Tales from Tigertown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On game days there isn't much more tactical that a coach can give his players so it becomes a time for last minute motivation. The problem for Madge is that his players just don't seem to respond to his brand of motivational speeches. Most of the time they look like they have tuned out to him, kinda like kids having to sit (or stand) through a school assembly listening to the principal waffling on.

I suspect that tactical meetings with coaches and players are the type of things that end up on the cutting room floor, so to speak. Giving away their "secrets" wouldn't be part of the TV deal.

Oh, and IMO if they decide to build the team around Adam Doueihi ... they won't win a premiership anytime soon unless they have someone like Turbo coming through their ranks that they actually manage to hold on to. Yes he's a good player, but he's not going to lead them to Grand Final glory.

Last edited:
So true....madge is the only one in the room that thinks they can do what he's spruiker. The players know they haven't got the team capable of doing what he's asking.....it's in their faces.
I find it a real cack.

The Tuggers have allowed a ton of talent to pass through their club in the past few years. Had they been able to retain the likes of Ado-Carr, Teddy, Moses, Fifita etc they would have been a real premiership force.
They have no problem in bringing good players through the junior ranks, it's keeping them at the club that is the issue, along with paying 'overs' to try to chase a quick fix.

Really the NRL should of relocated them 5 years ago.

I liked the first episode, the 2nd one I hated and wont watch the 3rd.

Really the NRL should of relocated them 5 years ago.

I liked the first episode, the 2nd one I hated and wont watch the 3rd.
What is deflating about The Wild west Tales from Tiger town is No results . No Glory

Any motivational Tale without a winning team is an anti climax

It is all motivational talk and no action from the players on the field

If the tigers were winning their tales would have been taken more seriously

They should rename this documentary Fairy tails from Tiger town

Shows that Madge is a goose to have allowed this show to happen. Can’t imagine that Des would ever have agreed and to be filmed criticising his players during matches the way I’ve seen on the show. So glad we didn’t sign him. Can’t stand the way he addresses his players. Dead man walking.

What is deflating about The Wild west Tales from Tiger town is No results . No Glory

Any motivational Tale without a winning team is an anti climax

It is all motivational talk and no action from the players on the field

If the tigers were winning their tales would have been taken more seriously

They should rename this documentary Fairy tails from Tiger town
Madge is all about motivation, you need more than just a motivational speaker.

Madge is all about motivation, you need more than just a motivational speaker.
You cannot motivate a donkey to win you the melbourne cup

Madge is a proven premiership winner with the right players that can win it for him

Surely Maguire gets sacked straight after the thrashing by the dogs.

He is schiit.
Can’t disagree ... other that to say only ONE man could be worse as a “ coach” or pretend coach... TBaz
What a team these two would make.. they should open up a coaching consultancy company for clubs wanting to be relegated 😂 or coaches wanting out of their current contracts 😜

McGuire clearly put his heart and soul into the club, but it was not enough. There are too many coaches that have failed over the past decade at the Tugers to put all the blame on them. There must be a systemic problem within the club. They have almost as many juniors as do the Strawberry Milkshakes and they have blooded a host a players who have left and gone on to fame with other clubs.
My suggestion is that they adopt a policy of 'local juniors first' in which they give priority to those players who grew up in the system and keep recruitment of outsiders to a bare minimum. I'm sure within three season they would have a different culture and be a real threat in the comp.

the tigers problem wasnt the coach it was their recruitment, 800k each for the likes of mbye, josh reynolds, russell packer, joey leilua all on long deals 3 million of your salary cap on players who are not even starters

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8