talkinsport

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Cameron said:
Lol I think I have got under his skin because he's been caught out for the liar his :) I guess the truth hurts mr I

How sensationAl am I having made the ignore list of a lying
Troll!!!!! Winning

MrInvisible said:
Moreso ask those that claim I wrote something terrible about Snake to back up their claims.

MRIPostatkennel29April2012.jpg

Its there in black and white posted at the kennel on April 29.

Someone might want to quote this as im now apparently on his banned list.

Mr Invisible is a LIAR

Yes it certainly shows the excuse/explanation of this statement that he made the other day on this site weak. But that has been the experience, the guy wont own up to making a poor call. Anthony Watmough assaulting a sponsors daughter at the season launch anyone?

I struggle to see how his statement - when taken in context of his post can relate to anything else than the court case

The Eagle

First Grader
voicefromthehill said:
Cameron said:
Lol I think I have got under his skin because he's been caught out for the liar his :) I guess the truth hurts mr I

Troll!!!!! Winning

MrInvisible said:
Moreso ask those that claim I wrote something terrible about Snake to back up their claims.

Mr Invisible is a LIAR

Yes it certainly shows the excuse/explanation of this statement that he made the other day on this site weak. But that has been the experience, the guy wont own up to making a poor call. Anthony Watmough assaulting a sponsors daughter at the season launch anyone?

I struggle to see how his statement - when taken in context of his post can relate to anything else than the court case

Herp de derp de diddly derp de dumb

Brett Stewart was tried by a jury of his peers and found not guilty

A cloud still hangs over belmore for their alleged misconduct in Coffs Harbour

Vyssini

Reserve Grader
voicefromthehill said:
Cameron said:

Troll!!!!! Winning

MrInvisible said:

Mr Invisible is a LIAR

Question for Mrs Visible- In view of your little comment highlighted above re "Not trusting Snake and them and their club", and the strident defence of Snake by de$ at the time, (including as a witness in the trial) would it be fair then to assume that you believe your franchises' current head coach is a liar? Or simply someone you don't trust?

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
torana355 said:
They are calling you naive right now Berks. They say forwards don't get more then 300k because they only play 40mins a game.
So I'm naive lol
A lot of backrowers play 80 min
He is disputing Kasiano 400k is he and TRex 600k
Hughes is so full of himself

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
I love Hughes theory just because Canterbury and Melbourne got caught they were unlucky because everyone's apparently rorting the cap.

Do we have any coppers on here? I Wonder how the defense everyone speeds would go if I got caught speeding?

the mauler

Bencher
Finally Mrs I's true colours for all to see. That's just the tip of the iceberg of his disgusting comments about our club. Hel be on here threatening legal action before you know it..... Grub.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Jethro said:
I PMed him the link earlier on tonight but if anyone else wishes to have another read, the link is as follows:

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Stewart-Case-updates-no-speculation-please

Suggest you have a look at this Mr I before you shoot your mouth off about something you know nothing about.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
MadMarcus said:
Jethro said:
I PMed him the link earlier on tonight but if anyone else wishes to have another read, the link is as follows:

Suggest you have a look at this Mr I before you shoot your mouth off about something you know nothing about.

I PMed him the link back on Friday the 4th May, in response to an earlier post on the subject in the "Dogs miss out again" thread http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Dogs-miss-out-again?pid=406428#pid406428 , as it appeared (like the other non-Silvertails posters at the time of the court case and the events leading up to that point) that he was making his judgement on Brett on incorrect reports that had been in the media. Following my sending him the link, I don't think that I have seen him make another similar negative post again towards Brett (unless someone can point some out that I have missed).

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Jethro said:
I PMed him the link back on Friday the 4th May, in response to an earlier post on the subject in the "Dogs miss out again" thread http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Dogs-miss-out-again?pid=406428#pid406428 , as it appeared (like the other non-Silvertails posters at the time of the court case and the events leading up to that point) that he was making his judgement on Brett on incorrect reports that had been in the media. Following my sending him the link, I don't think that I have seen him make another similar negative post again towards Brett (unless someone can point some out that I have missed).

