Surrounded by BS on here.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
As a Manly supporter of 50 years who has seen the highs and lows of our team I am very disappointed with a lot of fans on this site. Being a fan means you celebrate the highs of your team achievement but more important you support the team when they are down. Yes I am gutted that we are in this position at the moment, and it is easy to blame the coach, the players, the way the wind is blowing, angle of the sun, etc, etc, etc. We almost have a team on the sideline injured, very few 50/50 calls have gone our way in the last few weeks, our players have busted their arse trying to pull off a win. Des Hasler could easily blame our bad luck with injuries but hasn't. I go on the Kennel forum and they are comparing the bitching on this site with their bitching when they were coached by Des, and how they are going to be world beaters with Pretty boy as coach. This is a site ( the Kennel) that when fans disagree with each other they threaten each other with physical harm. So being compared to the chihuahua's fans is a bigger insult than the losses. How about we show that we are not fair weather fans and that "we get knocked down but we get up again they never going to keep us down" Just like a phoenix we will rise from the ashes, we will be a bigger and better team. Just show some patience and faith in our team
I'm an old bastard too and we sound like a similar vintage so I've also see the high and the lows. I get that, that's footy it goes in cycles but watching Manly get flogged like they did last night was pathetic and our down cycle has been down for awhile. Let's be realistic this team sucks arse and is absolutely ****ed and apart from the outlier better year that was last year we've been ****ed for awhile. That's not bitching or moaning. That's just the truth. The results speak for themselves. All teams have 50/50 calls, all teams have injuries. The plain truth is our team lacks mongrel in the forwards, they don't fight for each other and grind out a win (they did last year), we offer NOTHING in the backs, we are slow and defensively lazy. That's been there and on show for years ...... and our salary cap it so tied up a few players we can't sign anyone else. All of that was there with Barrett and I have no ****en clue why it's come back this year?

FACE IT. WE SUCK. WE NEED HELP...... That fact that I see that doesn't make me a moaner just a realist.

Last edited:
I'm an old bastard too and we sound like I'm a similar vintage so I've also see the high and the lows. Let's be realistic ...... this team sucks arse and is absolutely ****ed and apart from the outlier better year that was last year we've been ****ed for awhile. That's not bitching or moaning. That's just the truth. The results speak for themselves. All teams have 50/50 calls, all teams have injuries. The plain truth is our team lacks mongrel in the forwards, they don't fight for each and grind out a win (they did last year) and offers NOTHING in the backs. We are slow and defensibly lazy. That's been there for years ...... All of that was there with Barrett and I have no ****en clue why it's come back this year?

FACE IT. WE SUCK. WE NEED HELP...... That fact that I see that doesn't make me a moaner just a realist.
True. Missing Fainu,Turbo and Walker is no excuse, we still should win. Therefore, obviously, someone is to blame.

Probably a number of people. In other threads there's been a few nominations: Des, Crusher, our defence coach (whoever that is); the Penns; DCE, Foran (for indirectly causing DCE's massive contract) Turbo (for being injured); Jake; Marty (too soft); all the backs; all the fill-in backs; Levi; Croker; all the fill-in forwards (except Haumole); and obviously also the touchie vs Eels #1 and the bunker from time to time; Greenberg for the stand-down rule; V'Landys for not changing it yet; Thommo (past it) and Siro (cuts back in). Oh yeah, and Fainu for getting charged by police (And being on social media).

Probably all guilty to some extent. Although I suspect the real culprits are about 10 other NRL teams for being better than us so far this year!

FFS I get that so many are disappointed right now. I get that you feel let down but PLEASE the BS moaning and behatching is bordering on sad.

Out of everyone on here there are probably only 2 or 3 posters with any if not tenuous links to inside knowledge at the club.

WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHATS GOING ON OR WHO'S FAULT IT IS.

Sure it could be all Des. Or perhaps it's Penn or maybe its DCE or the trainers or the funking milkman.

Its so negative here with a real poison feeling. Most of you are just like me and know nothing for sure but wow you really like putting people down and playing the blame game.

One things for sure we are struggling. We have most of our attack out and thanks to rumours and social media we are again a basket case.
Opinions are like arseholes EOL we all have one.

