Surrounded by BS on here.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
FFS I get that so many are disappointed right now. I get that you feel let down but PLEASE the BS moaning and behatching is bordering on sad.

Out of everyone on here there are probably only 2 or 3 posters with any if not tenuous links to inside knowledge at the club.

WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHATS GOING ON OR WHO'S FAULT IT IS.

Sure it could be all Des. Or perhaps it's Penn or maybe its DCE or the trainers or the funking milkman.

Its so negative here with a real poison feeling. Most of you are just like me and know nothing for sure but wow you really like putting people down and playing the blame game.

One things for sure we are struggling. We have most of our attack out and thanks to rumours and social media we are again a basket case.

FFS I get that so many are disappointed right now. I get that you feel let down but PLEASE the BS moaning and behatching is bordering on sad.

Out of everyone on here there are probably only 2 or 3 posters with any if not tenuous links to inside knowledge at the club.

Sure it could be all Des. Or perhaps it's Penn or maybe its DCE or the trainers or the funking milkman.

Its so negative here with a real poison feeling. Most of you are just like me and know nothing for sure but wow you really like putting people down and playing the blame game.

One things for sure we are struggling. We have most of our attack out and thanks to rumours and social media we are again a basket case.
It’s truly staggering the vilification aimed at some of the Manly players and staff, especially the coach.
Facts seem almost irrelevant to some...but it creates good theatre I suppose.
Really hope we can turn a corner and debate something positive

So what's your point?
Many views on here are providing suggestions as to how the club can get out of this slump. Most of these views are based on watching our beloved club for many decades, so our views are based on experience.
You are right in one respect, we don't know exactly why we keep selecting certain players and ignoring others. It would be nice if the club provided members with an explanation rather than let the speculation intensify.
The performances we have seen over the past month have not been worthy of a Sea Eagles team. It seems as if we fans care about our success more than some of the players and the coaching staff.

20200714_014802.jpg

Unfortunately except for last year, we have been a basket case from the time in 2014 when were primed to win the minor premiership to getting smashed in the semi final against Souths( sound familiar?)
I also think we were hoping Des would be the coach we had back in the 2007-2012 era, but is showing himself to be more like the coach the Bulldogs were happy to let go.
I have no knowledge of what is happening within the club, but it is sad to see poor performances week after week, as well as nothing positive coming from management to suggest things will improve.
As a supporter for 50 years, it is very disheartening to see the downward spiral without any clear plan moving forward.

All due respect to your positivity @Eagle of London.

What is concerning for our club is we got absolutely hammered and one of our worst defeats in the history of the club yesterday.

How we got to this stage when there have been players getting picked despite how poorly they play has been hard to stomach and understand as a devoted supporter of the club.

The negativity/ poison you mention is people who are expressing their view of an under performing team, injuries aside we have a squad of 30 that has people planning for these situations.

When you get a club that has suffered more hardship due to covid like the warriors turning up and playing for each other week in week out says something about the attitude in our club at the moment.

Communication stops innuendo and rumours, if the club communicated player selections and reasoning of the selections there would be no innuendo/ rumours.

What is concerning for our club is we got absolutely hammered and one of our worst defeats in the history of the club yesterday.

How we got to this stage when there have been players getting picked despite how poorly they play has been hard to stomach and understand as a devoted supporter of the club.

The negativity/ poison you mention is people who are expressing their view of an under performing team, injuries aside we have a squad of 30 that has people planning for these situations.

When you get a club that has suffered more hardship due to covid like the warriors turning up and playing for each other week in week out says something about the attitude in our club at the moment.

Communication stops innuendo and rumours, if the club communicated player selections and reasoning of the selections there would be no innuendo/ rumours.
Bingo

I think all of us just want the club to be in a good place and right now we are in a bit of pain due to the injury crisis, poor form, lack of leadership and direction and how we are managing our roster and our young players.

Experience of 45 years of watching this great club has taught me a few things. Manly punch above their weight compared to our rivals who have far greater resources that we have.

Our club is based on a foundation of working hard, having a crack and playing an attacking brand of football.

The last 50 years or so has seen 8 premierships and so many finals appearances and its been on the back of what I mention above.

During our great eras we have seen young players emerge and become legends.

If you remember our last premiership in 2011, in 2010 we finished 8th and it was fortunate that we made the finals. We blooded Foran and young Hoppa that year and in 2011 we brought in DCE who again was a rookie and mixed in with some great players from our 08 win the team did so well.

Fast forward to 2020 and we in a position where there needs to be a careful look at how our roster is functioning and where we can improve it.

The thing that really sticks out is our poor recruitment especially since 2014 where too many good players were let go and we signed a guy who chose to leave for the money and gave him an outrageous contract that has us in a difficult position for the next couple of years as we have some gaps in the team that need to be addressed.