If he has read the reports he should fully understand why we are so offended by his comments from the kennel as quoted above. I must admit I have not read every post he has made but I have not seen any retraction or apology, just some weak argument about "slippery Stewart" being a reference to Snake's ability to avoid would-be tacklers.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
The only slippery on is mr I he comes here trying to take the moral high ground and makes out hes here for league discussion then goes back over to the kennel and bags our club and us.

If I wanted to talk general league stuff I wouldn't go to another clubs forum I'd go somewhere like lu or rleague. They only come here to try and rub our nose in the whole des thing.

Their even joking over at the kennel today about coming over here and starting fake rumours. Before anyone has a crack at me for going over there berks saw it and sent me the link on twitter via DM.

Jethro said:
MadMarcus said:
Jethro said:

I suggest that it isn't that he has made the same insinuation - rather that he has tried to excuse what he has said as us mis-understanding him.

MrInvisible said:
Struth I honestly don't know if I should be flawed or flattered. Have I really made it big enough here to deserve my own thread amongst the players of Manly - surely NOT!?

1947, if you must know I float in and out of here, if I sat on here all the time commenting on everything I'd be considered a troll.

If I don't comment on everything here I'm also considered a troll.

See the connundrum?

Is it hatred against me, or an obsession over me, I'm not sure either way but it's worrying.

torana355 said:
Top End Eagle, just add him to your ignore list. I do agree with you about seeing straight though his lies though, one trip to the kennel was all it took for me to see the filth he posts about our team and players over there. One post in particular about Snake was the breaking point for me so i put him on ignore. If we all ignore him he wont post here anymore ;)
You mean where I referenced him as "Slippery Stewart"

Guess what? http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/premiers-issue-storm-warning-as-title-race-hots-up-20120601-1znrv.html

Take a look at the caption of that photo referring to Stewart as "Slippery Snake".

Because, you know, snakes can slip away from defenders.

That caption is used in the same way my comments where. If you choose to take that another way because it furthur drives your hate train towards me, then so be it.
PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
He's propably having a kebab in lakemba somewhere.
4 pages and only one racial stereotype. Not bad.

In a cruel twist of irony, I'm actually closer to Brookvale than Belmore.

I'm sure you'd be suprised at my actual geographic location, and what team I SHOULD support.

That said I'll answer another two questions here:
Q1. Why do I support the Bulldogs?
A1. My great grandparents and grandparents have lived around the Canterbury area all their lives. Great grandparents were Bulldogs supporters, my grandparents are Bulldogs supporters and they used to take us grandkids down to all the local matches at Belmore. For us it's almost a family tradition that goes way back.

Q2. Why are you here?
A2. I've answered this before. On a supporters site you generally get one eyed or coloured glasses replies. I think it's far more interesting to talk football with not only your own supporters but with supporters of other clubs. You get an entirely different (albeit sometimes conflicting) viewpoint on different issues surrounding the game.

I don't see what the problem is to be honest.

The fact that you sent him the link would indicate you thought he was referencing the false accusations.

The response he provided here is clearly making a poor excuse, and not being willing to say either

a - I was wrong
b - I have my own opinion

But silence is also welcome on this issue.

Jethro

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
voicefromthehill said:
Jethro said:
MadMarcus said:
Jethro said:

I suggest that it isn't that he has made the same insinuation - rather that he has tried to excuse what he has said as us mis-understanding him.

MrInvisible said:
Struth I honestly don't know if I should be flawed or flattered. Have I really made it big enough here to deserve my own thread amongst the players of Manly - surely NOT!?

1947, if you must know I float in and out of here, if I sat on here all the time commenting on everything I'd be considered a troll.

If I don't comment on everything here I'm also considered a troll.

See the connundrum?

