Sykes & Myers ... under the radar ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Okay, I confess to knowing nothing about these 2 lads ... other than they are in the team photo.

We have all heard of the Fainu's, Fulton, Fifita, Gordon Cum Chum etc .. but these 2 seem to have flown well below radar height ..

Can somebody please bring us up to speed on them ...

Are they contenders .. or space fillers ?

PSS .. Congratulations to both of them for making the squad.

Last edited:
Seen Sykes on a few occasions , good old school type prop play . Seems to have a good motor and work ethic , not slow and more then prepared to get into the grind . Not a power runner but not a bad yardage forward and reliable in defence . Well at least in the Reggies . Have not seen Fletcher - Myers at all , just know that the Knights were not keen to lose him . looks a quite athletic type outside back and apparently has gone well in the lower grades showing some real ability . No idea how well he goes in defence but just on current indications , looks a genuinely good prospect

Okay, I confess to knowing nothing about these 2 lads ... other than they are in the team photo.

We have all heard of the Fainu's, Fulton, Fifita, Gordon Cum Chum etc .. but these 2 seem to have flown well below radar height ..

I reckon they will be very handy men Woodise. Oh wait, that's Mack and Myer. Never mind.

Myers is a lean, fast quality centre who is equally at home as a fullback and represented NSW juniors in the 1 position, we were in a tug of war with a few clubs and got him from Newcastle.
He will definitely get a chance in trials and would be super excited if he was able to make the step up and partner Koala in the centres....a fast exciting centre pairing would be great and I personally won't be suprised if the kid gets a few gigs in 2023.
Sykes is your "only knows 1 way to run" style player, big unit who runs direct and hard, but imo is more a NSW cup player who would only fill in with a few injuries, but will get a gig in trials.

Last edited:
Myers is a lean, fast quality centre who is equally at home as a fullback and represented NSW in the 1 position, we were in a tug of war with a few clubs and got him from Newcastle.
He will definitely get a chance in trials and would be super excited if he was able to make the step up and partner Koala in the centres....a fast exciting centre pairing would be great and I personally won't be suprised if the kid gets a few gigs in 2023.
Sykes is your "only knows 1 way to run" style player, big unit who runs direct and hard, but imo is more a NSW cup player who would only fill in with a few injuries, but will get a gig in trials.
Yep, agree with all of this.

Think Fletcher-Myers has a first grade career in front of him whilst Sykes may play some first grade

I reckon they will be very handy men Woodise. Oh wait, that's Mack and Myer. Never mind.
ADC6951C-E513-470D-84EA-3DFC5564E6A9.jpeg

1E2F955A-36B8-4229-9185-BB05038E273A.jpeg

PSS .. Congratulations to both of them for making the squad.
Certainly these two are well below the radars at the old RAAF radar station at Beacon Hill.

That’s an air/surface search radar in the foreground, with the height finding radar behind:
02868B2E-68FD-4E51-A3BA-707DCAE2A758.jpeg

Both were dismantled c.Apr ‘74. For those too young to remember, the Station was located on the south side of Warringah Rd, near the border with Frenchs’ Forest. The Raafy Chappies’ (presumably the Chappettes were accommodated there too) accommodation was located between the Antler Hotel and the old Skyline Drive-In further west. Their social and entertainment requirements were thus taken care of.

Now back on topic.

I like the sound of both these young guys. Luck permitting, there is certainly plenty of development in both, and great attitudes look to be in place on and off field. I hope our coaching staff can get them to their best.

Fletcher (Jones) Meyers had a really good dig tonight until he put his head on the Souths player’s shoulder as he fell to earth.

He knew which lines to run which is more than can be said for Tippytoes
Hope his head is OK. That move he put on when he accelerated then threw the ball back inside for Toby was quite exceptional. Surely he'll be a regular 1st grader within a year or two (or sooner)

Hope his head is OK. That move he put on when he accelerated then threw the ball back inside for Toby was quite exceptional. Surely he'll be a regular 1st grader within a year or two (or sooner)
He made many solid plays, but that was the moment you went "yep, this kid has ability" and also a great burst of speed, with the vision to complete the try with the deft inside ball at pace...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4