Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Next on 9 news: Crisis at Manly

I think they sign them for their footy knowledge and helping with the young Players coming through.

Pretty sure thats what both Gus and Madge said about Kitey and Gifty.
What they bring to training is what they are mainly signed for.

Gorgeous George on the underhand - entertainment value :D

Would be why Wolfie would be signed too, if its true that the Rorters are after him :angel:

I don't know how mind numbing it would be to train 5 days a week, be with the same people all the time and hear the same stories :s

RE: Triple M

damiennp90 said:
I'm sorry boys. This is really getting me down. We're a great club. I know glen went but so did Steve Menzies and all our other greats. People have to move on. I think it was confirmed for al least 2 players want out and maybe snake. It just brings down the win. Manly can say we won't release anyone but then there playing and don't really care. Just being professional. No passion.
Didn't look like they didn't care tonight.

Plus most teams have their rosters sorted for next year, so pay cuts all round.

I also say they should be released.

The club should make it public they have asked, and grant it.

If it means DCE, Foran, Taufua, Buhrer, etc etc are secured for the next 4 or 5 years we are in a great position.

These blokes are nothing without Manly. They can ask a true great in Fulton how his 2 years at the Roosters turned out.

Imagine spilling your guts for a great team for 10 years and then ending your days on the Gold Coast or Canberra hoping you dont get the spoon until your retirement.

HappilyManly said:
Its the typical misunderstanding between Operations and the Playing Group.

The Players, no offence, are not savvy enough to know that the Z... faction is using their emotions, to route Perry for firing him a few years back :cool:

They don't care for any Admin person as far as I know.

Its not personal, just misdirected and will blow over when their blood cools down after the Season is over :)

Manly is in good hands, and if the Club determines that releasing some will ease the situation, they will do so. 2v already stated publicly that nobody is going anywhere :p

If the bit about zorba is true, why on earth wouldn't the penn's reign him in.., surely them, as businessmen would have to know how much this would undermine our success and devalue our brand off the field.. Hugely.. Memberships would halve if the three in question left.

Won't some sanity prevail. Get zorba the hell away from the club. He is a sycophant to the players and a meddlesome old fool. Who wouldn't see the big picture if he was sitting in the first row.

I just don't get that if they can't play with one mate they won't play with any.
It doesn't make sense.
Nothing much does these days in NRL.
Glad Manly won tonight.
:D

Yes niccipops - lets just enjoy the win :)
I was worried about the Kogarah hoodoo for a while there :p

The younger players have to be retained. When Snake, Choc and Matai came through other players were released. That's just the way it works.

bob dylan said:

If it means DCE, Foran, Taufua, Buhrer, etc etc are secured for the next 4 or 5 years we are in a great position.

These blokes are nothing without Manly. They can ask a true great in Fulton how his 2 years at the Roosters turned out.

Imagine spilling your guts for a great team for 10 years and then ending your days on the Gold Coast or Canberra hoping you dont get the spoon until your retirement.
agree 100% Bob,but the funny thing is after they go and then retire,they,ll want back into the club is some form or another,us the fans stick by them through thick and thin,but we are the ones who suffer the most,Brett wont get the support he got with Manly fans when he went through the tough times at any other club. The players want the fans to be loyal,then it works both ways

bob dylan said:

100% agree with everything above. Well said.

the mauler said:
damiennp90 said:
I'm sorry boys. This is really getting me down. We're a great club. I know glen went but so did Steve Menzies and all our other greats. People have to move on. I think it was confirmed for al least 2 players want out and maybe snake. It just brings down the win. Manly can say we won't release anyone but then there playing and don't really care. Just being professional. No passion.
Didn't look like they didn't care tonight.

Didn't say they didn't care. There professionals and like most of there teammates. Just a downer after a solid win. My only worry is snake. Get rid of matai and Choc for being so disrespectful to the club. At lease with snake we haven't Heard much. And we don't play we'll without it him.

Choc to Parra who are on the rise and have an ex Manly coach. Matai to Warriors, Snake to Souffs who with Gift would turn them into a premiership team. This is horrible news and makes me sick to think these guys want to walk.

mickqld said:
Choc to Parra who are on the rise and have an ex Manly coach. Matai to Warriors, Snake to Souffs who with Gift would turn them into a premiership team. This is horrible news and makes me sick to think these guys want to walk.

:p

Funny as your anti-Manly tips :D

Brett's off to The Dogs, it's a done deal if if he gets out of his current deal.

Parra are on the rise??? Tell me more, they are a rabble without Ricky Stuart, that's the only difference to 2013.

G'day all,Iknow we have abloke who has been there as long as the three reported release requesters,maybe not as high profile but who has been through it all and haven't heard apeep out of him.If only others could conduct themselves in the same dignified manner.
cheers mike

bob dylan said:
Kids getting killed in the Middle East, Planes getting shot out of the sky and how is this even newsworthy.

Too right bob. Very good point.

bob dylan said:
Kids getting killed in the Middle East, Planes getting shot out of the sky and how is this even newsworthy.

Because everyone wets themselves with joy if there's a sniff of a chance Manly will implode.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7