Is it hatred against me, or an obsession over me, I'm not sure either way but it's worrying.

torana355 said:
Top End Eagle, just add him to your ignore list. I do agree with you about seeing straight though his lies though, one trip to the kennel was all it took for me to see the filth he posts about our team and players over there. One post in particular about Snake was the breaking point for me so i put him on ignore. If we all ignore him he wont post here anymore ;)
You mean where I referenced him as "Slippery Stewart"

Guess what? http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/premiers-issue-storm-warning-as-title-race-hots-up-20120601-1znrv.html

Take a look at the caption of that photo referring to Stewart as "Slippery Snake".

Because, you know, snakes can slip away from defenders.

That caption is used in the same way my comments where. If you choose to take that another way because it furthur drives your hate train towards me, then so be it.
PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
He's propably having a kebab in lakemba somewhere.
4 pages and only one racial stereotype. Not bad.

In a cruel twist of irony, I'm actually closer to Brookvale than Belmore.

I'm sure you'd be suprised at my actual geographic location, and what team I SHOULD support.

That said I'll answer another two questions here:
Q1. Why do I support the Bulldogs?
A1. My great grandparents and grandparents have lived around the Canterbury area all their lives. Great grandparents were Bulldogs supporters, my grandparents are Bulldogs supporters and they used to take us grandkids down to all the local matches at Belmore. For us it's almost a family tradition that goes way back.

Q2. Why are you here?
A2. I've answered this before. On a supporters site you generally get one eyed or coloured glasses replies. I think it's far more interesting to talk football with not only your own supporters but with supporters of other clubs. You get an entirely different (albeit sometimes conflicting) viewpoint on different issues surrounding the game.

I don't see what the problem is to be honest.

The fact that you sent him the link would indicate you thought he was referencing the false accusations.

The response he provided here is clearly making a poor excuse, and not being willing to say either

a - I was wrong
b - I have my own opinion

But silence is also welcome on this issue.

voicefromthehill, I really don't know whether you wanted a response from me or MrInvisible or both of us but the first sentence of your response following MrInvisible's quote seemed to me that maybe you wanted one from me too.

Your statement "The fact that you sent him the link would indicate you thought he was referencing the false accusations." is true. I did feel that he was referencing the false accusations tabled against Brett, however, I also knew that he wouldn't have had the benefit that we all had here at Silvertails of being able to know the whole story that came out in court (with a big thank-you again to DSM5 for providing us those daily reports from the courthouse) and that he would only have had what was played out in the media to make his opinion.

For that reason, I sent him the link so that he could read the reports and hopefully throw a different light into the Brett Stewart court case and alieviate any negative views that he may or may not have had.

Hi Jethro, was responding to your post. But not looking for a response, afterall no one cares what I think..Save putting massive quotes in there I will just paraphrase.

Your post indicated you had sent MrI the link in May, and you further stated "I don't think I have seen him make another similar comment - unless someone can point some out I may have missed" I believed I could shed some light on that point/question

I agree - I do not believe he has posted similar since. I did however know that he tried to excuse his previous statements, that is highlighted in his post 2 June. 1 month after your dealings with him

A reasonable review of the facts as shown by,

1 Camerons post
2 your acknowledgement that you tried to share more information with him prior to this,

would indicate he is trying to make a very weak excuse for his (BOD - previousl uninformed) opinion. Indicating that readers of his post merely mis-understood, rather than acknowledging he was either mis-informed, or that he does not agree with anothers opinion. I just don't like it when people take others for fools

Hope that clears up why I responded

Cheers
VFTH

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Today's topic on talkinsport
Movies titles that have a connection to rugby league
Example
The Great escape = golden point

bones

Bones Knows
Liar Liar - Bill Harrigan denying he told Trent Barrett it was no try.
We Bought A Zoo - Russell Crowe
Unfaithful - The Matt Johns or Andrew Ettingshausen story.
In Her Shoes - Nate Myles

Staff online

• Jethro

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18