Am I the only one that remembers some of the beatings we got back in 2004/5? I remember we had 60 or so points put on us at Penrith one night.
Point I am making is that we have been here before. With the same criticism of the coach, roster and owners. And then look what happened. Am I disappointed at the moment? Of course I am. Last night was embarrassing. But I’ll be watching again next week, and the week after. And next year. We’ll recover, we always do, but we just need to hold fast in the meantime.

Yes I think its called testicular fortitude

I'm an old bastard too and we sound like a similar vintage so I've also see the high and the lows. I get that, that's footy it goes in cycles but watching Manly get flogged like they did last night was pathetic and our down cycle has been down for awhile. Let's be realistic this team sucks arse and is absolutely ****ed and apart from the outlier better year that was last year we've been ****ed for awhile. That's not bitching or moaning. That's just the truth. The results speak for themselves. All teams have 50/50 calls, all teams have injuries. The plain truth is our team lacks mongrel in the forwards, they don't fight for each other and grind out a win (they did last year), we offer NOTHING in the backs, we are slow and defensively lazy. That's been there and on show for years ...... and our salary cap it so tied up a few players we can't sign anyone else. All of that was there with Barrett and I have no ****en clue why it's come back this year?

The 6 again rules don’t suit us. we are too slow. I think Garrick is the quickest

True. Missing Fainu,Turbo and Walker is no excuse, we still should win. Therefore, obviously, someone is to blame.

Probably a number of people. In other threads there's been a few nominations: Des, Crusher, our defence coach (whoever that is); the Penns; DCE, Foran (for indirectly causing DCE's massive contract) Turbo (for being injured); Jake; Marty (too soft); all the backs; all the fill-in backs; Levi; Croker; all the fill-in forwards (except Haumole); and obviously also the touchie vs Eels #1 and the bunker from time to time; Greenberg for the stand-down rule; V'Landys for not changing it yet; Thommo (past it) and Siro (cuts back in). Oh yeah, and Fainu for getting charged by police (And being on social media).

Probably all guilty to some extent. Although I suspect the real culprits are about 10 other NRL teams for being better than us so far this year!
post of the year Sgt

Sheesh

That Donny Singe guy gets a free ride!

lol

When Funa threw that intercept for a try, I was already numb by then, but then I actually did let out this deep-seated guttural moaning. My daughter shiit herself....she thought I was having a stroke.

Last edited:

Yep, I accept that with those key guys out and the quality of depth we've got we'll probably always lose more than we win but I'd like to see us at least lose showing a bit of fight. Some of the **** we've served up recently is not a fight. It's a good old fashioned rogering without lube ......

Last year when we lost we still fought. I have this horrible feeling that we're back in the Barrett years and I don't like it.

Our "misguided" anger is not because we are getting beaten, it is because the selectors are not trying to do something different to change our fortunes.
We have 11 players in our roster who haven't had a run yet. Surely several of them should have been given a chance to change the team dynamic.
If we'd used our full squad and were still being beaten then that's acceptable: we'd not be good enough. But when we are the club that has used the least amount of players we have right to be angry.

Our "misguided" anger is not because we are getting beaten, it is because the selectors are not trying to do something different to change our fortunes.
We have 11 players in our roster who haven't had a run yet. Surely several of them should have been given a chance to change the team dynamic.
If we'd used our full squad and were still being beaten then that's acceptable: we'd not be good enough. But when we are the club that has used the least amount of players we have right to be angry.
Do something different? You mean like seibold has done? Or Green did at the cows? These next gen players may in fact score a great try or do some special things but they won't turn around a side on their own back.

As much as I would like to see some new blood do any of you really hand on heart think 1 or 2 players who have no experience of FG are going to change things up. Honestly give yourself an uppercut if you do.

We got hammered last weekend sure. It was embarrassing yes. It was not good enough but look at the Broncos. They get beaten like that every other weekend and are stacked with young future superstars.

We wouldn't even be having this conversation if Turbo had not have done his hammy again. We would have won at least 3 or 4 more of the games we lost and possibly more.

• 👍
Reactions: mbe
Do something different? You mean like seibold has done? Or Green did at the cows? These next gen players may in fact score a great try or do some special things but they won't turn around a side on their own back.

