manly V Sharks

Fifita 14 runs 110 metres
Sipley 5........28 metres
Taupau 8........67 metres
Deluis 4...........32 metres
Bullemor 8.........53metres
Aloia 16 ...........131 metres

Our props have no go forward . No wonder we have not gone anywhere this season
To be fair to our blokes @BOZO, the Sharks forwards only got big numbers because the Manly guys could not tackle them lol

Three players would change our prospects dramatically.

A hard nose prop , Klemmer would be perfect or yes McLean.

A running hooker , much much harder to find , pity Api signed with the Tigers

A strike centre , yes also hard to find , dunno maybe Best

Otherwise I think we can full the rest from below.

We don’t need major changes , just tweaks

Move Jake to prop and bring a 13 in good defender,leg speed , good motor hopefully some ball skills, firstly will improve our middle defence have Jake, Froggy and new 13 on the field most of the time
I can’t believe we will never see this, despite needing it for years

We do not have a running Hooker
And props are not meter eaters like the top contenders
This is a huge liability

If Our pack does not pack a punch
We wont be knocking any one over in 2023 . Stop blaming my mate DCE !
You are 100% correct Bozo, Forwards win matches in the NRL these days due to the new rules , You need the momentum to unleash the backline. I agree also about DCE, No half could win matches off their own back if forwards are being dominated in the ruck. Croker also looks a more complete player at 9 when we are winning the ruck, Also stops Turbo taking hitups like he was in first 6 rounds.

Why are they dickheads? I don't recall either doing anything untoward? Tamou called the referee exactly what we all think....
..and Fifita is not the only one to associate with bad boys.

So let’s put out the offers.

NYEagle

I actually see Fifita as the perfect fit at MAN well in terms of a forward leader anyway. There's no question his best playing days are behind him. But as a leader I just think he oozes the stuff. He's one a gf and knows what it takes. If you think back he was the first one who chose a 2nd tier country over playing for NSW and the riches that brings and he was probably the best prop in the game when he made that call. Hard to see our Islander boys and blokes like AOA not respecting this bloke. Where is his playing ability at now and how much on field presence is the question. But even off the bench he'd add value to our team in a massive way. A leader helping our forward boys actually play like united men is more important in my eyes any way.

Let’s recruit the Captain of the wooden spooners PLUS a guy who admits he is washed up but could squeak another year (from some gullible club) before returning to the sharks post footy which he stated on ABC radio this morning.

Come on folks we are better than this.

Let’s recruit the Captain of the wooden spooners PLUS a guy who admits he is washed up but could squeak another year (from some gullible club) before returning to the sharks post footy which he stated on ABC radio this morning.

Sometimes I think people start these types of”let’s sign this player”threads just for profiling purposes,to sort the wheat from the chaff.Because nobody in their right mind would consider either of these two

I thought it's about now that they go to the UK for a final payment.

There's a few variables in there I guess.

If clubs here are saying 'yeah well...let's get 'em for 200k' and the Uk beckons for 500+, well off to old blighty they go.

Though family issues, etc, may keep them home.

I forgot my point....

Oh yeah... no real offence to the two mentioned, but we can and will hopefully do better.

Are we better than this though ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8