I know that a lot of the chat at times is negative. I for one have tried to be objective in my comments as like all of you I am passionate for our cause.

I want to see 17 guys having a red hot dig every week and seeing new blood promoted on merit which keeps things evolving. I feel right now we are not evolving and that is my main gripe with the coaching team. We have untapped quality and we need to know if they can cut it.

This season is gone, time to chance our arm and give some of the boys a go. To not do so is harming our future and risking these prospects leaving the club.

The ball is in the coaches court! We are decimated by injuries to major players we need to see some alternatives to what is being shown right now by the honest but restricted players on display!!

A loss like last night is incredibly disheartening and feels like a kick in the chest to a proud supporter.
It seems though that on here this year, unless you rant and rave, blame people, call the players flogs or worse etc, swear like a sailor while and demand the coach be sacked, then you are happy with mediocrity, enjoy losing and are not a true fan.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
Last night was the worst I've ever seen I'm sure it cut every single Manly supporter to the bone.
We all express emotions differently I know but let's support each other, and continue to support or team while we ride out this horrible season.
Negativity breeds negativity and there's so much of it on here.
2020 sucks.
But.....
Manly Forever.
The tide will turn.

Am I the only one that remembers some of the beatings we got back in 2004/5? I remember we had 60 or so points put on us at Penrith one night.
Point I am making is that we have been here before. With the same criticism of the coach, roster and owners. And then look what happened. Am I disappointed at the moment? Of course I am. Last night was embarrassing. But I’ll be watching again next week, and the week after. And next year. We’ll recover, we always do, but we just need to hold fast in the meantime.

Unfortunately except for last year, we have been a basket case from the time in 2014 when were primed to win the minor premiership to getting smashed in the semi final against Souths( sound familiar?)
I also think we were hoping Des would be the coach we had back in the 2007-2012 era, but is showing himself to be more like the coach the Bulldogs were happy to let go.
I have no knowledge of what is happening within the club, but it is sad to see poor performances week after week, as well as nothing positive coming from management to suggest things will improve.
As a supporter for 50 years, it is very disheartening to see the downward spiral without any clear plan moving forward.
Funny you mention it because after 15 min last night I thought I might have accidentally flicked on a replay of that semi... our up-and-in defence got shown up as being weak as p*as that night yet here we are 5 years later and not much has changed - well it has, we have gone backward...

As a Manly supporter of 50 years who has seen the highs and lows of our team I am very disappointed with a lot of fans on this site. Being a fan means you celebrate the highs of your team achievement but more important you support the team when they are down. Yes I am gutted that we are in this position at the moment, and it is easy to blame the coach, the players, the way the wind is blowing, angle of the sun, etc, etc, etc. We almost have a team on the sideline injured, very few 50/50 calls have gone our way in the last few weeks, our players have busted their arse trying to pull off a win. Des Hasler could easily blame our bad luck with injuries but hasn't. I go on the Kennel forum and they are comparing the bitching on this site with their bitching when they were coached by Des, and how they are going to be world beaters with Pretty boy as coach. This is a site ( the Kennel) that when fans disagree with each other they threaten each other with physical harm. So being compared to the chihuahua's fans is a bigger insult than the losses. How about we show that we are not fair weather fans and that "we get knocked down but we get up again they never going to keep us down" Just like a phoenix we will rise from the ashes, we will be a bigger and better team. Just show some patience and faith in our team

Well said....

As a Manly supporter of 50 years who has seen the highs and lows of our team I am very disappointed with a lot of fans on this site. Being a fan means you celebrate the highs of your team achievement but more important you support the team when they are down. Yes I am gutted that we are in this position at the moment, and it is easy to blame the coach, the players, the way the wind is blowing, angle of the sun, etc, etc, etc. We almost have a team on the sideline injured, very few 50/50 calls have gone our way in the last few weeks, our players have busted their arse trying to pull off a win. Des Hasler could easily blame our bad luck with injuries but hasn't. I go on the Kennel forum and they are comparing the bitching on this site with their bitching when they were coached by Des, and how they are going to be world beaters with Pretty boy as coach. This is a site ( the Kennel) that when fans disagree with each other they threaten each other with physical harm. So being compared to the chihuahua's fans is a bigger insult than the losses. How about we show that we are not fair weather fans and that "we get knocked down but we get up again they never going to keep us down" Just like a phoenix we will rise from the ashes, we will be a bigger and better team. Just show some patience and faith in our team
What are you talking about!... If I find you around town I'll beat you senseless with a kebab. ;)

my thoughts are exactly the same. Maybe because we are older fans,( manly fan 1966) we have mellowed and understand that it is the nature of all things to go up and down. (Its ok to lose sometimes) is something you learn when you are older. we have massive injuries yet fans expect us to be winning. I think the boys have tried their best with the troops we've got.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8