As much as I would like to see some new blood do any of you really hand on heart think 1 or 2 players who have no experience of FG are going to change things up. Honestly give yourself an uppercut if you do.

We got hammered last weekend sure. It was embarrassing yes. It was not good enough but look at the Broncos. They get beaten like that every other weekend and are stacked with young future superstars.

We wouldn't even be having this conversation if Turbo had not have done his hammy again. We would have won at least 3 or 4 more of the games we lost and possibly more.
Two relevant things here

1. . No one is expecting them to turn around anything and in fact it would make no difference if they did because the players you want to keep in front of them have made damn sure already we won’t make the eight.... and the last piece in that puzzle was a 56 point hiding. Who cares if we lose a few blooding players. We are very good at losing already.

2. Totally different situation with Broncos. That argument gets trotted out every week.

Senior players at Broncos

Boyd ( shot to bits)
Milford ( shot to bits)
Teo ( wouldnt know he was on field)
Glen injured most of year

Senior players at Manly

Jake ( current Aus 13)
DCE ( current Aus half)
AFB. Best prop in world
Marty ( NZ starting prop)
Thommo ( 200 plus games )
Sirro ( 150 plus NRL games )

Others in squad
Tom Current Aus centre
Dylan Walker ( gf winner , origin player , centre of year )

To compare the squads is ridiculous

Last edited:
FFS I get that so many are disappointed right now. I get that you feel let down but PLEASE the BS moaning and behatching is bordering on sad.

Out of everyone on here there are probably only 2 or 3 posters with any if not tenuous links to inside knowledge at the club.

WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHATS GOING ON OR WHO'S FAULT IT IS.

Sure it could be all Des. Or perhaps it's Penn or maybe its DCE or the trainers or the funking milkman.

Its so negative here with a real poison feeling. Most of you are just like me and know nothing for sure but wow you really like putting people down and playing the blame game.

One things for sure we are struggling. We have most of our attack out and thanks to rumours and social media we are again a basket case.
sadly true...... I can't watch...too painful

To compare the squads is ridiculous
But the thing is its not. The Broncos had more experience than us but the powers that be decided to put all the eggs in the youth basket and its backfired. They moved out all that knowledge and game time and its left them stuffed.

The feeling from some here is that hoppa, Schuster and Gucca should be playing right now. OK so you loose Sirro or Thompson, jorge and whoever Schuster replaces.

Its not the answer. We dont know whats happening behind closed doors at the club and to be honest why should we? Tell me a club thats open and honest with their fans because they demand it? Nada....

Oh and while we are looking at it SACK DES yeah? And replace him with who? There is no one better on the market now or in the foreseeable future.

We are playing sh1t footy.. we deserve all the criticism we get.

they even dragged out Garrick to apologise for how poorly they played.

they played poorly, they know it, it’s a results driven based business.

But the thing is its not. The Broncos had more experience than us but the powers that be decided to put all the eggs in the youth basket and its backfired. They moved out all that knowledge and game time and its left them stuffed.

The feeling from some here is that hoppa, Schuster and Gucca should be playing right now. OK so you loose Sirro or Thompson, jorge and whoever Schuster replaces.

Its not the answer. We dont know whats happening behind closed doors at the club and to be honest why should we? Tell me a club thats open and honest with their fans because they demand it? Nada....

Oh and while we are looking at it SACK DES yeah? And replace him with who? There is no one better on the market now or in the foreseeable future.
?? We did not move anyone out like them.No one important has gone anywhere for years and only Thommo going next year.

We are in fact doing the opposite to a ridiculous level - giving precedence to reserve grade players with a bit of experience over youth AND getting flogged every week.

Put Hoppa in for Garrick, Guaca for JetSki and Shoe in at 14 for Croker and you lose ZERO senior players and all that experience remains.Geez it seems to have escaped people’s attention that Croker Jeski and Waddel are basically novices also - except they can’t play.

If Garrick Parker Elliott Tafua Croker JetSki and Waddell are the answer I don’t even want to know what the damn question is.
And ’m in no way calling for Dessies head. Just a change in selection policy now we are done for year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10